Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ Legalfalcon.
Hello,
I heard about you from one of my friends and wanted to know if you can guide me on the following issue.
I am an international masters student at Concordia University from India.
I had applied for my study permit together with TRV for my wife and child from India online on 12th July 2017.
I got my visa in 3 weeks and I came here to start my studies in Fall 17 hoping that my dependants will get visa in few weeks. Its been almost 6 month but there is no response from CIC regarding my wife's and child's case.
Can something be done about this?

--A
Have your requested GCMS notes? If not, then you should do that. That will help you see at what stage the processing is and if there are any concerns. Apart from the GCM notes, you can also raise a CSE and enquire about your application.

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
YEs, that is correct. If you send two passports, then the non visa exempt one will be used if it was mentioned in the application.
Hi,
Thanks, one more question on this topic I promise.
Do you know of any reason why CIC would have the applicant use the non visa exempt passport over the visa exempt passport?
Can the applicant possibly select which passport they would prefer to travel on and therefore have the visa issued in that passport? (i.e. the non visa exempt passport!)
Thanks

rajanathomas

Apr 3, 2017
As per your notes everything seems to be in order. Your eligibility is passed and you are 90% through, only your security is ongoing and as soon as it is complete, you will receive the PPR. Just have some patience.
Thank you for your prompt response. My Husband works for a Government organisation here. As I understand from the GCMS Notes, the security is stuck at his end. Is there any chance if the organisation does not revert with the authenticity of the Employee within the stipulated time, the PR could get rejected?

Dhyom

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
T
If the two years have passed, you can apply again, however, you will have to explain this in a LoE, which is well drafted and succinct. Also, a consultant advising you to commit misrepresentation is liable for sanctions, and should be reported.

IRCC may put your application through additional screening, but apart from that, there is nothing which will impact the processing if all your documents are in order.
Thanks for ur reply. It's been 5 years now and we are not dealing with that consultant now as they were very rude and non co-operative afterwards. Moreover since the experience was fake so how can we justify it now.. it was a blunder out of ignorance and false assurance which we really regret now.

Anyway, pls tell that will it work if
Now if I become the primary applicant with all genuine documents and my husband now will be secondary so will it affect now? Also we don't have those fake documents now with us so we will show my husband's genuine study only as i dont want to support that false study and experience again so will it be fine or will it matter?
I'm feeling like caught in a trap.. :(
Pls help.
Thanks again!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Happy new year to you as well!!

1. Most places have an option for either VFS or directly to the VO. However, before you do that, send an email and clarify.
2. For TRV there Is no requirement for photos.
3. Yes, if all the passport holders were mentioned in one application, you can send them in one envelope. However, if there were different application, then send them separately with three different return envelopes.
Thanks for your kind advise.

I emailed VO and they said "Passports can be sent directly to VO. You can send all passports together."

So I will dispatch all passports in single envelope with one prepaid return airway bill.

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Dear Legalfalcon, I have landed at Toronto as a PR on 31 Dec. As the day and the next day were Holidays I went to my nearest Service Canada office on 2 Jan. for my SIN. However, after taking information the officer at Service Canada told me they can't issue my SIN at the moment as there is a flag on my immigration. They said my SIN will be posted to my mailing address within a month or so. I also had to fill a paper application at the counter. Is there anything to worry? Should I communicate with CBSA about the matter?

I called Service Canada call centre about the matter as well. They said I don't have to do anything. It's just an issue with validation on their system and my SIN will be posted to me in a month. Please advice.

Xaiby

Sep 14, 2017
@legalfalcon I am IP2 since Nov 8. Schedule A background declaration form was requested on Nov 29 and submitted on Dec 04. Still waiting for PPR.
Is there anything to worry or everything is alright?

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
@legalfalcon

Hi,

I have few questions here and looking forward to some helpful suggestions please.

So I have completed masters in 2017 and started internship (one year, full-time, paid) in my education field right AFTER my graduation (on Post graduation work permit).

Here is my profile: Never married, Age: 24, Studies: Masters in Canada, Work experience OUTSIDE Canada: NONE, INSIDE Canada on PGWP: 1 YEAR, IELTS: L-8, R-6.5, S:6.5, W:6.5, No relatives in Canada.

I am wondering: (a) if I am eligible to apply under CEC and is it a good idea to go for CEC.
(b) I calculated my CRS which is 465 at the moment. However, should I gain one more year work experience or apply right after ONE YEAR OF INTERNSHIP?
(c) Is it mandatory to have a permanent job at the time of applying for PR under CEC?
(f) If I am eligible to apply under CEC, therefore, I have to mention NOC as well and I am not sure about it. My job title is Chemical Engineering Intern and my job duties are similar to NOC 2134 (Chemical Engineer) unfortunately, I don't have engineering licence (P.Eng) and under NOC 2134, job requirements has something mentioned about P.Eng. Well, I am super confused.
(g) Any helpful link for samples of letter from employer for immigration purposes.

Sorry about so many questions!!

Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
Thanks, one more question on this topic I promise.
Do you know of any reason why CIC would have the applicant use the non visa exempt passport over the visa exempt passport?
Can the applicant possibly select which passport they would prefer to travel on and therefore have the visa issued in that passport? (i.e. the non visa exempt passport!)
Thanks
Its your choice, which passport you want to use, IRCC has no reason to refuse, unless they do not recognize one of the passports.

Reactions: Phillip10002

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your prompt response. My Husband works for a Government organisation here. As I understand from the GCMS Notes, the security is stuck at his end. Is there any chance if the organisation does not revert with the authenticity of the Employee within the stipulated time, the PR could get rejected?

During security, information is sought from foreign governments, not organizations. It is very common that foreign governments do not respond to messages about private individuals, and in that scenario, IRCC does the security on its own.

To read more on security see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
T

Thanks for ur reply. It's been 5 years now and we are not dealing with that consultant now as they were very rude and non co-operative afterwards. Moreover since the experience was fake so how can we justify it now.. it was a blunder out of ignorance and false assurance which we really regret now.

Anyway, pls tell that will it work if
Now if I become the primary applicant with all genuine documents and my husband now will be secondary so will it affect now? Also we don't have those fake documents now with us so we will show my husband's genuine study only as i dont want to support that false study and experience again so will it be fine or will it matter?
I'm feeling like caught in a trap.. :(
Pls help.
Thanks again!
Yes, it will be fine, as long as you explain this in LoE, include previous letters. Obviously your application will be scrutinized minutely.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon, I have landed at Toronto as a PR on 31 Dec. As the day and the next day were Holidays I went to my nearest Service Canada office on 2 Jan. for my SIN. However, after taking information the officer at Service Canada told me they can't issue my SIN at the moment as there is a flag on my immigration. They said my SIN will be posted to my mailing address within a month or so. I also had to fill a paper application at the counter. Is there anything to worry? Should I communicate with CBSA about the matter?

I called Service Canada call centre about the matter as well. They said I don't have to do anything. It's just an issue with validation on their system and my SIN will be posted to me in a month. Please advice.
No need to worry. Its simply an administrative issue. If you have ever been in Canada before and were issued a SIN, it will be revoked and a new one issued. Sometimes, officers working on your file also do not close the file properly, which takes time. But there is nothing to worry as yet.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I am IP2 since Nov 8. Schedule A background declaration form was requested on Nov 29 and submitted on Dec 04. Still waiting for PPR.
Is there anything to worry or everything is alright?
IP2 and IP are just speculative and do not determine at what stage your application is at. All application go through the following:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

To read more see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Given that you were asked Sec A, your R10, criminality and medicals should be completed. However as regards eligibility, that cannot be certainly stated except through GCMS notes. Once the eligibility is passed, then you go to security, and then the PPR.

To confirm if you have passed eligibility, you can order GCMS notes, or wait.

The 6 months processing time starts from the day R10 is passed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi,

I have few questions here and looking forward to some helpful suggestions please.

So I have completed masters in 2017 and started internship (one year, full-time, paid) in my education field right AFTER my graduation (on Post graduation work permit).

Here is my profile: Never married, Age: 24, Studies: Masters in Canada, Work experience OUTSIDE Canada: NONE, INSIDE Canada on PGWP: 1 YEAR, IELTS: L-8, R-6.5, S:6.5, W:6.5, No relatives in Canada.

I am wondering: (a) if I am eligible to apply under CEC and is it a good idea to go for CEC.
(b) I calculated my CRS which is 465 at the moment. However, should I gain one more year work experience or apply right after ONE YEAR OF INTERNSHIP?
(c) Is it mandatory to have a permanent job at the time of applying for PR under CEC?
(f) If I am eligible to apply under CEC, therefore, I have to mention NOC as well and I am not sure about it. My job title is Chemical Engineering Intern and my job duties are similar to NOC 2134 (Chemical Engineer) unfortunately, I don't have engineering licence (P.Eng) and under NOC 2134, job requirements has something mentioned about P.Eng. Well, I am super confused.
(g) Any helpful link for samples of letter from employer for immigration purposes.

Sorry about so many questions!!

Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(a) if I am eligible to apply under CEC and is it a good idea to go for CEC.
Even when you apply under FSW or PNP, an applicant is evaluated against all programs and in your case your are eligible under CEC.

465 is a good score. For CEC:

To qualify for the CEC through Express Entry, you must have:

• at least 12 months of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last three years (before you apply). The work was:
    • full-time OR
    • an equal amount in part-time
  • gained your work experience in Canada with the proper authorization
  • meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability
    • writing
    • reading
    • listening
    • speaking
  • planned to live outside the province of Quebec
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as on a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program.

If you meet the above, apply for CEC as soon as you finish the 1 year work experience.

(c) Is it mandatory to have a permanent job at the time of applying for PR under CEC? NO

It is not the title, but the job duties which should match. So check your job duties against that of the NOC you selected.

There is no specific format. Each organization has its own, just make sure that it contains the following:

a reference or experience letter from the employer
• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
• should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Reactions: Cherrypaul