17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,

I have greatly benefited your informative post about detailed background check, and thus am better informed about how to deal with my current SS situation. I have a few inquiries related to my recent notes that need your guidance on its interpretation.

I am the primary applicant and I can see the exact words "security screening" which shows the status "Not Started". For my spouse, there is only the word "Security" after the word "Type:", and there are no sub-activities.

1. Does it mean that currently, only I am undergoing SS; or my husband will also go through SS at a later time?

2. Thanks to your post, today I just requested immigration screening file through fax. Does it mean that by this request, my SS screening will be expedited, as this report is often generated within 8 weeks?

3. Do you suggest requesting CBSA report at the moment? Or should I wait until I hear back about the immigration screening file?

My background check has started from the beginning of September, and my application will reach 7 month by the end of this month. As you can imagine, the waiting becomes more and more painful. I look forward your informed and expertise opinion. Thank you very much.
1. All files go though security screening. There will be 4 such sub activities before you file is cleared. Just because you see the words "security screening" does not mean that your file processing will be delayed. Some application take way longer because of security screening, and if you are one of them, then that is another issue. This happens when you cross the 6 months processing time. The 6 months processing time starts from the dat you pass R10.

2. No, requesting a report has no impact in the processing. It merely lets you know whether you are have been cleared by CSIS and CBSA.

3. This depends on how much time you have been since you filed your application.

7 months is way within the standard processing time. There is no need to get worried. Most applications are cleared within 8-9 months. Just have patience and you will be through too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear All,
Please tell me, Do I need to make polio vaccination certificate, i am candidate of Express ENTRY

You only need to get your medicals. There is no specific requirement for any vaccination.
To read more on medicals see -

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you doing well.

Can you please check my signature & advise what's going on with my file?. I have no update to add in my signature from today's call with cic, as i specifically asked for four stages & everything is same with no new notes by any agent or officer

Regards
There is nothing in your signature. Also, when you ask a question, please take the efforts to provide a context briefly and then your precise questions. No one has time to dig your information and give you answers. This is a self help group, but please make some efforts from your end too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
I am terribly worried. I sent an email and got this response:

"Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times."

But according to my notes, I am not SS. It only says "security", not "screening".

I'm supposed to start business school next march.
What should I do??

AOR May12 2017
R10 June26
Security began July27

This is a standard response. This does not mean you are in SS. Just relax.

Reactions: Vitam

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
There is nothing in your signature. Also, when you ask a question, please take the efforts to provide a context briefly and then your precise questions. No one has time to dig your information and give you answers. This is a self help group, but please make some efforts from your end too.
My bad, don't mind.

So following is my scenario:
AOR MAY 23
Med Passed: August 2nd
ADD DOC REQ: Rcmp 22 August, submitted Aug 23
Case Analyst Recommended Pass: Sept 14
But since then no update, cirminality in progress & security not started yet.
Please can you advise; what will be next steps on my file or any opinion will be appreciated.
Thanks!

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Documents related to PoF go in that section and the those pertaining to marriage certificate go in the respective section.
Thank you friend.

I have the original marriage certificate. I can scan it in color. Will this be okey? or Do I need to get a certified copy and then scan it?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Outstanding balance is when you are paying interest on some amount, not what you pay every month on the purchases.
I pay the minimum payment required each month. So I have an outstanding. I am paying the interest plus portion of the capital.

Do I need to show this since I am not using these banks for POF? I have credit balances in other Banks which I am going to use as POF.

Ganiroy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
What you are reading is as who qualifies to get enrolled for health coverage in Ontario. As a new immigrant, if you show the proof of our residence in Ontario you can enroll.

What I stated is when the coverage starts. On the same page you are referring, see below:

When your coverage starts
It can take up to three months for your OHIP coverage to begin after you’ve been approved.

During this time, you may want to consider buying private health insurance.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

As a new PR, you will be covered under the "make Ontario your primary home."
Got it thank you

canadianrockies84

Jun 23, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

Just wanted to check with about EE document requirement for Current Employer reference letter. I already asked HR about it and there's no way I can get it. I only have pay slips and my H1B petition doc(on employer's letterhead) where my jobs and duties are mentioned. Can't even go to my colleagues as it will create further complication. Please suggest if IRCC would accept those petition doc.

Many thanks!

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
1. All files go though security screening. There will be 4 such sub activities before you file is cleared. Just because you see the words "security screening" does not mean that your file processing will be delayed. Some application take way longer because of security screening, and if you are one of them, then that is another issue. This happens when you cross the 6 months processing time. The 6 months processing time starts from the dat you pass R10.

2. No, requesting a report has no impact in the processing. It merely lets you know whether you are have been cleared by CSIS and CBSA.

3. This depends on how much time you have been since you filed your application.

7 months is way within the standard processing time. There is no need to get worried. Most applications are cleared within 8-9 months. Just have patience and you will be through too.
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you so much for all these reassuring information. MY AOR is April 27, 2017, and it will reach 7 month by the end of this month. I am planning to order CSIS notes to understand the situation of my SS. Is the CBSA notes the same as CSIS notes? Could you please advise? Thank you again.

trendtrader

May 31, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I did my landing on 28th sept 2017 at toronto pearson airport.

I received my pr card today but at the reverse side the date of becoming pr has been printed as 28th aug 2017.

I have confirmed plan to leave canada for 6 months on dec 1st.

What should i do?

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,
trust you are fine. I am interested in working in the Canada immigration services. What do you advice I do to better my chances? I hold an mba with several years of experience in the financial industry. I look forward to your response, best regards

New123

Apr 17, 2017
Hi Sir

I have some queries will be grateful if you would answer.

1.Bill C-6 says that we don't have to stay for 3yrs without any break or there is no time limit of to be physically present 183 days,can you give some idea about that rule.

2. Also is it good to show more money when you land even though you don't have the amount now but will be bringing later on such as: Land Money after selling a year later, or should I not declare it now?

3.To apply for super visa what are the minimum requirement and how fast can one apply?

Regards
New123

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @legalfalcon , It is urgent please. I got the PPR email:

They ask me to submit the passports and photos to VO islamabad, Pakistan. I have already submitted CSE on 13/11 for change of address from Pakistan to Canada but never got a response of it. PPR email states: Should any of the following circumstances (change of address) apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately

Secondly, the PPR email also states that "if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”)"

So what should I do in this case? Should I just send to Ottawa then with or without letter of explanation? or inform any one? call them?

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you

Usman