17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I ordered my GCMS notes on 10/20/2017 which I got today. Something I cannot understand. Would you please help me understanding it?

In the assessment part, it is saying:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Stream: CEC-Inland
AOR: July 7 2017
ADR: Not needed since Oct 10.
Nothing changed after.

Currentl Status:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, in my APPLICATION Part there are two updates which are very strange as below.

APPLICATION:1
Field Name: Security
Action:Updated

APPLICATION:2
Field Name: Security
Action Updated
Old Value: Not Started.

It looks like that my security check was not started but currently the status was changed to blank. What is going on with this kind of status?

BTW: I didn't see any R10 block. Where I can find it in the GCMS notes?

Thanks in advance and hope everyone got approved fast.

There is no correlation between the MyCIC status and your application. As per your notes, your security is in progress.
For R10 see the last few pages of your notes, they contain the notes for the R10 and eligibility.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

I got PPR today but I haven´t paid the PR fee ($490). There is no slot in my application to submit the recepit either. What is the best way to come around this? Should I submit a CSE with the recepit prior to sending the requested documents? Should I wait until the payment is requested? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
If you got the PPR without paying, that is very strange. You should raise a CSE and clarify the situation immediately.

Reactions: degm

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello All,

I got my COPR (I am the Primary Applicant (PA) and Spouse - Secondary Applicant/dependent (SA)).

Now, my question is

Do we both need to land at the same time? or I (PA) can land first and then my spouse (SA) can land after few months but before the validity date on visa.

Also, when my spouse (SA), land after few months, I may not be in Canada. I will be travelling on Business trip.
All your questions have been answered here -

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/

As regards your last question, you don't have to be in Canada when your spouse lands after you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon and other friends in the forum,

I have received my visa (valid till first week of Feb. 2018) and COPR. I am planning to land in the first week of Jan. 2018.

I need your kind advice on my landing options. I am willing to land and settle either in Toronto or Ottawa. I actually don't have any close relative at any part of Canada. So all provinces are same to me. However, I am considering factors like living expenses, job opportunities, weather, diversity and access to higher education (PhD) in making my decision about landing.

I know Toronto is a bigger, diverse and more vibrant city. Bigger cities offer more job opportunities but the level of competition is also high. Toronto also has a larger corporate landscape, which adds to the diverse job opportunities of the city. The cultural and entertainment options are also abundant compared to Ottawa. Also Toronto has a larger Asian migrant community, which makes you feel at home. Toronto also has a warmer weather compared to Ottawa. However, Toronto is more expensive and hyper. It's a bit like London, where I stayed for my Postgraduate study for sometimes.

Ottawa, on the other hand, is less expensive and has a lower unemployment rate. It's less hyper and less competitive to some extent (correct me if I am wrong). However, many people say being bilingual gives you an edge in getting a job in Ottawa. It's also a bit colder than Toronto and many people say it's a boring city.

I will be grateful if Legalfalcon and other friends in the forum help me make a wiser decision.

Should it be Toronto or Ottawa?

I am not super rich by the way! I work in the higher education sector.

You can read more online and check linkedin and see if there are opportunities in your filed. At the end it boils down to which field you are in.

Reactions: KASK

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello @legalfalcon
my AOR is 6th Oct NA2 since 30/31 Oct.. on 14 th i send them an email checking my visa office today got a reply that my file is in CIO Sydney and has not been transferrd to LVO....

is it normal?? please advice

Very normal. Nothing to worry. If you are concerned about your application, consider ordering GCMS notes.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
I don't see any issues with your application as he cRS is way over what you need.
How are you calculating the CRS as 978?
Hi @legalfalcon. Thank you for your reply. Yes I understand that the CRS is over what I need. The 978 is calculated by the system. It is based on more than 3 years of continuous work (10 years). It seems the officer just ignored the previous positions. I know it won't affect anything. I was just curious of why would they ignore them.

Espiritguy

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am not sure where you are getting the information.

How much work experience do you have. If you have over 1 year of work experience in Canada, you are eligible for CEC and a PNP based on that, irrespective of whether you have a valid LIMA or not.

If you can elaborate more of which stream exactly you intend to apply, I can help you better.
Hey legalfalcon, I have 8years+ experience in India and i am still in India. I got LMIA which is set to expire in first week of december. My canadian lawyer says, i can apply under ontario PNP ( job offer catgory ) before the expiration of LMIA. Is that true ? Acc to my agent, the employer is eligible to apply on my behalf as per terms of cic. Will my application still be processed after the LMIA has expired if i apply asap ?

khalid989

Mar 11, 2017
How you have listed above is fine. However, you should have it as:

May - December
December - July
July - Nov

Unless you started something on the first of the next month.
Thank you so much for your response.

I have just reviewed the submission I did earlier for Ontario PNP programme. (before receiving the ITA)

Unfortunately, I had not mentioned about my part time employment during the period of January 2012 - April 2013 as I thought it would not count as full time paid work experience.

Also, I had Marked "No" on the following tab confirming that I had no activity apart from education and paid work history. (please refer to the below)

Other Activities (excluding education and paid work)
Do you have any other activities, excluding education and paid work history, in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago)?

Yes
No

If I mention the part time (mostly undocumented) work experience during the period of January 2012 - April 2013 now in Personal Activities at this stage it will contradict with the information I had provided earlier. Would you advise to simply mention I had been unemployed for all this time? (This is raise concerns for the VO being unemployed for so long) or is it better to mention the part time work experience?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Joshy1979

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Sir I have a question I got ITA in the last draw I applied through an agent I got ECA report of all my qualifications i am collecting all my required documents my question is it mandatory to submit transcript of all the qualifications which I completed? My agent is telling without transcript we couldn't apply is it true?

goodpart

Nov 17, 2017
Dear legalfalcon,

I applied for my GCMS Notes 49 days ago though the getgcms website. However, I have not received the notes yet. I have been in touch with the getgcms site and was told they have not received my notes yet and have sent status request without success.

From your experience, what does it mean for my application? Is there anything that could be done to get my notes so I can have an idea of what is happening with my application. My AOR is July 1.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon
I have received my ITA on 15 Nov 2017,
I have done my medical today.
I already have my PCC since July 2017, a little confusion is , do I have to reapply for it as the same is valid till Jan 2018.
Any experienced suggestions would work.thanks..

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,

This might seem a big essay but I hope it doesn't confuse you.

I had a doubt and was wondering if I am overstressing over it. It is about my work proof given to IRCC for PNP - Outland express entry.

I work for a small firm from May-2013 and it has only 15 people maximum. Now the story is my boss who is the founder lives in US and has the company in the name of Rational Investing LLC with a website http://rationalinvesting.com but the thing is that is in the US.

I live at Mumbai - India and we work from here and the company name is Value Metrics. The guy who is the founder has asked his dad to manage stuff from here. So actually I work under Value Metrics and also the offer letter, salary slip I got from my boss, reference letter from my boss here to meet the IRCC criteria is also in the name of Value Metrics. The letter head says Value Metrics and just below it the website name is mentioned i.e. www.rationalinvesting.com. Now when the guy at New Delhi visa will try to search on google about the company it wont pop up or hardly any details about Value Metrics will pop up.

The address registered to the company in Mumbai is the place where we work and is a Bungalow. I hope that if they aren't able to Google search they either call or visit the place to check.

In this case is there a possibility of my visa not being issued considering that I am not actually working and maybe the company is a fraud???? I know it very complicated but I just realised that the whole thing may not work in my favour.

Documents I have provided to them is Offer Letter, salary slip for 1st month and last month on same letter head as ee had on offer letter and reference letter before submitting (actually we don't get salary slip also but we asked our boss here to make it and give so we have some proof or work and it is legit since he knows that we have made and he has signed it), reference letter on the letter head, my bank statements highlighted showing the money deposited for last 1 year, my income tax paid for last 3 years which has the employer name from India and his tax code.

I hope I am safe and this wont hamper my chance of getting PR.

Sorry for the long essay.

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I cannot predict a time line, but it depends on what stage your application is at. It is just awaiting a final approval, or a security screening. If its SS, then it can take longer, if its a final review, its just 2-3 weeks.

You should order GCMS notes and see what this happened. That will give your a better picture and insight into what is happening.
I received the second PPR on 25th of september and i ordered notes since 28th of september but i didn't receive them yet, can delay signifies i am under security screening?

degm

May 31, 2017
If you got the PPR without paying, that is very strange. You should raise a CSE and clarify the situation immediately.
Thank you @legalfalcon.

I read the email carefully and it says I should attach the proof of payment. Will attach copy of the receipt along with the other requested documents (passport, photos etc).

Thank you!
Douglas