+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
When you ask a follow up question either quote the previous conversation or provide a context. Cannot answer in abstract.
Sorry friend.

1. My HND is 1.5 years, I have put since Jan 2008 to Sep 2009 and "Complete/ Full Academic years" as 2 years. Since the ECA states the equivalency as 2 years. Will this be a problem?
2. My Degree is a 3 year UK degree, but I have done only a 1 year top-up coz of the HND. So took only 1 year. I have put "since Oct 2009" and "to Sep 2011" and "Complete/ Full Academic years" as 3 years. I have put 3 years since it is the actual course duration. But the ECA states as 4 years. What should I do? The duration from since to is only like 2 years, but I have put as 3 years in the Complete/ Full Academic years. Should I put as 4 years as per ECA? Are the dates ok?

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@legalfalcon

Got PPR Email!!!
Timline:
ITA- July 12
Aor- July 24
Submited new passport- Aug 28
Med/ip1- Aug 29
Additional doc do not need- Sept 11 & also got email that new passport updated in system
Na2- Sept 12
Email for visa office- Sept 25/ same day reply Ottawa
Order Gcms notes - Oct 9th
Called cic - oct 30th- last stage of security according to agent
Ip2 - from oct 30th to nov 7 as i didnt check whole week.
Ppr- Nov 7th

Thank you so much for ur support

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can write a letter of explanation with other supporting documents and explain the situation. Also you can ask anyone else to write a letter.

However, the company's policy is not to disclose salary and in cases not to issue reference letters, but never heard of no one verifying you employment.

Thanks Legalfalcon. I have heard from many people on reaching out to their managers/company either via phone or mail. But it is very seldom.
Earlier i did a mistake, i didnt notarize it. Now i will get another letter, and will notarize it also.

The main problem is, they copied HR in the mail and wants approval from them also. So my manger is not happy at all as he did personal favor to me.

Thanks again..

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
That is absolutely correct and this is how IRCC works.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4
Thanks for the reply @legalfalcon I read online that once we reach there and get PR card, driving license, SIN and other documents, they will not have any given name. They will use your given name from passport as family name. Somewhere, it will be repeated twice.

Is it true and if so, how bad can it be? Do you any inputs on this?

Thanks

Rush28

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
I only respond to PMs for personal queries which cannot be shared on the public forum.
So my exact situation is that on 2nd nov i have got the PPR mail.. and this week i am getting a sense that i might be expecting.. but there is no way of confirming till end of this month cz its too early... so my query is:

I feel i have three options:

1. I deliver in canada: in this option, i submit the passports right now.. get the stamp and hope that all falls in place and i deluver there. But one doubt that i have is that can i first time land in canada while being pregnant as in is it allowed if the pregnancy shows decently..

2. 2nd option is that i deliver here in india.. but that is a difficult one cz i read that in that case u need to sponser the child while being in canada and the child cannot be with you this whole time till the sponsership process is complete..

3. 3rd option is that i wait till end of this month to confirm pregnancy and then inform the visa office.. this would mean that my application is put on hold for at least next 9-10 months..

Is my understand correct? And my query in option plz..

Suzirizi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
What is the email address where we can email To find out about our application status? And how should that be drafted?

A.Awan

May 26, 2017
Hong Kong
Hi @legalfalcon

I have my salary slips as a part of my PoF. However, it's mentioned on the slips that "This is a computer generated document. No signature is required."
The document has company logo on top and address+contact information at the bottom. Are these salary slips acceptable ?

Thanks you.
The salary slips are not required if your work experience is outside Canada. However, you can add the salary slips, no issues with it.
Thank you for the reply. I'm outland applicant. As advised by you earlier that the source of income (i.e. salary slips) is required in case PoF statement is not older than 6 months. My Pof is only 1 month old. So a computer generated salary slip on company letterhead without signature and stamp acceptable is in my case ? My company doesn't issue salary slips with signature and stamps.
Many thanks.

Nov 28, 2015
Please be advised that the 6 months processing time starts when the R10 is passed. In your case, things are going well if your eligibility is passed. The RCMP check and criminality for inland applicants takes a little time, but you should receive your PPR soon. However, if you add your baby, if the baby was not born in Canada, then it will take a few additional weeks.
Thanks your suggestions.
I got my PPR and I also have sent email to (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) attached my baby birth certificate.

Best wishes for everyone.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
@legalfalcon
Hello, I needed to apply for a PCC from singapore (where I am staying currently) but SPF needs a request letter from IRCC. CIC says I must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

But being the careless person i am, i forgot to upload this document. However, I have uploaded the PCC from my home country. Please advise. I got my AOR 2 days ago

Last edited:

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,
Is it advisable to get PCC, in advance, from current country of residence before leaving the country?
I am currently living in Italy, and would be leaving next month, to pursue post-doc in Canada on basis of WP. But in 2018, I will pursue EE route on basis of CEC, so should I get PCC now let say in next week, and then I would be leaving Italy, would at that time in 2018 (when I would be applying for EE via CEC route), this PCC be considered as valid? Although I don't know yet, Italy PCC is valid for 6 months or 1 yr, but I read this statement:
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Though, let say I would be leaving in Dec, then in next year, via remote by being in Canada, may be at that time, it would be difficult for me to obtain Italy PCC, in comparison to I can obtain now easily in this month, and leave italy in next month with no come-back.
What you advice?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry friend.

1. My HND is 1.5 years, I have put since Jan 2008 to Sep 2009 and "Complete/ Full Academic years" as 2 years. Since the ECA states the equivalency as 2 years. Will this be a problem?
2. My Degree is a 3 year UK degree, but I have done only a 1 year top-up coz of the HND. So took only 1 year. I have put "since Oct 2009" and "to Sep 2011" and "Complete/ Full Academic years" as 3 years. I have put 3 years since it is the actual course duration. But the ECA states as 4 years. What should I do? The duration from since to is only like 2 years, but I have put as 3 years in the Complete/ Full Academic years. Should I put as 4 years as per ECA? Are the dates ok?

It does not matter what you did and how long it took you to do it. What matters is what your ECA report says and you get points for that.

When you fill your personal history, use the exact dates of when you were studying, irrespective of whether your degree is assessed as 4 years or something else.

Reactions: akila868

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Got PPR Email!!!
Timline:
ITA- July 12
Aor- July 24
Submited new passport- Aug 28
Med/ip1- Aug 29
Additional doc do not need- Sept 11 & also got email that new passport updated in system
Na2- Sept 12
Email for visa office- Sept 25/ same day reply Ottawa
Order Gcms notes - Oct 9th
Called cic - oct 30th- last stage of security according to agent
Ip2 - from oct 30th to nov 7 as i didnt check whole week.
Ppr- Nov 7th

Thank you so much for ur support

Heartiest Congratulations!! All the best for the journey ahead!!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply @legalfalcon I read online that once we reach there and get PR card, driving license, SIN and other documents, they will not have any given name. They will use your given name from passport as family name. Somewhere, it will be repeated twice.

Is it true and if so, how bad can it be? Do you any inputs on this?

Thanks
This will not be an issue, it will done in accordance with the practice as per the protocol of the specific province. For your federal documents, like the PR card, CoPR, SIN you will have your name as it is written in your CoPR. For provincial documents, such as Health Card, Driving License etc. It will be as per the Provincial norms, which differs from province to province.

Reactions: thomman

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for you valuable reply.
How much time it will take to be added my document in my file after submitting through CSE .
And what do you think They will extend my limit? As I have a genuine reason.

I see no reason why they should not. As regards the time, it can be 3- 7 weeks.