17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a ton @legalfalcon.
And just one more query. Have been seeing my BGC as Not Applicable since always and have not seen it as IN PROGRESS. What's your opinion? Have I cleared my first stage ie the stage in which all my submitted documents have been checked and found correct and in order?
For eg my proof of funds , ielts, wes documents etc have been found to be correct ?????
Thanks again for your help!

Usually the BGC is the last stage and starts after eligibility. Unfortunately, the MyCIC status update does not accurately which stage your application is at. To read on different stages read - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Also to check accurately you should considering getting GCMS notes. They accurately show where your application is along with the notes and helps you know if there is anything wrong or concerns. At this stage, I believe your application is progressing well.

Reactions: ankagni

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
One more thing :

I wanted to add LOE and wanted to explain following things in that.

1) My company's name got changed from "XYZ services Pvt Ltd" to "XYZ solutions Pvt Ltd".
This is written in the footer of the experience letter which I got from my company. I was skeptic whether they will pay attention to that or not , that's why wanted to inlucde in the LOE myself.

If its mentioned in the footer, there is no need for a LoE, but if you would like to add one, there is no harm.

2) I have 2accounts.One Salary and One saving.
Last few months I have made few transactions from my Salary account to Savings account. Do I need to tell this in the LOE. I wanted to tell this in the LOE.

Not required. All you need is to meet the 6 months average balance and meet the minimum fund requirement.

IRCC states:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

• The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

I HAVE HEARD THAT ONE SHOULD AVOID INCLUDING THINGS IN THE LOE UNLESS It's REALLY URGENT AND NEEDED , OTHERWISE THEY DO A VERY STRONG SCRUTINY.IS THIS CORRECT.WHAT SHALL I DO

NO. Not sure where you are getting this inaccurate and completely wrong information. You should include LOE for any explanation that is required. Some applicants have a LOE for every document, which is foolish. And even if you include LOE it is to help the officer to understand if there is a document missing, or to explain a document. If you add a LoE which makes no sense, it will just be ignored.

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017

Humblemoi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I have received my ordered which was requested for on the 13th July and generated on 4th August and received 11th August, 2017.

AOR - 7th April
Stream - PNPOutland
Visa Office - London

Paper file:
Application number: #######

Application Assignment:
Asigned to: #####
Assigned by: #####
Due Date: 23rd June

Assessment:
PNP status: Accepted - updated 7th April
Eligibility: Passed - updated: 24th May
Security:
Criminality: Passed - updated 24th May
Medical: Passed - requested 24th May (Passed 3rd June)

one page has s.15(1)
Field name: Security Field name: Eligibility Field name: Criminality Field name: Medical
Action: Updated Action: Updated Action: Updated Action: Updated
Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: In Progress
**Blank** New Value: Passed New Value: Passed New Value: Passed

Officer's initial assessment: Sched 4 provided. Fund $13k. Civil/I.D docs appear in order. Applicant(s) has/have not identified any qualifying dependents for examination. Note: Should additional dependants be sponsorsed at a later date they will be excluded as per R117(9)(d). Clear PCCs provided. Test result overall, Band 7.0 ......pls reqst: meds.

My GC key account are showing below information:
1. Application status:We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
2. Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
3. Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
4. Review of additional documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application.We will send you a message with more details
5. Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this change.
6. Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
7.Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: 4. Review of additional documents: [Previously - 2 days ago] We do not need additional documents.

Kindly help me understand this, especially the bold

Thank you

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hello legal falcon,
I am in the process of gathering documentation to submit my application for PR.
In the process, I got a question.

1. My father sent me amount required for my funds and also made a gift deed with 2 witnesses in India. I am living in USA. I received money through wire transfer. My father notarized the gift deed in India.

My question here is, do I need to sign before notary person and get the gift deed notarized again as I am signing in USA but not in India , where the gift deed was made or is it ok for me to sign and upload the gift deed?

My father notarized the gift deed in India and sent it to me, so do I need to notarize again when i am signing ?

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
@legalfalcon
I am using my spouse accounts for funds so do I still need to provide any financial documents for my accounts/credit cards as a primary applicant?

Is submitting birth certificates for primary and accompanying applicants mandated in express entry or not? (No kids)

Thnx

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Hi, @legalfalcon

My sister ordered a GCMS notes for me on 17th July but now she has received a letter stating:

The consents provided are not valid because they contain an electronic signature, but no audit log confirming the origin of the applicants’ signatures has been provided. I emailed her mine and my wife's consent form and the signature was electronic.

Therefore, a new consent and an audit log confirming the origin of the applicants’ signatures are required in order for us to process your request. If you are unable to provide us with an audit log, please provide a consent containing a pen signature. I don't understand the audit log thing but as per the last sentence I can just print, sign physically and scan it right?

Will this delay the notes?

Thanking you

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Thank you so much, I have ordered a new PCC for France and will be able to submit it as CSE by end of this week, together with an LOE. Hopefully it won't be too late.

However, I just called Singapore Police Force and they said they will only give me a PCC for the period of time I worked in Singapore (2011-August 2016). I have a visit in Singapore in April 2017 but this was as a tourist. I asked them to extend the period of stay that appears on the PCC, up to April 2017 (my last visit in Singapore) but they rejected.

Would that be OK if I submit the PCC they provided me an explain this in a LOE?

Charldr

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @legalfalcon

Is there a way in which one can extend the landing date specified on the visa and COPR?

Is one able to do another medical in order to extend the the landing date?

kini2529

Apr 20, 2017
Calling won't help, you need to make a written request via email. If you have changed your address, then you should send notification for change in address and your LVO is changed. I am not sure if you have received the PPR, or expecting one and doing this in anticipation.

You can only change your address on file when you actually, not in anticipation. And when you receive PPR, you will have enough time to get this done,
Hi LegalFalcon,

I think there is confusion here. Please correct me if wrong.

I have already received the PPR and my husband - who is listed as my dependent - is expected to travel to the US shortly and he will need his passport on him till 16th Sept. We shall miss the PPR deadline by then. We have already emailed CPC Ottawa with all therelevant business documents, but I was wondering if we should call them too? Do they entertain/escalate PPR deadline extension requests over the phone?

Please let meknow if you need more details.
Thanks, Kini

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have received my ordered which was requested for on the 13th July and generated on 4th August and received 11th August, 2017.

AOR - 7th April
Stream - PNPOutland
Visa Office - London

Paper file:
Application number: #######

Application Assignment:
Asigned to: #####
Assigned by: #####
Due Date: 23rd June

Due date has no significance as most applications see
movement before that some see none even after that.

Assessment:
PNP status: Accepted - updated 7th April
Eligibility: Passed - updated: 24th May
Security:
Criminality: Passed - updated 24th May
Medical: Passed - requested 24th May (Passed 3rd June)

one page has s.15(1)
Field name: Security Field name: Eligibility Field name: Criminality Field name: Medical
Action: Updated Action: Updated Action: Updated Action: Updated
Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: In Progress
**Blank** New Value: Passed New Value: Passed New Value: Passed

Your BGC or security is in progress is you see s15. To read more on s 15 / 16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Officer's initial assessment: Sched 4 provided. Fund $13k. Civil/I.D docs appear in order. Applicant(s) has/have not identified any qualifying dependents for examination. Note: Should additional dependants be sponsorsed at a later date they will be excluded as per R117(9)(d). Clear PCCs provided. Test result overall, Band 7.0 ......pls reqst: meds.

Your application does not list any children or dependents, so you have no dependents and you cannot claim any later.

My GC key account are showing below information:
1. Application status:We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
2. Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
3. Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
4. Review of additional documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application.We will send you a message with more details
5. Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this change.
6. Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
7.Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: 4. Review of additional documents: [Previously - 2 days ago] We do not need additional documents.

The MyCIC status updates are not very accurate and do not correspond to which stage your application is at. Instead GCMS notes give more clarity.

Kindly help me understand this, especially the bold

Thank you

Reactions: Humblemoi

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legal falcon,
I am in the process of gathering documentation to submit my application for PR.
In the process, I got a question.

1. My father sent me amount required for my funds and also made a gift deed with 2 witnesses in India. I am living in USA. I received money through wire transfer. My father notarized the gift deed in India.

My question here is, do I need to sign before notary person and get the gift deed notarized again as I am signing in USA but not in India , where the gift deed was made or is it ok for me to sign and upload the gift deed?

My father notarized the gift deed in India and sent it to me, so do I need to notarize again when i am signing ?
Under the Indian law, a gift deed by itself is a legal instrument which is notarized and on a stamp paper. Why would one legal document need an affirmation through an affidavit (another legal instrument).

As per the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (the law in India which governs transfer of movable and immovable property) in Chapter VII (which deals with Gifts) Section 123 clearly states:

123. Transfer how effected

For the purpose of making a gift of immovable property, the transfer must be effected by a registered instrument signed by or on behalf of the donor, and attested by at least two witnesses.

For the purpose of making a gift of movable property, the transfer may be effected either by a registered instrument signed as aforesaid or by delivery.

Such delivery may be made in the same way as goods sold may be delivered.

So in effect, there is no requirement for a written instrument. However, to show evidence of the gift to IRCC, a written instrument is required.

A gift deed or an affidavit is sufficient, as both, the stamp paper and the gift deed are executed on a Rs. 100 stamp paper, and the stamp paper is registered in the name of the person who is executing the document, i.e. the donor.

Further, section 122 defines a gift and lays down the requirement for how the gift is made:

122. "Gift" defined

"Gift" is the transfer of certain existing movable or immovable property made voluntarily and without consideration, by one person, called the donor, to another, called the donee, and accepted by or on behalf of the donee.

Acceptance when to be made-Such acceptance must be made during the lifetime of the donor and while he is still capable of giving.

If the donee dies before acceptance, the gift is void.

The basic requirements that you need to show in a gift deed are:

a. The transfer should be made voluntarily;
b. without consideration (no expectation of money or other favours); and
c . an acceptance by the donee.

The acceptance can be by signature, or by a physical transfer of funds, which happened in your case and you received the money. So if you have a place to sign on the gift deed, then just sign it, if there is no place for your to sign then you can just include the wire transfer details, or show the bank statement.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I am using my spouse accounts for funds so do I still need to provide any financial documents for my accounts/credit cards as a primary applicant?

Is submitting birth certificates for primary and accompanying applicants mandated in express entry or not? (No kids)

Thnx
IRCC states -
Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

If you do not have a CC debt there is no need to and if all the funds are in your spouses, no need to show your account details. However, since you are showing funds through your spouses, you will need an affidavit from your spouse affirming that he/she has no objection in using the funds in his/her accounts for settlement, and if used will not seek anything back.

Further, your spouse should be accompanying.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, @legalfalcon

My sister ordered a GCMS notes for me on 17th July but now she has received a letter stating:

The consents provided are not valid because they contain an electronic signature, but no audit log confirming the origin of the applicants’ signatures has been provided. I emailed her mine and my wife's consent form and the signature was electronic.

Therefore, a new consent and an audit log confirming the origin of the applicants’ signatures are required in order for us to process your request. If you are unable to provide us with an audit log, please provide a consent containing a pen signature. I don't understand the audit log thing but as per the last sentence I can just print, sign physically and scan it right?

Will this delay the notes?

Thanking you
This is because you signed the consent form online as in on a computer using a software like Acrobat PDF or Preview on Mac. Just gat a new consent form fill it, take a print, sign it with pen and send it again.

When you electronically sign a document, you are issued a key, and an audit log from there that is verified, but I doubt that is the case, so just follows the above.

For details read - https://www.signix.com/blog/bid/109963/The-Anatomy-of-An-Audit-Trail-A-Guide-to-Digital-Signature-Evidence