Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much, I have ordered a new PCC for France and will be able to submit it as CSE by end of this week, together with an LOE. Hopefully it won't be too late.

However, I just called Singapore Police Force and they said they will only give me a PCC for the period of time I worked in Singapore (2011-August 2016). I have a visit in Singapore in April 2017 but this was as a tourist. I asked them to extend the period of stay that appears on the PCC, up to April 2017 (my last visit in Singapore) but they rejected.

Would that be OK if I submit the PCC they provided me an explain this in a LOE?
YEs, just explain it in LoE and you will be fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Is there a way in which one can extend the landing date specified on the visa and COPR?

Is one able to do another medical in order to extend the the landing date?
You can definitely ask IRCC for an extension, which is given on case to case basis. If give, the medicals are extended for some applicants, which is discretionary.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon,

I think there is confusion here. Please correct me if wrong.

I have already received the PPR and my husband - who is listed as my dependent - is expected to travel to the US shortly and he will need his passport on him till 16th Sept. We shall miss the PPR deadline by then. We have already emailed CPC Ottawa with all therelevant business documents, but I was wondering if we should call them too? Do they entertain/escalate PPR deadline extension requests over the phone?

Please let meknow if you need more details.
Thanks, Kini
Sorry, I did not understand your questions earlier. If you have informed IRCC, they will respond back. You can definitely call and ask for the status of your request. When you call, you talk to a call centre representative who has no authority over your request, but they make a notes for the reviewing officer. On rare occasions some IRCC officers do take calls, which makes things faster.

No harm in calling.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Followup to above answer. How is the request for change of visa office made? CSE webform or some other means?
If you make a change of address while your application is in progress use - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp Your LVO is based on where you live and your country of residence.

If you made a change in address or request change of LVO after you get LVO, you can email IRCC on the email in your PPR.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Under the Indian law, a gift deed by itself is a legal instrument which is notarized and on a stamp paper. Why would one legal document need an affirmation through an affidavit (another legal instrument).

As per the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (the law in India which governs transfer of movable and immovable property) in Chapter VII (which deals with Gifts) Section 123 clearly states:

123. Transfer how effected

For the purpose of making a gift of immovable property, the transfer must be effected by a registered instrument signed by or on behalf of the donor, and attested by at least two witnesses.

For the purpose of making a gift of movable property, the transfer may be effected either by a registered instrument signed as aforesaid or by delivery.

Such delivery may be made in the same way as goods sold may be delivered.

So in effect, there is no requirement for a written instrument. However, to show evidence of the gift to IRCC, a written instrument is required.

A gift deed or an affidavit is sufficient, as both, the stamp paper and the gift deed are executed on a Rs. 100 stamp paper, and the stamp paper is registered in the name of the person who is executing the document, i.e. the donor.

Further, section 122 defines a gift and lays down the requirement for how the gift is made:

122. "Gift" defined

"Gift" is the transfer of certain existing movable or immovable property made voluntarily and without consideration, by one person, called the donor, to another, called the donee, and accepted by or on behalf of the donee.

Acceptance when to be made-Such acceptance must be made during the lifetime of the donor and while he is still capable of giving.

If the donee dies before acceptance, the gift is void.

The basic requirements that you need to show in a gift deed are:

a. The transfer should be made voluntarily;
b. without consideration (no expectation of money or other favours); and
c . an acceptance by the donee.

The acceptance can be by signature, or by a physical transfer of funds, which happened in your case and you received the money. So if you have a place to sign on the gift deed, then just sign it, if there is no place for your to sign then you can just include the wire transfer details, or show the bank statement.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Thank you very much for great detailed explanation on gift deed.!!!

Humblemoi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Thank you @legalfalcon, does my GCMS note imply i'm closer to the end or are there next steps after security screening? Thank you for the clarification so far

Re - Post no. #2920

Last edited:

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Hi there legalfalcon, sorry if this query has been asked before. Needed some suggestion regarding PCC.

I live in city A and I went to work at city B. Where city B is at an hour's drive from A. I traveled daily from A to B and back. Now do I have to get PCC from both cities or will only PCC from city A suffice? Furthermore, on my National Identity Document, my temporary and permanent address are both of city A. And I can't apply for a PCC for any city other than the one mentioned in my Identity Document. I felt concerned because in the personal activity details I mentioned place of my work as city B. How do I tackle this?

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
Hi

I have a problem, while I was waiting for my PR card I had to come back to India and when I went today to Chandigarh to apply for PRTD they said it takes them approximately 30 days to process the request but I have to be back by 25th august 2017 what are my other options for travelling back to Canada if i don’t get PRTD issued i do have my valid visa stamp that has not been crossed out.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello legalfalcon, regarding PoF, besides the letter with all the details, do we need to show statements for all the 6 months with all transactions? Can this be just print outs or does it have to be issued by the bank on a letter head?

Slash12

Jul 6, 2017
Hello legalfalcon, i have some questions regarfing my eapr that i hope you will help me with.

1. Do i have to mention the internships that were part of my scholarship program? If it's the case, in wich sub category do i have to add them? Educational activity or job?

2.do i have to declare all the expired passeports or just the valid one?

3.my wife didn't finish her first year at the university. Do we have to mention it or declare just the finished programs?

Thank you in advance

kini2529

Apr 20, 2017
Sorry, I did not understand your questions earlier. If you have informed IRCC, they will respond back. You can definitely call and ask for the status of your request. When you call, you talk to a call centre representative who has no authority over your request, but they make a notes for the reviewing officer. On rare occasions some IRCC officers do take calls, which makes things faster.

No harm in calling.
Thank you so much!

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Does affidavit has to be done through a lawyer or he can sign a regular letter stating that he does not object that I can notarize? Or he can notarize?

Also is the birth certificate for myself and my spouse required by express entry?

IRCC states -
Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card denbts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

If you do not have a CC debt there is no need to and if all the funds are in your spouses, no need to show your account details. However, since you are showing funds through your spouses, you will need an affidavit from your spouse affirming that he/she has no objection in using the funds in his/her accounts for settlement, and if used will not seek anything back.

Further, your spouse should be accompanying.
affidavit

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Here last 'lived' includes visit. So your PCC should have been issued after you visited the country. This is because the PCC will acknowledge that there is no criminal record against you, and since you have not visited the country, you cannot commit a crime there.

If you have already filed the application, you can get a new PCC and send it via CSE and an updated document, or wait for IRCC to send you a ADR if they do need a new PCC.
It can be complicated.

I did not include a Singapore PCC at the time of AOR, because presumably it could be done only with a request sent by the IRCC after they had started review the application.

Then I tried to get it using the ITA. It worked and I submitted it via CSE.

A week after that I left Singapore and moved to Canada, and got an ADR requesting a Singapore PCC. I re-submitted the PCC that I had already sent via CSE.

A week or two after that, I got a message that my CSE had been processed and the document that I had uploaded (i.e. the Singapore PCC) had been added to my profile.

So what happened was that IRCC received my Singapore PCC when I was still in Singapore, but had not added it to my profile before they sent me the ADR for the same Singapore PCC, by which time I had already moved to Canada.

I guess one could argue both ways whether I need to get a new PCC from Singapore. I've decided not to pay the extra money to get a new one. The worst-case scenario is that my application gets rejected and I'll just apply again.

Last edited: