Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Regarding the PCC for countries where you lived in the past, IRCC say:
  • "have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."
To me, it refers to the residence and not visit?

I am French, my PCC was issued last May but I visited France for holidays in June. I do not reside in France anymore since 2011.

I read some people saying that the PCC should be issued after the last "visit"? If this is true, I am in troubles since submitted AOR yesterday. What do you think?
Here last 'lived' includes visit. So your PCC should have been issued after you visited the country. This is because the PCC will acknowledge that there is no criminal record against you, and since you have not visited the country, you cannot commit a crime there.

If you have already filed the application, you can get a new PCC and send it via CSE and an updated document, or wait for IRCC to send you a ADR if they do need a new PCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I would appreciate your opinion on this:

I was a PhD student at some university in Canada since 9/2012. I started an Internship (full-time and paid) in USA 1/2016 while writing and submitting my thesis. I went back to Canada for one week to defend my thesis in 1/2017. I maintained a student status at the university for the whole period 9/2012-1/2017. The question is, would my work experience in USA (1/2016-present) count as work experience? One one hand I was on a student visa in Canada, but on the other hand I was physically in USA and employed in that different country.
While your work experience outside Canada is counted, however it cannot be an internship, whether paid or not. So if it was an internship, you cannot use it towards the work experience.

Also, if you were in a student status, and the internship was a part of your program, you cannot use it to meet the work experience requirement.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What if I am not able to submit my passport in that time ?

Can I submit at any VFS?
You will need to send an request to change your LVO to the place where you can submit your passport.

pharmacist25

Aug 10, 2017
ALBERTA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
The IRCC website calculates by months and years, so this creates an issue. Most likely it should not impact you, but it is an applicant's responsibility to ensure that they have met the minimum eligibility requirements. Track your application and see if you have passed eligibility, that is where this will be checked.
Thank You @legalfalcon for your kind reply. I am going to follow your instructions. As there is no update on my profile yet, not even the medical is cleared, Did you mean i should call them and inquire about my eligibility or there is any other way?

Thank You

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
The MyCIC status do not show which stage you are at. Although if you are in IP2 your are pretty much done, but some applicants have seen that their eligibility is not passed even when they are in IP2. Instead you should see what stage you have passed. To see the different stages of an application see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

As regards the IP1 & IP2, @Kiran K is more precise in predicting.

I would suggest that if you are concerned, order GCMS notes and that is the best way to conclusively know where your file is.
Thank you @legalfalcon . I did order GCMS from getgcms but they won't be available until after the 16th of August (as I ordered them July 16th). But when i did order them my additional document status was still at "we are reviewing the additional documents provided".

@Kiran K , your help is much appreciated as always :) now that my additional documents review changed to "we do not require any additional documents" does that mean I'm at NA2? And is that the stage my file will be dispatched to LVO? Is Na2 also the stage my eligibility is already passed? Thanks :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank You @legalfalcon for your kind reply. I am going to follow your instructions. As there is no update on my profile yet, not even the medical is cleared, Did you mean i should call them and inquire about my eligibility or there is any other way?

Thank You
CEC is very slow and it is taking forever to even start processing. You should definitely call and email to enquire the status, you can also consider ordering GCMS notes, which provides a greater insight into your application. You can read more on GCMS here - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/gcms-notes-look-like-order/

Reactions: pharmacist25

masumah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Thank u so much for ur reply! I hope everything goes smooth after submission of schedule A..
However i would like to add that i did figure out a way to view the submitted forms from a thread on this forum. It was very helpful
Even if the dates are not the same, it won't matter as long as they are close enough. The whole purpose of Schedule A is to document everything in detail and fill any gaps that may exist.

The only way of getting the copy of your file is by requesting it under the Access to Information Act. If you are in Canada, or know someone who can do it, you can apply, or else you can get one from GET GCMS, by ordering GCMS+ (https://www.getgcms.com/order-now)

However, it will take at least 30 days before you will get it and your submission date is much before that. So I will recommend that go ahead and fill the Schedule A with the best of your knowledge and don't leave any gaps.

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
You will need to send an request to change your LVO to the place where you can submit your passport.
Hi

Sorry but i din quite understand. My country of residence is qatar. Visa office near me is abudhabi. Due to certain problems i wont be submitting at abudhabi. Can i submit my passport in a visa office in india?or is it mandatory to be submitted at the visa office near me ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank u so much for ur reply! I hope everything goes smooth after submission of schedule A..
However i would like to add that i did figure out a way to view the submitted forms from a thread on this forum. It was very helpful
You can log back to the MyCIC and see your submitted form, I add that to my post, but I guess you replied before I added it. Sorry for the confusion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi

Sorry but i din quite understand. My country of residence is qatar. Visa office near me is abudhabi. Due to certain problems i wont be submitting at abudhabi. Can i submit my passport in a visa office in india?or is it mandatory to be submitted at the visa office near me ?
When your application is approved, you will be asked to the Local visa office in your country of residence. The instructions will give you the process for the same. However, if you cannot submit to the visa office, you can request to change the visa office which is convenient for you. In you case that would be Delhi. IRCC gets these requests all the time and do it pretty quick. However, you cannot send your passport to a new visa office before the change has been permitted.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon for your response. The internship is not a part of the study program.
If you graduated then your experience will be counted

The OP 25A manual states:

Applicants must have 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months preceding the date on which their application is received.
Any period of employment during which the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g. work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits). [R87.1(3)(a)]. Officers should verify the work permit information in GCMS.

Any periods of self-employment or unauthorized work will not be included in calculating the period of work experience [R87.1(3)(b)]. A person who has worked in Canada without authorization has failed to comply with A30(1), and on that basis could be found inadmissible under A41.
The applicant does not have to be employed at the time of application, but they must have held temporary resident status during the period of qualifying work experience acquired in Canada [R87.1(3)(c)].

I would presume that you are applying under the CEC and the instructions above are clear. However, if you would have been a student outside Canada, then yes, you could have counted the work experience you gained while studying towards the work experience.

I hope this helps and makes it clear.

doctor28

Mar 20, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
You should get another set of GCMS notes and see if the review has been done. If there is no change, then you should immediately raise CSE.
M close to 6 months mark and GCMs notes will take 30 days. M afraid if they will reject my file before I raise CSE. N CSE itself has 30 days response time. Very confused

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Here last 'lived' includes visit. So your PCC should have been issued after you visited the country. This is because the PCC will acknowledge that there is no criminal record against you, and since you have not visited the country, you cannot commit a crime there.

If you have already filed the application, you can get a new PCC and send it via CSE and an updated document, or wait for IRCC to send you a ADR if they do need a new PCC.
Thank you for the reply. Their website page is not clear in this case..
Do you think I better wait for my new police certificate to arrive and submit it as CSE or just withdraw my application and re-enter the pool again ASAP?

*edit: I also resided in Singapore from 2011 up to August 2016. I visited as a tourist in April 2017. Singapore PCC mentions a "period of stay", which I input online as "2011 to 1st August 2016". Does the tourist visit also needs to be mentioned?

Last edited:

kini2529

Apr 20, 2017
If you have requested for an extension, it will be provided. They usually take 1-2 weeks to respond back, but this is not at all an issue.
Thank you! Is it a good idea to call them immediately, for safety? I am sorry, but we are in full panic mode right now :(.

We were planning to call Ottawa as well as the High Commision of Canada at New Delhi India.

RahulSinena

Jun 10, 2017
Hello LegalFalcon,

I again need your kind advice on the below point :

My father has a different name in his documents (Like in his passports and other official documents).
And in my docs, I have a slightly different fathers name.

Example

Fathers Name (In his passport and all docs): Ravi Kumar Goswami
Fathers name (In my passport and all other docs): Ravi Kumar
I use Goswami with my Name as well, like : Chirag Kumar Goswami

1) Now ,on Deed of Gift and Affidavit which I got from my father,we have mentioned both my fathers name using alias (Ravi Kumar Goswami alias Ravi Kumar ) . is this fine ? Or I need any other piece of document in support for this.

2) In my EE profile, I have mentioned fathers name which is there as in all my documents .Is this fine?

It would be really kind if you can help me with this.

financeguy

Jun 14, 2015
Dear Legalfalcon, can you please help me clarify this:
1. I have received PCC which mentions from 2001 till date. it does not mention the specific date eg. 1.1.2001. They said this is our format, we only mention year. it is issued in Pakistan, my country of origin. Will there be any problem or it is acceptable.
2. Can i change my NOC at e-APR stage, one i mentioned in EE needs to be changed.
3. I live out of country of origin, do I need to submit resident card for my country of residence ?
Thanks in advance.