Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for answering all our questions, both silly and meaningful.
One last question please, When your PPR is sent or your application is approved..
What does your CIC page state? Does it look like this? or something changes?

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
You passed the medical exam
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed
You do not need an interview
We do need your fingerprints
We are processing your Background check

Are there changes to this status, if application is approved?
The application is approved after you send your passport for visa stamping and a CoPR is issued to you. Until then the MyCIC page will remain the same. Once your send the passport and the visa issued, the status of the page will change.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I have submitted my and my family's passport to NDVO for visa stamping after PPR. Can you please let us know what is the procedure ahead i.e. what all documents would we get from CIC (eg. im not aware what is COPR etc) and what would be the process at the time of immigration when we land? Thanks for your help!

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi legalfalcon, one more question, I read in the posts that we might have to show proof of funds at the time of landing. Are Indian bank account certificate and statements that we submitted at the time of ITA (and also an updated one) is sufficient to prove the funds?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I have submitted my and my family's passport to NDVO for visa stamping after PPR. Can you please let us know what is the procedure ahead i.e. what all documents would we get from CIC (eg. im not aware what is COPR etc) and what would be the process at the time of immigration when we land? Thanks for your help!
When you send you passport, you will be issued a visa on it, and you will get a COPR which will look like this:

http://www.waheedahmad.com/pics/IMG_0453.JPG

When you land in Canada, you will be asked to show the passport and the COPR. You will have to land before the visa expiry date in your visa.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon, one more question, I read in the posts that we might have to show proof of funds at the time of landing. Are Indian bank account certificate and statements that we submitted at the time of ITA (and also an updated one) is sufficient to prove the funds?
Yes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@Malowpit I got your message, but I cannot reply as either your mailbox is full or not accepting reply. Either way, you can post your question on this thread.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
When you send you passport, you will be issued a visa on it, and you will get a COPR which will look like this:

http://www.waheedahmad.com/pics/IMG_0453.JPG

When you land in Canada, you will be asked to show the passport and the COPR. You will have to land before the visa expiry date in your visa.
Thank you very much! How would this COPR be issued? Given to me alongwith passport or comes on email from CIC?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much! How would this COPR be issued? Given to me alongwith passport or comes on email from CIC?
It will come along with your passport.

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,
I uploaded additional documents on 20th July, and below you can see my status which hasn't changed one bit since that day:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

My visa office is CIO Sydney. Could this be a possible technical glitch, or are they really taking this long to even check my submitted ADR? I'm starting to get a little worried,

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,
I uploaded additional documents on 20th July, and below you can see my status which hasn't changed one bit since that day:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

My visa office is CIO Sydney. Could this be a possible technical glitch, or are they really taking this long to even check my submitted ADR? I'm starting to get a little worried,

Thanks!

Your AoR is 16th May and you got a ADR on 20 July. So by that standard, you should have been through the completeness check, and with you document in, your file should now move to eligibility. However, it can take 2-3 weeks before your documents are actually added to your file and you see a change in status.

Unfortunately, MyCIC is not a very accurate way of knowing which stage your application has reached, and what the agents have to say about your file. Instead you should order GCMS notes to keep a track of which stage your application is.

To see the different stages which an application has to go through see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

With your timeline, I don't thing there is anything to be concerned about. Just have patience and wait it out and soon you will see progress. If you do order GCMS, see what is the status with your eligibility, and if you have any GCMS related questions, feel free to post it on the GCMS thread.

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
Your AoR is 16th May and you got a ADR on 20 July. So by that standard, you should have been through the completeness check, and with you document in, your file should now move to eligibility. However, it can take 2-3 weeks before your documents are actually added to your file and you see a change in status.

Unfortunately, MyCIC is not a very accurate way of knowing which stage your application has reached, and what the agents have to say about your file. Instead you should order GCMS notes to keep a track of which stage your application is.

To see the different stages which an application has to go through see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

With your timeline, I don't thing there is anything to be concerned about. Just have patience and wait it out and soon you will see progress. If you do order GCMS, see what is the status with your eligibility, and if you have any GCMS related questions, feel free to post it on the GCMS thread.
Hey legalfalcon,

Thanks for your response. Sorry that I wasn't clear, I meant I uploaded the additional requested document on 20th July, the request itself was made on 28th June. So It took me about 20 days to get the document and then upload it. So since uploading the document the status hasn't changed.

So do you mean it could very well be a glitch? I hope so. I have already ordered GCMS notes, on 1st July. So hoping to get them soon enough.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey legalfalcon,

Thanks for your response. Sorry that I wasn't clear, I meant I uploaded the additional requested document on 20th July, the request itself was made on 28th June. So It took me about 20 days to get the document and then upload it. So since uploading the document the status hasn't changed.

So do you mean it could very well be a glitch? I hope so. I have already ordered GCMS notes, on 1st July. So hoping to get them soon enough.
I know you uploaded the document on July 20. It takes 1-3 weeks for it to be added to your file and only then will your status change. Nothing to worry.

If you ordered your notes on July 1, you should have them by the end of the month. But I don't think you will see eligibility started since you uploaded your documents on July 20. You may be better off ordering another set after you get the first one to be on the safer side.

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
I know you uploaded the document on July 20. It takes 1-3 weeks for it to be added to your file and only then will your status change. Nothing to worry.

If you ordered your notes on July 1, you should have them by the end of the month. But I don't think you will see eligibility started since you uploaded your documents on July 20. You may be better off ordering another set after you get the first one to be on the safer side.
Good to know, thank you so much!
I'll order another set of notes after the first one, definitely.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have one doubt about PCC. I lived in my native country in two different cities. One is my birth place and other where I studied and did job for 10 years. I have PCC for my birth city as my Native address is there on every document. Question is, Do I need to take PCC for the other city where I worked keeping in mind I do not have any document having that city address, even I am not claiming points for the experience gained in this city.

Currently I am in Middle east, I will take one PCC from here and one from my native country or two from my native country?

Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have one doubt about PCC. I lived in my native country in two different cities. One is my birth place and other where I studied and did job for 10 years. I have PCC for my birth city as my Native address is there on every document. Question is, Do I need to take PCC for the other city where I worked keeping in mind I do not have any document having that city address, even I am not claiming points for the experience gained in this city.

Currently I am in Middle east, I will take one PCC from here and one from my native country or two from my native country?

Thanks in advance.
This will depend on your country, whether they give you pan country PCC or a city specific. If it is like US, where you get a country specific, you are good. If not, then you will need a PCC from every city you lived in.

Reactions: anwar01