+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Just ignore it for now. When you have your application under process, they will issue you one and then you can see whether it is the same. Please let me know if it is the same.
Noted, I guess I have no other choice than ignoring it anyway since they can't find me in their system.

Thanks a lot, I'll put a reminder for later to keep you updated.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Affidavit of the translator:

AFFIDAVIT

I, [NAME OF TRANSLATOR], Son of, Mr. [•], resident of [•], and enrolled as an [Advocate with the Bar Council of xxxx / a certified translator], enrolment number [•], do solemnly affirm and declare that:

1. I am fluent in English and [language the original document is in] languages, and can read, write and understand the same.

2. The certified copy of the original “[Type of document - Birth certificate etc.]” of [NAME OF APPLICANT], which was issued by the [ISSUING AUTHORITY], dated [DATE ON WHICH IT WAS ISSUED], is attached hereto and marked as Exhibit “A.”

3. I have prepared the translation from [language the original document is in} to English of the “[Type of document - Birth certificate etc.]” and the translated document in English is attached along with as Exhibit “B.”

4. The Attached document, which is marked as Exhibit “B,” in all respects, is a true and correct translation from [language the original document is in} into English.

5. I affirm and declare that the contents of the translated document marked as Exhibit “B” are the same as the contents of the document marked as Exhibit “A” written in the Hindi language.

6. I make this Affidavit for the purpose of declaring that the ENGLISH translation marked as Exhibit “B”, is a faithful translation from the [language the original document is in] language.

DEPONENT

Date: [•]

VERIFICATION

Verified at [CITY], [STATE], [COUNTRY], on [DATE]. That the contents in the above affidavit is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No part of this affidavit is wrong and nothing material has been concealed therefrom.

DEPONENT

Please be advised that the above affidavit format is as per India. Your country may have a different format, so use that, but the content will more or less be the same. Make sure you make the exhibits property.
Dear legalfalcon:

I couldn't find any certified translators as such, so I went to a notary public, who himself translated the documents and the same notary public notarized the translated document and copy of the original. In addition, he also furnished an affidavit as a translator and himself notarized it also.

Do you think this could be an issue, as someone told me notary public cannot translate let alone notarizing own translation. Please advise, as I'm worried now. :( The idea of translator and notary public both as same is not striking me very right either.

xlw000

May 21, 2017
Legalfalcon, I scanned in my passport photo for my pr application, instead of submitting digital photo. Is this OK?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon:

I couldn't find any certified translators as such, so I went to a notary public, who himself translated the documents and the same notary public notarized the translated document and copy of the original. In addition, he also furnished an affidavit as a translator and himself notarized it also.

Do you think this could be an issue, as someone told me notary public cannot translate let alone notarizing own translation. Please advise, as I'm worried now. :( The idea of translator and notary public both as same is not striking me very right either.
You cannot self notarize. Notarization is the process where you go to the notary public and sign, he verifies that the person signed in his presence on the document.

One person cannot do all.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Legalfalcon, I scanned in my passport photo for my pr application, instead of submitting digital photo. Is this OK?
If the quality is good and resolution, it will work.

Reactions: xlw000

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
You cannot self notarize. Notarization is the process where you go to the notary public and sign, he verifies that the person signed in his presence on the document.

One person cannot do all.
So, if his assistant who actually translated on his behalf, writes the affidavit and then the notary public notarizes it, is that fine then?
And is it alright if he is not a certified translator? Its very hard to find certified translators here in my city.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
You only need pay stubs in you work in Canada. If you are outland, and applying under FSW, no need for pay stubs or IT returns.

IRCC states:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

However, see the online account prompts against the place where you have to upload the documents. IRCC does change thing, and I haven't check MYCIC in a while. So if the online account prompt asks for pay stubs, then only include it.
My online account asks for pay stubs along with reference letters. I'm FSW - Outland.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So, if his assistant who actually translated on his behalf, writes the affidavit and then the notary public notarizes it, is that fine then? YEs, it just can't be the same person.
And is it alright if he is not a certified translator? Its very hard to find certified translators here in my city.
Yes, he need not be a a certified translator.