+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
HI @legalfalcon, I have given a reference letter from my supervisor. He lives in US but has currently gone to India on vacation. So his number won't be reachable for several weeks from now. What will CIC do if they are unable to reach the supervisor? Will they email him? Will the background for employment turn negative in this case? I am asking this because my background status is background in progress. I have heard that people get calls around this time.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
HI @legalfalcon, I have given a reference letter from my supervisor. He lives in US but has currently gone to India on vacation. So his number won't be reachable for several weeks from now. What will CIC do if they are unable to reach the supervisor? Will they email him? Will the background for employment turn negative in this case? I am asking this because my background status is background in progress. I have heard that people get calls around this time.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Hi @legalfalcon. Do you know when does a EE PNP application moves to local visa office?

I found it weird after almost 4 months of AOR and no medical passed yet, IRCC told me my file is at visa office as a response to some CSE. Thanks.

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Not necessarily. In most application medicals are passed before, but since you had an additional document request, so most likely everything else in your file is complete. The BGC status on MyCIC change to IP, then to NA or Not Needed, the then again to IP. This is why it is not very accurate and you will have a better understanding of your file through the GCMS.
Thanks for d respone Legalfalcon. If everything is complete as u probably said, will my application be processed faster?
Also, I already have a UCI no. I thought it is supposed to come with medical passed message. At what stage are u supposed to have a UCI number.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

To begin with, I like to commend you on your selfless assistance you are providing to potential Canadians alike me, we are deeply obliged.

My query is as in under, I am a Federal Skills Worker (Outland) from India NOC 2161 (Actuary by profession), my AOR was 16th March with IP2 since 19th June, awaiting PPR. My file was transferred to the Local Visa Office which is New Delhi on 9th June.

1. Is IP2 a safe stage to consider that the application is approved pending a queue up for PPR (I have not received any employment verification to date, considering transfer to LVO has been a month now)\
2. I order for GCMS day before, would that have any impact on speeding up things
3. Is there any possibility of a rejection post reaching IP2 stage (Until now no additional documents were requested and everything moved smoothly, I even called up the call center they mentioned that my initial eligibility is met and another agent mentioned a month back that all eligibility is met pending a security clearance which I am sure will be met in due course)
4. I see later date AOR getting PPR which is giving me anxiety, and also the fact nowadays Indian applicants are being processed in Ottawa as well, is my transfer to Local Visa Office (New Delhi), detrimental to my chance of obtaining a PR (as I would rate 80% being processed in Ottawa and only 20% being transferred to Local Visa Office), are they being picked up for additional checks, if so then why haven't I had any employment verification which others have reported

Thank you

Warm regards

Shaikh Thaika
First of all this IP1 and IP2 business is mere speculation. Just because some applicants see the status changes, does not mean that it applies to all. So I do not go by what you see on MyCIC or how many times your BGC has changed, but by looking at GCMS noes and seeing if your R10, eligibility, criminality is complete, as they are the best indicators.

GCMS does not have any negative impact on the processing on the application, rather in some cases it helps move the application. This is because in some cases the BGC is completed and it is waiting to be updated on the file. When you apply for GCMS notes, an agent has to review your file before sending the notes to you, he will also update it. This is how it moved along, but not in all cases.

I don't go by IP1 or 2. If your eligibility is clear, the chances of rejection are next to zero, given that you will get through the BGC.

Application are processed in different offices based on work load distribution. People with a later date AoR getting PPR, does not mean that there is anything wrong with your application. Sending files to LVO does not mean additional check by itself, but for local knowledge, applications are sent to LVO. I won't read too much into it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Experts
I have a question regarding my application status .
AOR: 21-04-2017
Medical passed: 22-06-2017
Additional document requested: 22-06-2017 Sch A
Background check: changed to " your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." on 23-06-2017
Additional document was submitted on 27-06-2017
Background check changed to "Not Applicable" on 27-06-2017
It stayed like this ever since.
Would you please let me know on what stage i am and based on the current trend how long it will take for the application to enter the next step?

I don't go by speculation, based on what changes happen on you MyCIC. You shod order GCMS notes, as they are the only way to know. Some cases see status changes, but there are issues with an application and sent for additional review, which you may never know but based on MyCIC will see changes and speculate that the application is at stage 1 or 2.

Also an interesting thing happens when the medical passed on 22-06-2017. My wife's WES certificate says that she has two or more degrees and diplomas which for the dependent applicant is equal to 9 points. However, the transcripts that she has doesn't support the requested duration as she transferred some of the credits from another university to the university that she finished her degree and she doesn't have any certificates or document to show the duration from that university. This led us to not opt for two or more degrees as only get 8 points for her education( at the time we applied you had to select the " two or more degrees" for all the education periods that you had so that the system could consider your additional point for more than one degree). This led us to have a total CRS point of 456 and we got the ITA with a cut-off score of 453. The next day after the medical passed I went to that section of my profile where I could see a summary of the programs I am eligible for and the breakdown of the point I got, it was then when I noticed that my score has changed to 457 and my wife's education point to 9. What does that mean? does it mean that out eligibility was assessed and they have modified my profile accordingly?
I really appreciate your analysis on this.

Did this happen post ITA?
Thanks
V

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My questions are about passport page scans.

Should we submit canada study/work permit page scans with bio page/stamped pages? I wanted to ask that because they are additional pages and not stamped on the passport itself but most of the time they just attach it to your passport.

For the bio and stamped page scans, should we just scan the exact page or is it OK to scan the next/related page even it is blank. I think latter way it will be quicker to scan passports since I will just put whole passport into the middle of scan screen :)

Thanks in advance!
You should provide the scan of all the pages, even if they are blank.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My questions are about passport page scans.

Should we submit canada study/work permit page scans with bio page/stamped pages? I wanted to ask that because they are additional pages and not stamped on the passport itself but most of the time they just attach it to your passport.

For the bio and stamped page scans, should we just scan the exact page or is it OK to scan the next/related page even it is blank. I think latter way it will be quicker to scan passports since I will just put whole passport into the middle of scan screen :)

Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. Do you know when does a EE PNP application moves to local visa office?

I found it weird after almost 4 months of AOR and no medical passed yet, IRCC told me my file is at visa office as a response to some CSE. Thanks.
Usually after Eligibility, which takes place in 2 steps, after the first step the file is transferred to LVO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I've applied for Ontario PNP and hopefully I should receive my nomination soon.

I'm planning to get married in September :)

if I receive an ITA before that and also submit my e-APR then will I be able to add my spouse?

I've read that I should remain eligible for OINP if my spouse gets added then i should maintain 400+ and for IRCC there will not be any issue as they only consider your eligibility for FSW. Is this true?

Suppose if all this happens hopefully then what should be my steps of informing OINP & IRCC and would this be a good idea? will it delay my application for more than 2 months?

Thanks in advance :)
There are two ways you can get your spouse added to your application.

Before eAPR and post eAPR.

If you add your spouse before filing your application, your spouse's factors will impact your scores and the spouse will have to go through A11.2 (eligibility).

However, Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR. But if you are legally married before the e-APR and you don't add your spouse, that constitutes misrepresentation.

So check which stage you would like to add your spouse and accordingly things will work for you.

Reactions: mqamar1994

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Sir. Thanks a million for erasing all my doubts in relation to work experience. I don't think any other NOC other than 4033 matches my current occupation. I had thoughts about asking my HR to manage my reference letter with occupation that would match my educational qualification. I know its unethical, but now that i know, thanks to you, employment requirement is not mandatory i can confidently claim points for what i am doing. I will make sure to explain and elaborate my performed tasks cos i perform way more than suggested in the NOC classification page.

I have another major obstacle in the form of PoF. My parents recently bought multiple properties. Hence all our cash reserve including mine has been exhausted. I can mange only 10% of required fund from my current saving (monthly salary & PF). Hence i would require 90% to be gifted by my relative. Just found out that my brother-in-law in Spain cannot help me as he can only send 2000 euros every two months. So can my maternal uncle who just retired from govt job and received retirement benefit help me in this case or is it just the blood relative that can help me with funds? If my maternal uncle can help, would i need the following documents to support my claim:
My bank statement
My uncle's bank statement
Gift deed from my uncle
Affidavit from my uncle
My uncle's net worth

PS. My mom and dad has total net worth in excess of CAD 1 million (assets) in my rough estimation. Can i use them properties in anyway to help with PoF without selling any? Thanks a lot and have a great weekend :)

Kind Regards
Ramesh
Your maternal uncle can gift you funds as long as you have a gift deed which is properly executed. You only need the following:
Your back statement,
gift deed signed from your uncle

Assets that cannot be readily liquidated cannot be used for PoF, so you cannot use property as PoF.

Reactions: KingKurly

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
IRCC only contacts employers of very few applicants, that have red flags. If your case is one of those and the employer does not respond, there are other ways IRCC can investigate. This does not by itself turn out to be negative.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
IRCC only contacts employers of very few applicants, that have red flags. If your case is one of those and the employer does not respond, there are other ways IRCC can investigate. This does not by itself turn out to be negative.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
IRCC only contacts employers of very few applicants, that have red flags. If your case is one of those and the employer does not respond, there are other ways IRCC can investigate. This does not by itself turn out to be negative just because your employer did not respond to a call.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
There are two ways you can get your spouse added to your application.

Before eAPR and post eAPR.

If you add your spouse before filing your application, your spouse's factors will impact your scores and the spouse will have to go through A11.2 (eligibility).

However, Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR. But if you are legally married before the e-APR and you don't add your spouse, that constitutes misrepresentation.

So check which stage you would like to add your spouse and accordingly things will work for you.
Thank you so much :)

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi legalfalcon, sorry to interrupt, but I thought only the Bio-Pages and the pages that had stamps/some writings on the Passport should be scanned? Just wanted your thoughts on the same.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply Legalfalcon but I had a confusion now. I am an inland FSW applicant. Do I still need the scan all pages? I tho that was for PNP applicants.
Earlier, for the PP, only the biographical pages were needed, recently IRCC has been asking for all pages in the passport. So to be on the safer side its better that you send all pages.