+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi,
My ITA date is May 17, 2017.
ePR deadline is August 16, 2017

All my documents are ready except Police clearance certificate.
The problem here is -
My minor dependant son's passport will expire on January 02, 2018.
I read somewhere that the passports have to have a clear validity of 6 months when submitting ePR. Considering this, I should file my ePR before June 02, 2017 (6 months passport validity clause).
This will be possible only if I receive my PCC in the next 2 days which seems very unlikely.

Therefore, the way out is to renew my child's passport. Getting the new passport before August 15, 2017 seems unlikely as the next appointment date at passport office is almost 4 weeks from now.

Please suggest the best way out of this!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
My ITA date is May 17, 2017.
ePR deadline is August 16, 2017

All my documents are ready except Police clearance certificate.
The problem here is -
My minor dependant son's passport will expire on January 02, 2018.
I read somewhere that the passports have to have a clear validity of 6 months when submitting ePR. Considering this, I should file my ePR before June 02, 2017 (6 months passport validity clause).
This will be possible only if I receive my PCC in the next 2 days which seems very unlikely.

Therefore, the way out is to renew my child's passport. Getting the new passport before August 15, 2017 seems unlikely as the next appointment date at passport office is almost 4 weeks from now.

Please suggest the best way out of this!
You can schedule the appointment with the passport office and submit your application when you get the PCC.

Along with the application include a LoE and explain this fact and also mention that you have taken an appointment for a renewal and as soon as the passport is renewed, you will send the new one. Attach the appointment confirmation with the LoE.

Once you get the renewed passport, send the scanned copies of biographical pages to IRCC via Case Specific Enquiry <https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx>. The same will be updated.

Should not be an issue.

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
You can schedule the appointment with the passport office and submit your application when you get the PCC.

Along with the application include a LoE and explain this fact and also mention that you have taken an appointment for a renewal and as soon as the passport is renewed, you will send the new one. Attach the appointment confirmation with the LoE.

Once you get the renewed passport, send the scanned copies of biographical pages to IRCC via Case Specific Enquiry <https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx>. The same will be updated.

Should not be an issue.
Having read various forums, I see passport to be a considerable issue for rejections. Example- bio data pages uploaded for old passport as well. Have you seen similar case before and it went through smoothly.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Having read various forums, I see passport to be a considerable issue for rejections. Example- bio data pages uploaded for old passport as well. Have you seen similar case before and it went through smoothly.
If you have a genuine LoE, that takes care of it. However, ideally you should have a passport which has 6 months more validity, so you should have renewed the passport by now, instead of waiting for this long.

There is always a chance of rejection based on uploading documents not as per specification, specially those that are in your control. However, having a sincere and genuine LoE does take care of it. I cannot substitute the IRCCs decision, but I have seen rejection for silliest minor mistakes and big issues get through with a LoE.

Ideally, if you can get your passport renewed before you file, but if not, you will have to take your chances with a LoE.

Reactions: lino82

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
If you have a genuine LoE, that takes care of it. However, ideally you should have a passport which has 6 months more validity, so you should have renewed the passport by now, instead of waiting for this long.

There is always a chance of rejection based on uploading documents not as per specification, specially those that are in your control. However, having a sincere and genuine LoE does take care of it. I cannot substitute the IRCCs decision, but I have seen rejection for silliest minor mistakes and big issues get through with a LoE.

Ideally, if you can get your passport renewed before you file, but if not, you will have to take your chances with a LoE.
Ohh...this is a scary statement...
Having applied for PCC a month back, I never thought it would get this far.
But even after regular followups with PCC dept. there is no clear indication of when it will be available.
Should I not upload biodata pages of current passport?

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Reposting this:

Hi Legalfalcon,

My current status is IP2 (17th June). I sent an email to CIC Ottawa and queried about my application status. I received a revert the same day (22nd June) that 'your application is approved and is being processed as per the regulatory timeline.' It also stated that - I will receive further instructions shortly.
It 27th now, and I haven't received anything. Should I call/email them again? Do I have anything to worry about? Your thoughts?

Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ohh...this is a scary statement...
Having applied for PCC a month back, I never thought it would get this far.
But even after regular followups with PCC dept. there is no clear indication of when it will be available.
Should I not upload biodata pages of current passport?
The bio pages of the current passport are mandatory. But if you explain your situation in the LoE, this should be fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reposting this:

Hi Legalfalcon,

My current status is IP2 (17th June). I sent an email to CIC Ottawa and queried about my application status. I received a revert the same day (22nd June) that 'your application is approved and is being processed as per the regulatory timeline.' It also stated that - I will receive further instructions shortly.
It 27th now, and I haven't received anything. Should I call/email them again? Do I have anything to worry about? Your thoughts?

Thanks.
There is nothing to worry about, it is just a matter of time and you will receive a PPR. If they have stated that your application has been approved, that is a great news. Just give them 1-2 weeks and you should have an email from them. Also, make sure that you check your spam folder.

As of now, I would suggest that you do not send any email or call. Usually IRCC takes 1-2 weeks to send batch PPR emails.

Congratulations!

Reactions: Prats6

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
As of now, I would suggest that you do not send any email or call. Usually IRCC takes 1-2 weeks to send batch PPR emails.

Congratulations!
Having seen people get PPR emails ranging from 1 day to typically 3, was getting worried. Probably just wait it out. Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Having seen people get PPR emails ranging from 1 day to typically 3, was getting worried. Probably just wait it out. Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.
Every application is processed differently, some are lucky, and have it in matters of days, other have to wait it out. But in your case I see no concerns.

I like your signature quote, "[t]he most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity - Amelia Earhart." How about just make a decision to wait in this case.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Have your read this: (If you still have a questions, feel free to ask again)
I would also need to know if the work experience was gained in Canada or internationally?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=6

Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
You may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs.

If after submitting your Express Entry profile you are invited to apply, you must show that you did the job as described in the occupational description of the NOC, meaning that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in NOC, your application will be refused.

To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.

You must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1,560 hours) in the three years before you submit your Express Entry profile.

To be considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Program:

Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for at least one year in the same occupation.
Awwwwww,,,Thanks a ton legalfalcon!! I think My experience in lab will be counted as work experience.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
I am not sure which country you are from. If you are from India, you will need a certificate from the local authority (usually the municipal corporation) certifying that your birth certificate is not available. And you can then attach your passport and class X certificate.

Yes, i am from India.
Thanks.

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Thanks a ton @legalfalcon Appreciate it!
Just wondering if you have any trick to explain and put across the point to WES. Here is the context:
I have been struggling with them to get my wife's present full name added in parenthesis, as the name mentioned in ECA report is as per the degree certificate, which is her pre-marriage name. I read earlier in the forum that they actually add present name as per passport in parenthesis.
So when we asked them, they just added middle name. When we requested to add proper full name, they asked us to send marriage certificate and passport copy. Even after sending that, they reverted that no change will be done.
Funny thing is, when we said if you cannot add full name, better remove the middle name in parenthesis as well. They are not willing to do that as well. I get absurd response.

Any idea?

trueblue88

Apr 17, 2015
Hello Falcon,

I already submitted my PR application as provincial nominee to CIC. If I get married to a canadian citizen, what do I need to do to update my application? Would getting married delay my application even more? Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Falcon,

I already submitted my PR application as provincial nominee to CIC. If I get married to a canadian citizen, what do I need to do to update my application? Would getting married delay my application even more? Thank you.
If you get married to a Canadian citizen, you do not have to do anything, except inform IRCC of your marriage and send a marriage certificate, and the proof of citizenship of your spouse. You do not need to add your spouse to your application as your spouse is already a citizen. This will not delay your application at all. On the contrary you will be exempt from certain inadmissibility rules.

Alternatively, you can also apply for a PR as a person married to a Canadian citizen, which is a longer process.

So stick on with express entry and inform IRCC.

Reactions: trueblue88