+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

May 31, 2017
Dear Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My question is about proof of funds. I have recently applied for study permit extension and showed X amount of money on my bank account which is on my home country.

Now I luckly got an ITA and I have the required amount on my Canadian bank account. I was wondering if I should show the money that I have on my home country bank account or Canadian bank account would be sufficient alone?

Would they check my study permit application and proof of funds documentation attached to it?

Thanks in advance!

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. I am an Indian citizen currently living in India.. I hold Permanent Resident status in Canada (via express entry).. I got married after I got my PR status in Canada..I will be travelling to Canada in one month time..My wife (who is Indian citizen) doesn't have Canada visa..Could you please suggest which is best option to get her visa (like visitor, tourist, dependent). If so what is the processing time and what are the processes to be followed. Any help/suggestions regarding this matter would be much appreciated..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My question is about proof of funds. I have recently applied for study permit extension and showed X amount of money on my bank account which is on my home country.

Now I luckly got an ITA and I have the required amount on my Canadian bank account. I was wondering if I should show the money that I have on my home country bank account or Canadian bank account would be sufficient alone?

Would they check my study permit application and proof of funds documentation attached to it?

Thanks in advance!
You can show wither of the accounts, or the sum in both the accounts. Bank account figures constantly keep changing, so comparing with what you filed earlier would not be done.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi.. I am an Indian citizen currently living in India.. I hold Permanent Resident status in Canada (via express entry).. I got married after I got my PR status in Canada..I will be travelling to Canada in one month time..My wife (who is Indian citizen) doesn't have Canada visa..Could you please suggest which is best option to get her visa (like visitor, tourist, dependent). If so what is the processing time and what are the processes to be followed. Any help/suggestions regarding this matter would be much appreciated..

This would depend on when you want your spouse to come to Canada. The easiest would be a tourist visa, which can be issued immediately and later you can sponsor her as your spouse. However, the intention for a vision visa and sponsorship are very different. A visitor visa is issued on the ground that the applicant will return to the home country, where as a sponsorship is given so that the person can indefinitely stay in Canada.

The processing times can be found here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi legalfalcon just now I called to IRCC regarding to know my medical status and agent said the officer is preparing request letter for me to redo medical so can we trust him,after again he said officer is reviewing my medical report.But when I asked if I got extended or not then he said NO.
When I asked about my bakground check he said it is completed.
So can I book for medical date or wait for the officer instruction?
Thanks
Rabin

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon just now I called to IRCC regarding to know my medical status and agent said the officer is preparing request letter for me to redo medical so can we trust him,after again he said officer is reviewing my medical report.But when I asked if I got extended or not then he said NO.
When I asked about my bakground check he said it is completed.
So can I book for medical date or wait for the officer instruction?
Thanks
Rabin
Wait until you get a formal letter.

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Anyone please help me ................ Sorry for such a long post though....
@legalfalcon help needed buddy

I started working in a Trucking company as Customer Service Rep. from 4 April 2016. But after one month of paid training(i.e 2 May) the company promoted me as Administrative officer. Since then i have been working in the company as full time administrative officer. For the first three months i had basic Ontario pay of $11.5. but soon after my probation period ended . My pay increased to $14 from 1 August 2016. I am going to apply under Canadian Exp Class. So my question are
  • when does my one year of experience gets completed ? ( May 2 or Aug 1)
  • If exp gets completed on May 2 , does working on minimum pay affects my application. ( right now pay is $16 though)
  • I went for one month of vacation 12 Feb - 20 Mar( I did got 4% vacation pay on the check before I went for the vacation.) is the vacation period going to be counted towards experience or not?
Any help would be appreciated
thanks in advance

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Question:

1. If I have mentioned in my EE profile PRE-ITA that I could be bringing CAD 20,000 (for which I do have proof of funds), would I be able to amend that amount (still above the min reqd. amount) in my post ITA applicaiton?

2. Whatever is mentioned in the post ITA app, would I need to actually BRING to canada when landing (as intl. money orders or traveller's cheques) or only show proof that those funds are in my name and accessible.

Thanks legalfalcon

SREEPRIYA

Mar 30, 2017
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
File Transfer...
22-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Legalfalcon

I had asked you a query which I am posting again as I had not mentioned which country I am from.
I am from India
My question was

Regarding education history secondary education has been asked for in the PR application. I understand it means 10 th and 12th . I am unsure what to fill in the field of study and number of academic years question.Please provide me info about it.For now I have mentioned whatever I feel most appropriate .

Should I fill 10 th std and 12 th std each separately as one year study.What would be the level of education to be selected.

Thank you in advance.....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Anyone please help me ................ Sorry for such a long post though....
@legalfalcon help needed buddy

I started working in a Trucking company as Customer Service Rep. from 4 April 2016. But after one month of paid training(i.e 2 May) the company promoted me as Administrative officer. Since then i have been working in the company as full time administrative officer. For the first three months i had basic Ontario pay of $11.5. but soon after my probation period ended . My pay increased to $14 from 1 August 2016. I am going to apply under Canadian Exp Class. So my question are
  • when does my one year of experience gets completed ? ( May 2 or Aug 1)
May 2, probation is counted towards work experience.
  • If exp gets completed on May 2 , does working on minimum pay affects my application. ( right now pay is $16 though)
No. How much more your make is irrelevant for the EE.
  • I went for one month of vacation 12 Feb - 20 Mar( I did got 4% vacation pay on the check before I went for the vacation.) is the vacation period going to be counted towards experience or not?
If your leave was not a fully paid leave, you cannot count it towards your experience because you are not getting paid for the number of hours you work. If you got 4%, you cannot claim that you were employed all this time, when you were at leave, which would be different in case when you get a paid leave.

Any help would be appreciated
thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Question:

1. If I have mentioned in my EE profile PRE-ITA that I could be bringing CAD 20,000 (for which I do have proof of funds), would I be able to amend that amount (still above the min reqd. amount) in my post ITA applicaiton?
You can amend that as long as you are over the required amount.

2. Whatever is mentioned in the post ITA app, would I need to actually BRING to canada when landing (as intl. money orders or traveller's cheques) or only show proof that those funds are in my name and accessible.

No. The PoF is only to show that you have those funds at your disposal, not that you have to transfer them to Canada. However, when you land after you get the PR, you may be asked for the PoF, so that the officer can be sure that you do have the. You will only need the PoF document and not the actual money, which you may or may not bring to Canada.

Thanks legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon

I had asked you a query which I am posting again as I had not mentioned which country I am from.
I am from India
My question was

Regarding education history secondary education has been asked for in the PR application. I understand it means 10 th and 12th . I am unsure what to fill in the field of study and number of academic years question.Please provide me info about it.For now I have mentioned whatever I feel most appropriate .

Should I fill 10 th std and 12 th std each separately as one year study.What would be the level of education to be selected.

Thank you in advance.....
Secondary education in India covers children aged 12 to 18. Class X and XII are Higher Secondary. So fill in accordingly, where you did your secondary school and how many years you spent in that.

velu05

Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi legalfalcon,

Here is my timeline:

FSW Inland
AOR - 20th March
Medicals - Deferred x-ray due to my wife pregnancy
BG check in progress, IP1 - 24th May (approx)
BG Check not applicable - 26th May
BG check in progress, IP2 -
PPR -

We are living in Canada and my wife due date is 19th June 2017.
1. What is the procedure to inform CIC about my Canadian new born child
2. Do I need to send my child birth certificate and additional family information form along with my CSE.
3. I want to be proactive and send all the documents along with my CSE. Is there any other document/form that I should submit along with the CSE? I hope Canadian passport copy for the new born is not required.

Thank you for your help in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

Here is my timeline:

FSW Inland
AOR - 20th March
Medicals - Deferred x-ray due to my wife pregnancy
BG check in progress, IP1 - 24th May (approx)
BG Check not applicable - 26th May
BG check in progress, IP2 -
PPR -

We are living in Canada and my wife due date is 19th June 2017.
1. What is the procedure to inform CIC about my Canadian new born child
Since you are in Canada, you do not need to inform IRCC of your child, as he will be a Canadian citizen by birth and does not have to be on the application.

2. Do I need to send my child birth certificate and additional family information form along with my CSE.
No.

3. I want to be proactive and send all the documents along with my CSE. Is there any other document/form that I should submit along with the CSE? I hope Canadian passport copy for the new born is not required.

The only thing that you will have to provide will be PoF, if you are not already exempt, i.e. if you are employed in Canada. Since your family composition will change, you will have to inform IRCC of the PoF, after your child's birth, so that now you account for a family unit of 3.

Thank you for your help in advance
Heartiest congratulations for soon entering into parenthood!