+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi Legal_Falcon
Hope you are doing well.
Can please help sort out my prblm please.

1)My mother has valid visit visa with old name, but her pension case is approved with different name and hence we need to change her aadhar card and pan card.
Will this affect her current visa? Can she travel with the valid visa with old name or we need to have a new passport with new name?
2) will the name change affect when we apply for her pr or super visa ? I am canadian PR
* we have published her new name in Govt of India's Gazzet*

Thanks in advance.
Sure, I can help you with this.
  1. Whether your mother can travel with the valid visa with her old name depends on the immigration authorities of the country she is visiting. Some countries may allow travelers to enter with a visa that has a different name, as long as the name change is documented. Other countries may require travelers to have a visa that matches their passport and other identification documents.
In your mother's case, it is best to check with the immigration authorities of the country she is visiting to see if they will allow her to enter with a visa that has a different name. You can also contact the Canadian High Commission or Embassy in India for more information.
  1. The name change may affect your mother's application for a PR or super visa. The immigration authorities will need to see that the name change is legitimate and that your mother has not changed her name for fraudulent purposes. You will need to provide documentation to support the name change, such as a copy of the government gazette where the name change was published.
It is also important to note that the name change may delay the processing of your mother's application. The immigration authorities will need to verify the name change and make sure that it does not affect her eligibility for a PR or super visa.

I hope this information is helpful.

Reactions: Shubham6120

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hello legalfalcon,
I received my valid job offer in Sep 2021 and based on that I got nominated for Alberta PNP and started my PR process in Nov 2021.Meanwhile in 2022 since PR process was taking long due to COVID backlog my consultant adviced me to file a work permit.So in March 2022 I received valid work permit for 2 yrs.Now my employer says that I should come on PR only.My PR application is still in process…
I am the primary applicant my tracker shows all the parameters complete but my dependent BG is still under process.It is already 21 months since my PR was filed.
My queries are:
As already WP is issued to me ,could this be a reason for my PR delay?Can IRCC hold my PR case for this reason?
Secondly shall I wait for PR because I want my family to accompany me to Canada and things would be easier together or I should go on WP alone.
Your guidance would be really helpful.Thanks in advance.

MUZZ1122

Feb 14, 2023
Dear @legalfalcon

CEC inland applicant:
I received AOR on 16th April 2023, my UCI was linked on 6th June 2023. I ordered GCMS notes and found out that my Eligibility hasn't been started yet, whereas criminality is passed, info sharing is complete and security is not started yet. Under some notes, I saw one line saying on 18th May, CASE PARKED DUE TO FOLLOWING: RA FOR POSSIBLE UCI HOUSEHOLD, Is this due to my file is not moving, what does this comment mean? thank you.

nnp2023

Aug 29, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have received AOPR and awaiting COPR confirmation portal details. However, I have some doubts due to my current situation. I kindly request your advice and suggestions. I have received portal 1 details on 22nd August, 2023 and I have sent the email with details of my last entry in Canada on 24th August, 2023, but waiting for COPR activation portal details. I am inside Canada, however, my spouse is in the USA and might not be able to travel and stay for many days (as needed by the COPR activation portal these days) in the Canada very soon. I have mentioned this in the email to IRCC. Can you please help me with the 2 below queries ?

1. Will it be possible for me to perform a virtual landing in Canada through the COPR portal to confirm my PR as I am inside Canada and my spouse to come to a Canada land port of entry with COPR later (may be get the passport stamped with PR Visa or can she use the existing Open work permit to enter) and confirm the PR at any port of entry (not use the COPR portal), as she is outside of Canada ?

2. Is it permitted to travel to the USA and comeback to Canada while I wait for the COPR activation portal details (I have already sent the email with details of last entry in Canada and mentioned I am in Canada) ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

nnp2023

Aug 29, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have received AOPR and awaiting COPR confirmation portal details. However, I have some doubts due to my current situation. I kindly request your advice and suggestions. I have received portal 1 details on 22nd August, 2023 and I have sent the email with details of my last entry in Canada on 24th August, 2023, but waiting for COPR activation portal details. I am inside Canada, however, my spouse is in the USA and might not be able to travel and stay for many days (as needed by the COPR activation portal these days) in the Canada very soon. I have mentioned this in the email to IRCC. Can you please help me with the 2 below queries ?

1. Will it be possible for me to perform a virtual landing in Canada through the COPR portal to confirm my PR as I am inside Canada and my spouse to come to a Canada land port of entry with COPR later (may be get the passport stamped with PR Visa or can she use the existing Open work permit to enter) and confirm the PR at any port of entry (not use the COPR portal), as she is outside of Canada ?

2. Is it permitted to travel to the USA and comeback to Canada while I wait for the COPR activation portal details (I have already sent the email with details of last entry in Canada and mentioned I am in Canada) ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

nnp2023

Aug 29, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot in advance.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hello legalfalcon,
In my GCMS notes it is showing Criminality passed,medical passed,info-sharing completed,security in progress.
But in latest Officer Notes TEXT heading it is written
NOTES: 1
Restricted:N
Label: General
Office: London IRCC
Text: PA/SPOUSE/dep
No concerns, aliases and identity docs do not appear to match
CRIMINALITY Assessment: PASSED
What does it imply??

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon

I got my work permit approved and received a letter asking me to send my passports but we got a newborn baby in which 3 days prior to the passport request I received an AOR for the webform raised when sending all the documents to add the newborn baby. Should I still send my passport to them?

Thanks!

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Hi @Raptor33

I was wondering if you could help me,

Newborn baby during application was informed to IRCC, it is on my file but still not added to my application as a dependent yet and now I got a passport request for my work permit. What should I do?

Should I still send the passports or wait the baby to be added to my application and wait for a new passport request letter?

Thank you very much!

If anyone knows anything please help me! Thanks

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi @Raptor33

I was wondering if you could help me,

Newborn baby during application was informed to IRCC, it is on my file but still not added to my application as a dependent yet and now I got a passport request for my work permit. What should I do?

Should I still send the passports or wait the baby to be added to my application and wait for a new passport request letter?

Thank you very much!

If anyone knows anything please help me! Thanks
i Hope you understand you are asking a bot to suggest

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon

I got my work permit approved and received a letter asking me to send my passports but we got a newborn baby in which 3 days prior to the passport request I received an AOR for the webform raised when sending all the documents to add the newborn baby. Should I still send my passport to them?

Thanks!
I would suggest to consult some immigration lawyer or approach Canada Embassy.You still have a window of 30 days.

Reactions: Vision-Air

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks!
Are you in Canada or outside Canada? If you are not in Canada, you will have to file a separate application for your minor child. You can send your passport, as it will not impact your application.

Reactions: Vision-Air

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,
In my GCMS notes it is showing Criminality passed,medical passed,info-sharing completed,security in progress.
But in latest Officer Notes TEXT heading it is written
NOTES: 1
Restricted:N
Label: General
Office: London IRCC
Text: PA/SPOUSE/dep
No concerns, aliases and identity docs do not appear to match
CRIMINALITY Assessment: PASSED
What does it imply??
This is a general search that IRCC did and pertains to your identity verification, in which IRCC found no concerns when they ran your names on the database.

Reactions: DKalkhand

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot in advance.

1. If you receive a COPR as an inland, you do not need any landing formalities. Your COPR will be signed and effective te date on it, you will hold a PR. If you are outside Canada, then you have to show up at a port of entry and upon being processed, you will attain the PR status.

2. You can travel to any country and return as long as you have a valid Canadian visa or status to return.