Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , good day again. I spoke to an RCIC who tells me just withdrawing PNP won't convert an existing application proceed as CEC. She says once my sponsoring state cancels the PNP nomination, I will have to contact IRCC they will withdraw my whole application and I will have to wait for an ITA and apply again. Is that correct?
You do not have to withdraw your application since you have not received an ITA. YOu only file an application after you receive an ITA and pay a fee. As of now you only have a profile, and you do not need to withdraw it.

If you consulted a licensed RCIC, then you can follow what they say, or what you think is right.

I am not privy to your documents or application and my comments should not be construed as legal advice, and neither does this give rise to a solicitor-client relationship.

all the best.

Reactions: muhareb

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon received GCMS notes and it states "**Officer Review** All requirements met. Appears RFV. In queue for PACE review." This is dated June 7, 2023.

Is there any reason why the application might need to be reviewed again? It is the third officer reviewing my application. Also, do you know why they transfer applications to RROC? It was at CIO and the officer stated "ready to finalize", then it was transfered to RROC but they haven't finalized it yet.

All your questions have been answered multiple times before. Search the forum.

Also, Raptor 33 is a bot.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

wheresperry

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
All your questions have been answered multiple times before. Search the forum.

Also, Raptor 33 is a bot.
It's just that no one really knows what 'PACE review' really is... and how long it takes to get out of this "queue" they have mentioned. I have searched about it and there are speculations but no official source. Anyway, I appreciate all your help.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You do not have to withdraw your application since you have not received an ITA. YOu only file an application after you receive an ITA and pay a fee. As of now you only have a profile, and you do not need to withdraw it.

If you consulted a licensed RCIC, then you can follow what they say, or what you think is right.

I am not privy to your documents or application and my comments should not be construed as legal advice, and neither does this give rise to a solicitor-client relationship.

all the best.
@legalfalcon - thanks a ton for all the advice you provide. I apologize for miscommunicating, I regret for not having drafted a longer meaningful paragraph yesterday. I missed to repeat the details from my older post to which you had already replied.

I have a PNP PR application in process now, My biometrics, medical exams, and eligibility have passed as of May 16th. In Background check, the information exchange is complete as of May 16th 2023; however, security and criminality have not not begin until date July 28th.
I was trying to understand if this existing PNP PR application could be converted into a CEC application by IRCC. I without the 600 PNP points will still above the ITA cut-off CRS points. The reason I wanted to get rid of PNP is because that way, at least, I can expect a result by August 7th, 2023 i.e. 4 month CEC normal processing, instead now IRCC forcing me to wait until January 7th 2024 i.e. 9 month PNP processing.

I have signed any contracts as client with the RCIC yet, I only approached them to plan out a pathway by paying a minimal fee. As i might do mistakes trying myself. I'm yet to sign a longer term contract with the RCIC. She tells me just withdrawing PNP nomination with the province won't convert an existing PNP PRCC application under IRCC to proceed as CEC. She says once my sponsoring province cancels the PNP nomination, I will have to contact IRCC they will withdraw my whole PNP PR application and I will have to wait for a new ITA under CEC, hopefully after I get one I should apply again. Which summarizes that this reverse and reapply would take longer time than a shorter resolution I was expecting.

The reason I'm trying different pathways even though I'm ok to wait for the PNP to proceed. I've my wife at home roiling everyday with anger against me, berating me for choosing PNP which is now delaying the approval when I could have chosen CEC which had a shorter timeline. Adding fuel is our landlord asked us to move out and we are stuck with a massive rent increase here in greater Toronto and not able to invest in a home without a PR.

Last edited:

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Can I raise a webform on my own or only my consultant can do it.My all the parameters are complete.I am the primary applicant.But my dependent BG under process for last 10 months.And for him eligibility not started yet.So what should be my query or please May I know how to put my query in the comment section.

alex617

Sep 28, 2022
@legalfalcon good day. In my gcms notes, and under ASSESSMENTS, it shows blank for Security, so I assume it has either started or completed.

Under ADMISSIBILITIES -> SECURITY there's only
SECURITY: 1
UCI# :
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security.

There's s.15(1) in the corner.
But in the NOTES section, I see
NOTES:1
Created Date: 2023/04/17
Updated DateL 2023/04/17
Restricted: N
Label: Adm/
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:

There's no text in this note. All other notes are older and related to other stuff like medical and biometrics. Does this mean I have passed securities check?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023
@legalfalcon

Hi,

I had a concern regarding my CRS score. I submitted my application on 02nd March, 2023. As part of this application, my spouse details were also submitted as my dependent. Our CRS score was 438.

I logged in to see my profile after 3 months and the CRS was reduced to 415. My DOB is 04th March, 1993 so I understand the age points deduction (5 points). But what is the other reason for this deduction?

Currently, the score displayed in the profile is 415, 'CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency' is displayed as 0. As per the CRS calculator, it should be 18 and I think this is the difference. Have you seen this before? If yes, whom should we contact? I've already raised a technical issue for this.

sagartheocean

Jun 19, 2023
There is nothing a soft or hard landing. When you show up at a port of entry, and your documents are processed, and you are admitted into Canada, you become a PR.

As a PR, you can stay in Canada for a day, a month or a year, or just a few minutes. It is irrelevant. What matters is that you maintain your PR status by complying with the residency requirement.

As regards your PR card, you can ask your friend to carry it with you. If you wish to ship it, you can read on that in my previous post available at:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-10091920
Thank you @legalfalcon & @Raptor33 for your responses, they were really helpful.

With your guidance and the help of others, I successfully entered Canada via the Niagara border Rainbow Bridge. They processed my PR application and mentioned that my Permanent Residency starts from the same day. However, they asked specifically if I would be returning to the US, and upon answering yes, they didn't process my PR card, stating that it will be issued only when I move permanently to Canada.

Now, I seek your advice:

Should I accept this status as it is? Or should I re-enter Canada and stay there until my PR card gets processed?

How important is it to have the PR card?

For me, it's not feasible to shift there permanently for at least a year since my wife is studying in the US.

kapoor90

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon

Is it mandatory to continue the job with which one has claimed 50 points to secure the nomination from Ontario under HCP-CEC(closed permit)?
What will happen if I get ITA after nomination without a job?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Is it mandatory to continue the job with which one has claimed 50 points to secure the nomination from Ontario under HCP-CEC(closed permit)?

You have to have the job until after your application has been processed. If you do not have a job during the processing of your application, you will have to inform IRCC and you may lose points.

Rahuljoshi

Jul 12, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I became a Canadian PR on 21st September, 2022 by doing my landing in Canada. Post that, I came back to The Netherlands where I am currently working. My current citizenship is Indian and I will be eligible for the Dutch citizenship in January 2023 and am considering applying for the same. I do have a few questions on the same though:

1. Do I have to inform the Canadian authorities in case I apply for the Dutch citizenship? and/or once I get the Dutch citizenship.

Last edited:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

No, it is not mandatory to continue the job with which you claimed 50 points to secure the nomination from Ontario under HCP-CEC(closed permit). The Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream (HCP-CEC) is a provincial nomination program (PNP) that is aligned with the federal Express Entry system. To be eligible for this stream, you must have an active Express Entry profile and meet the following requirements:
  • At least one year of full-time paid work experience in Canada in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation.
  • A bachelor's degree or higher from a recognized post-secondary institution.
  • Language proficiency in English or French at the CLB 7 level.
The job offer that you used to claim 50 points is just one of the factors that the Ontario government considers when making a nomination decision. Other factors include your education, work experience, language proficiency, and ties to Ontario.

If you are nominated by Ontario, you will receive a provincial nomination certificate (PNC). This certificate will give you an additional 600 points in the federal Express Entry pool. With these additional points, you are more likely to receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you receive an ITA after nomination, you are not required to continue working for the same employer. However, you will need to have a job offer in Canada in order to be eligible for permanent residence. If you do not have a job offer, you can still apply for permanent residence, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the ability to find a job in Canada.

Here are some things you can do to increase your chances of finding a job in Canada after receiving an ITA:
  • Update your resume and cover letter to highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the Canadian job market.
  • Network with people in your field in Canada.
  • Attend job fairs and workshops.
  • Use online job boards.
  • Reach out to recruitment agencies.
It is important to remember that the Ontario HCP-CEC stream is a competitive program. There are many qualified applicants, so it is important to make yourself stand out. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of success.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I became a Canadian PR on 21st September, 2022 by doing my landing in Canada. Post that, I came back to The Netherlands where I am currently working. My current citizenship is Indian and I will be eligible for the Dutch citizenship in January 2023 and am considering applying for the same. I do have a few questions on the same though:

1. Do I have to inform the Canadian authorities in case I apply for the Dutch citizenship? and/or once I get the Dutch citizenship.
No, you do not have to inform the Canadian authorities in case you apply for the Dutch citizenship.

Jun 19, 2023
@legalfalcon

Hi,

I had a concern regarding my CRS score. I submitted my application on 02nd March, 2023. As part of this application, my spouse details were also submitted as my dependent. Our CRS score was 438.

I logged in to see my profile after 3 months and the CRS was reduced to 415. My DOB is 04th March, 1993 so I understand the age points deduction (5 points). But what is the other reason for this deduction?

Currently, the score displayed in the profile is 415, 'CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency' is displayed as 0. As per the CRS calculator, it should be 18 and I think this is the difference. Have you seen this before? If yes, whom should we contact? I've already raised a technical issue for this.
@Raptor33 Please help!