+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

hyjkvvv

Jul 6, 2022
As you continue to work for an employer, over time your job duties may change which is not an issue. You can explain this in a LoE. To claim points for the arranged job, the job offer has to meet the following:

• The offer is from a Canadian employer and is for a full-time, non-seasonal job for at least one year or more
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.

Hi @legalfalcon

My current job offer also gave me a higher wage per hour(6% more than the wage/hour in LMIA) as well as more working hours per week.......
Do you think the current offer could still be eligible for arranged employment 50 points in terms of the wage increase?

Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My current job offer also gave me a higher wage per hour(6% more than the wage/hour in LMIA) as well as more working hours per week.......
Do you think the current offer could still be eligible for arranged employment 50 points in terms of the wage increase?

Thanks.
I haven't seen your documents and neither am I privy to your specific case. I have listed the requirements in my previous post.

hyjkvvv

Jul 6, 2022
I haven't seen your documents and neither am I privy to your specific case. I have listed the requirements in my previous post.
Hi @legalfalcon

Any of your opinion about "supported by LMIA" would be a blessing for me~~thanks~
I am really anxious about whether the obvious increase of wage compared to LMIA wage is still "supported by LMIA", any similar experience?

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, firstly it actually blows my mind that you have answered over a 1000 pages of questions on this thread alone, kudos to you! Do you have a patreon or something similar?

Two questions as I hope to get an ITA shortly:

1. I understand it isn't a problem for 100% of my POF to be a gift deed, and have seen the IRCC twitter account confirm something to that effect, do you think it's likely to be an issue?

2. More pressing - I have been working with the same company for 3 years now, with the same job description. During the pandemic, they were acquired by a parent company and restructured. The name is still essentially the same (except for legalese like private LTD. etc). It's a pretty large organisation with a 100 year history. After the change we now work under the new legal entity on paper but the period of service of employees was maintained. Nothing like my office, my day to day work, my team, my duties and so on changed at all. Our period of service in any work experience/employer letters will also reflect the entire period as vs just the time under the new company. I'm keen to be as transparent as possible in my application so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to mention this in a LOE? I can also provide URLs to news articles about the legal purchase in the letter. Any links to official guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks so much again for your time!

Atjose

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hello all, @legalfalcon

I am just one of that unlucky guy who is yet to receive PPR with AOR- 24/10/2018. yes its 2018 (not a typo). I dont know what they are doing with my application. Its already approved in April 2020 as per GCMS.

Anyone with a similar situation and what can I do from my side? Its more than 4 years now.. any suggestions, please.. :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all, @legalfalcon

I am just one of that unlucky guy who is yet to receive PPR with AOR- 24/10/2018. yes its 2018 (not a typo). I dont know what they are doing with my application. Its already approved in April 2020 as per GCMS.

Anyone with a similar situation and what can I do from my side? Its more than 4 years now.. any suggestions, please.. :(
At this juncture, all you can do is file a mandamus. See https://bit.ly/3NxbRCv

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, firstly it actually blows my mind that you have answered over a 1000 pages of questions on this thread alone, kudos to you! Do you have a patreon or something similar?

Two questions as I hope to get an ITA shortly:

1. I understand it isn't a problem for 100% of my POF to be a gift deed, and have seen the IRCC twitter account confirm something to that effect, do you think it's likely to be an issue?

2. More pressing - I have been working with the same company for 3 years now, with the same job description. During the pandemic, they were acquired by a parent company and restructured. The name is still essentially the same (except for legalese like private LTD. etc). It's a pretty large organisation with a 100 year history. After the change we now work under the new legal entity on paper but the period of service of employees was maintained. Nothing like my office, my day to day work, my team, my duties and so on changed at all. Our period of service in any work experience/employer letters will also reflect the entire period as vs just the time under the new company. I'm keen to be as transparent as possible in my application so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to mention this in a LOE? I can also provide URLs to news articles about the legal purchase in the letter. Any links to official guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks so much again for your time!

1. See https://bit.ly/3hrPxyR
Gift deeds can be used, depending on who is gifting and as long as you comply with the requirements and explain it in LoE.

2. If the company you work for can give you a letter confirming that you have been working for the last 3 years, it will not be an issue. In the same letter, they can address the merger. If not, then you can submit two separate letters. As long as it is clear from the documents that you were employed and the letter meets the requirements of IRCC, there will be no problems. In cases of mergers, you can also write a LoE and explain and provide supporting documents such as your pay stubs etc.

Reactions: Zephyrstraint

hyjkvvv

Jul 6, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon

A question for my friend:

He is about to get ITA as CEC and he has been working under LMIA closed work permit with permanent offer. Since now his CRS scores are far more than ITA scores, he intends to NOT claim 50 arranged employment points to get more flexibility in work options(by BOWP in future) when waiting for PR. But he is not sure whether he can accomplish this aim safely.

Specifically, could he choose "NO" for the EE question "do you have a valid job offer?", and would it trigger rejection as the truth is "yes"?
Since he is working under the permanent-term job offer supported by LMIA and closed work permit for the employer, meaning he does have a "valid offer".....he is worried that if he chooses "no valid offer", would this be regarded as “intentional omission of information” and thus leads to a misrepresentation or at least be a reason of rejection?
Also, if this choice is risky, is there any suggestion to safely not claim the 50 points?(eg. he also considers proactive LoE of the "flexible work option" but not sure whether it is a safer idea)

Waiting for your kind idea, thanks.

Last edited:

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have taken a business administration certificate from Mcmaster part-time, remotely from September 2020 to April 2021, which is two terms for 8 months.
The certificate is 15 credit hours.
What should I put in the "level of education" for this certificate? I currently put it as "One-year program at a university, college, trade, or technical school, or other institute".
However, I completed this program in 8 months, so I am not sure whether it will be eligible as a one-year program.
Is the certificate eligible for "One-year program at a university, college, trade, or technical school, or other institute" level of education? Or should I select something else?

I want to claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." (with my bachelor's degree) and Canadian education points (since it is conducted remotely during COVID, per new measure I am eligible for Canadian education points) for this certificate.

Prakashbe.ckp

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Legal Falcon,

I got COPR and going for a month Soft landing by Mar 23. Planning to get back again to Canada after a year. My query is

1. Is this allowed to go on after a year
2. Will it create an issue while renewing the PR card or applying for Citizenship after a few years
. Will the immigration officer ask for the reasons while returning? If so, do we need to provide valid reasons for it? else they will create an issue for entry.

Kindly guide me

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon,

I got COPR and going for a month Soft landing by Mar 23. Planning to get back again to Canada after a year. My query is

1. Is this allowed to go on after a year
2. Will it create an issue while renewing the PR card or applying for Citizenship after a few years
. Will the immigration officer ask for the reasons while returning? If so, do we need to provide valid reasons for it? else they will create an issue for entry.

Kindly guide me

1. Upon landing, and being admitted, you attain the status of a PR. As a PR, you have a residency obligation, i.e. your must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. Based on this, you can enter Canada with your COPR, become a PR, leave for 3 years, return to Canada and stay continuously for 2 years and still meet your residency obligation.

2. No. You are free to leave Canada, and live anywhere in the World, no questions asked. When you apply for Citizenship, you will be required to list your addresses for the last 3 years and employment details. See the citizenship application form. But there will be no issues when you enter Canada or apply for citizenship.

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I lived in Canada for 6 years, 3 years as an engineering student, and 3 years in PGWP, unfortunately I racked up credit card debt in Canada and moved to my home country because my visa expired.
During my PGWP period, I wasn't able to get a skilled job in Canada for CEC express entry eligibility.
Since after moving to my home country, my bank (RBC) called and said if I didn't pay the credit card balance, they would send the debt to a collection agency, I told them I don't have a good job to pay the credit cards.
my question is, I want to apply for express entry now, I am wondering whether my unpaid credit call history will make me ineligible for permanent residency.

your advice and answer would be greatly appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I lived in Canada for 6 years, 3 years as an engineering student, and 3 years in PGWP, unfortunately I racked up credit card debt in Canada and moved to my home country because my visa expired.
During my PGWP period, I wasn't able to get a skilled job in Canada for CEC express entry eligibility.
Since after moving to my home country, my bank (RBC) called and said if I didn't pay the credit card balance, they would send the debt to a collection agency, I told them I don't have a good job to pay the credit cards.
my question is, I want to apply for express entry now, I am wondering whether my unpaid credit call history will make me ineligible for permanent residency.

your advice and answer would be greatly appreciated.
Unpaid payment will not impact your eligibility but will impact your credit score and your ability to get loans and other banking facilities.

Reactions: chemEmanju

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hiya @legalfalcon,
Quick question about the Dutch PCC.

The official “how to request a police certificate” tool for the Netherlands indicates that IRCC will issue me a letter AFTER I submit my PR application, which I can then use to get a Dutch VOG (their version of a certificate of conduct). The ministry of justice usually requires some kind of proof that you need a PCC, so candidates wait for an ADR. This doesn’t seem to strictly be required, and I was able to get the VOG by just applying with the required documents, and I now have the physical VOG.
There is a form upload field for the Netherlands PCC on my PR application. Would you recommend I just upload the VOG or should I upload a document stating that the Netherlands requires a letter from IRCC, then upload the doc after IRCC requests it via an ADR?
Would you recommend I mention in an LOE that I was able to get the PCC upfront without a need for an ADR?

thanks so much for taking the time!

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon I have a quick question. When I submitted my application, I submitted my pcc for both India and USA. It's been 20 months, if i want to do upfront pcc, i know that i have to India PCC again but should i do USA pcc again?

Looking to hear from you. Thanks in advance