17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi. Hope you are fine. Asking a super urgent Query pls

My Parents are thinking of applying for their visitor visa to Canada. However pls note the bellows:

I am a PR of Canada and I want to send them the invitation but I am currently in home country and I came back 4 months back from Canada after soft landing due to urgency. & I am the only child of my parents. & My parents can show strong financial ties, job ties and relationship ties to their home country. & They don't have any travel history.

A.) I give them invitations from my home country &

B.) I come to Canada and after getting a job I send them invitations right away within 1-2 months of going back to Canada.

C.) One of my father's friend who is a Canadian citizen may send the invitations to visit them. but I am scared my parents don't have any travel history.

So, out of these 3 options which one do you think would make my parent's chance to get PPR much better? is there any drastic differences in their application strength between the 3 scenarios?
There is no single factor, but rather multiple factors and the application as a whole that would determine whether it will be approved or not. Further, as a PR, whether you are currently in Canada or not does not matter as long as you have an address in Canada to where you are inviting your parents to.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon something is not clear for me, the info messages in this page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html) are they only temporary measures?
It says in there:

Does that mean this is only a temporary measure and let's say if I entered the pool after this message is removed I won't be able to earn the Canadian educational credential points, even if the conditions above apply on my Canadian degree?
This is in response to COVID, where many international students had to study while they were outside Canada.

Like any IRCC policy, it can be changes. When you apply, it is the current policy in effect as on that day that matters.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My spouse (PA) received RFV letter , I am (secondary applicant )and ask to submit the passports to the nearest VAC.
I am currently on a visit visa, visiting my spouse. Is it okay if we can submit our passports together or I have to go back to my home country to submit?
If your address in the application shows as that in Canada, you can submit your passport in Canada. If not, you can inform IRCC that you are currently in Canada, and ask them to send you new instructions.

Reactions: Yumna

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
If your PR application has been approved, then it is closed and you cannot make any changes to it. Similarly, if a decision on your previous applications has been made, you cannot amend them.

hello @legalfalcon Thank you so much for responding that my mothers DOB error cannot be amended since my applications have been approved.Because the date of birth of my mother is incorrect in application, I wanted to raise webform to inform that date needs to be corrected. I just wanted to inform IRCC effectively about this mistake. can i do that ? my question is if filling the imm 5645e again be an issue?

Aug 23, 2022
@legalfalcon Hello. I hope you are doing well. This question is about R200(3)(e)(i), Unauthorized work
I went to one of the land borders to flagpole for my pgwp. It didn't go well. I was denied for post graduation work permit for the unauthorized work that I accidentally engaged in. I didn't know that I wasn't allow to work part-time after I finished school on a valid study permit without having applied for a work permit. I made a big mistake. The CBSA even called the place where I worked to confirm how many hours I worked. The person on the shift miscalculated my hours and told the CBSA agent that I work more than 20 hours a week. I was so sick and tired to even provide further explanation. The border officer issued my a visitor record for allowing me to enter Canada again. The CBSA agent also told me this won't really affect me going to other countries in the future. Of course I stopped working there after what happened. At this moment, I have already left Canada for months, I am in the middle of the immigration process for the united states. I am wondering, did I commit a crime? Would this affect my immigration for the united states? Please legalfalcon, you helped so many others on this platform. I sincerely thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hello. I hope you are doing well. This question is about R200(3)(e)(i), Unauthorized work
I went to one of the land borders to flagpole for my pgwp. It didn't go well. I was denied for post graduation work permit for the unauthorized work that I accidentally engaged in. I didn't know that I wasn't allow to work part-time after I finished school on a valid study permit without having applied for a work permit. I made a big mistake. The CBSA even called the place where I worked to confirm how many hours I worked. The person on the shift miscalculated my hours and told the CBSA agent that I work more than 20 hours a week. I was so sick and tired to even provide further explanation. The border officer issued my a visitor record for allowing me to enter Canada again. The CBSA agent also told me this won't really affect me going to other countries in the future. Of course I stopped working there after what happened. At this moment, I have already left Canada for months, I am in the middle of the immigration process for the united states. I am wondering, did I commit a crime? Would this affect my immigration for the united states? Please legalfalcon, you helped so many others on this platform. I sincerely thank you!
This is not a crime, but you did violate the immigration rules of Canada. If you are concerned about answering questions on your US immigration/visa documents such as if you have been charged etc., the answer is no.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello @legalfalcon Thank you so much for responding that my mothers DOB error cannot be amended since my applications have been approved.Because the date of birth of my mother is incorrect in application, I wanted to raise webform to inform that date needs to be corrected. I just wanted to inform IRCC effectively about this mistake. can i do that ? my question is if filling the imm 5645e again be an issue?
When your application is closed, how will filing a form or a web form make any difference? You can submit as many forms as you want, but the question is will that matter, and the answer is no.

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
When your application is closed, how will filing a form or a web form make any difference? You can submit as many forms as you want, but the question is will that matter, and the answer is no.
Hi @legalfalcon thank you so much again, you may be right. But, I am much worried if this will be considered as hiding a mistake. Also, this mistake might show up in future when I sponsor my parents. so if i raise webform or resubmit a 5645 and 5604 family information form, I know that I informed IRCC before everything. Only thing i wanted to ask you will there be any negative aspects of submitting it now. Could you please share the experience ?

Apart from that , I absolutely appreciate the work you are doing in this forum on a continued basis. for many, this is the go to place get some form of help. Thank you.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
There is no single factor, but rather multiple factors and the application as a whole that would determine whether it will be approved or not. Further, as a PR, whether you are currently in Canada or not does not matter as long as you have an address in Canada to where you are inviting your parents to.

@legalfalcon thank you

Sir, considering the Visa Officers point of view, do you think if my father's friend send them invitations will help them to strengthen their visitor visa application to get approved ? My parents don't have any travel history.

or if I their daughter, send invitations to them for their visit from our home country will give them a better chance to get their approval?

out of the two above situation, which one is technically be a better option in my parents case ? Your reply will be very helpful thanks sir :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thank you so much again, you may be right. But, I am much worried if this will be considered as hiding a mistake. Also, this mistake might show up in future when I sponsor my parents. so if i raise webform or resubmit a 5645 and 5604 family information form, I know that I informed IRCC before everything. Only thing i wanted to ask you will there be any negative aspects of submitting it now. Could you please share the experience ?

Apart from that , I absolutely appreciate the work you are doing in this forum on a continued basis. for many, this is the go to place get some form of help. Thank you.
This should have been taken care of when your application was being processed, not after a decision has been made and the application is closed. Even if you send webforms, there is nothing that can be amended as the application is now closed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you

Sir, considering the Visa Officers point of view, do you think if my father's friend send them invitations will help them to strengthen their visitor visa application to get approved ? My parents don't have any travel history.

or if I their daughter, send invitations to them for their visit from our home country will give them a better chance to get their approval?

out of the two above situation, which one is technically be a better option in my parents case ? Your reply will be very helpful thanks sir :)
An invitation letter from a family member has a much higher value, as long as it covers all the necessary aspects and the other aspects of a visitor's visa are also taken care of. As stated before, it is never one factor that is decisive. Rather, the application is evaluated as a whole.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
This should have been taken care of when your application was being processed, not after a decision has been made and the application is closed. Even if you send webforms, there is nothing that can be amended as the application is now closed.
@legalfalcon sir, I sincerely regret not knowing this error when my application was being processed ( during my PR as well as work permit). my mother got her passport recently, when I was reviewing her documents for applying super visa this dob error came to light. having said that, I am desperately trying to do the right thing. My last question is , If I raise a webform , inform IRCC will this be considered as hiding material fact , and Should I have to handle this matter with lawyer instead on me directly raising eyebrows ? if not, what would the effective way to handle this. I would be privileged to get your general opinion
Please apologies me for the multiple followup and lack of understanding on the perspective.

Last edited:

Choupi

Jul 3, 2022
Hiiii
@legalfalcon
Please advise ...
I am post AOR but have some doubts about the way i filled the studies section

In order to get my bachelor degree i studied one year in university X , then moved to university Z for 2nd and 3rd year.

On the study section I mentionned both universities :
* Univ X : 1 year , completed but without degree , and i crossed "no ECA"
*Univ Z: 2 years , degree complètes, and i crossed "ECA with WES"

Is this correct ? Knowing that i actually sent both universities transcripts to WES and not only those of univ Z ...

Knowing that for crs i only got the points for 1 Bachelor .

THANK U SO MUCH

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
An invitation letter from a family member has a much higher value, as long as it covers all the necessary aspects and the other aspects of a visitor's visa are also taken care of. As stated before, it is never one factor that is decisive. Rather, the application is evaluated as a whole.
@legalfalcon okay thanks. about the invitation given by the daughter to her parents.

In CIC website they said the

1.)
invitation letter shall contain the address and telephone number of the invitee in Canada, So, as I am in my home country so will it be okay if I give hotel address with hotel booking details ? and my Canadian phone number is not active as I am not there so should I give this number ? or I can give my cousins phone number too?

2.) is it mandatory or recommended for me to give lease agreement of my accommodation in Canada?

3.) is it mandatory or recommended for me to mention job title/employment details in the invitation letter as mentioned in CIC website?

If I don't have the above as I soft landed and then came back to home country, would you recommend me to send invitations from my home country for my parents? will it be strong in such cases or can cause doubts in the officer's mind?

It will be so much helpful for me if you can please kindly reply the above questions sir ^_^ thank you so much in advance.