17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I am really sorry to bother you with this insignificant matter. And a part of me also understands that in this case I am overthinking but after reading all that posts about IRCC revoking PR and Citizenship due misrepresentation I just can't stop stressing.

I am totally aware that I didn't lie in my application about visa refusals because there were none when our PR application was being in progress.
Tourist schengen visa was refused after PR was approved (COPR was issued) and there is no information from IRCC that we should provide such information after this point (approval).

As far I understand, applicants should only disclose information regarding these situations even they happen in the interval between an approval and a landing (copied bullet points from the PPR letter) :
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
We just had been waiting for PRR for more than 3 years and I don't want jeopardise my future in Canada because I did not inform IRCC about any matter which they find significant. Moreover, I don't know where look. I have searched the forum and haven't found similar questions. The majority of them were about forgetting to mention visa refusal in the initial application or the schedule A when it was requested

Thanks again for all you answers. I would be really grateful if you ease my mind about this situation.
Thanks in advance!
As soon as your application is approved and COPR is issued, the application is closed and you have no obligation to inform IRCC of any events that take place post approval.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for your reply. But, the wording of the policy states that I can get Canadian education points even though the program is "entirely" completed through distance learning, part time, or outside Canada.

Actually, in my EE profile there are three new questions pop up:

Did ivicts complete at least 50% of the study or training program's courses through in-person learning?

Did ivicts study in Canada for at least 8 months in order to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

Did ivicts study full-time for at least 8 months to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

I honestly answered "No" on all three of them and I still get Canadian education points in my profile.
The new questions do not seem to ask anything about a study permit, so I guess I do not misrepresent anything right?
So, do I need a study permit to claim the points?
What do you mean by depend on the course?
You can claim points for any Canadian education that is from an approved institution. However, you cannot get PGWP, which would depend on your status and the nature of the program as I responded earlier.

Reactions: theonlyone1

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @legalfalcon

Can you please answer my Query ? I have been waiting for it but you didn't reply last time :( Pls help

Hope you are fine. I landed as a PR of Canada on March and had to return back to my home country in April due to some urgency. I received my PR card and will be going back to Canada within next 2 months. I am thinking of applying for my parents visitor visa before going. I am the only child of my parents.

Considering my above scenario, can i apply inside the "Family Reunification" criteria for the visitor visa sir ? What might be the strongest purpose for my parents to apply for their visit visa?

Actually I am very close to my parents as I don't have any siblings, so in order to settle down in Canada initially I really need my parents to be with me to have emotional support.

Can you please advice me as above? thanks sir

Prakashbe.ckp

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

I received COPR and is going to expire by 31 Mar 23. Being the principal applicant (myself), I need the clarifications on the below

1. Can I land on 02 Mar 23, is it too delayed for the issued COPR validity 31 Mar 23. Hope there would be no issues in the immigration Canada Airport.
2. My Family will land on the same day but they have to return back to India by 15 Mar 23. Does this create any issues and they will return after 6 months to Canada?
3. Hope the PR cards will be delivered for my family along with my PR card in Canada as I will be there in Canada from 02 Mar 23 to collect their PR Cards. If so, then I have to send it to them in India by courier to return back to Canada.

Looking forward to your kind reply in this regard.
Dear Legal Falcon,

Could you please reply to the message as I need your guidance to proceed further?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legal Falcon,

Could you please reply to the message as I need your guidance to proceed further?
Check your PR visa in your passport. You can land at any time before the PR visa expires. COPR has no validity date. It does not expire. The date you see on the COPR will usually be the same date as that which appears on your PR visa.

After you land and are admitted into Canada as a PR, you can stay in Canada for a day, a month, or an hour and leave. It does not matter.

As regards PR cards, it is now taking 60–120 days for them to be delivered. PR cards are individually shipped for each individual.

See https://bit.ly/3M5FmKc

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Can you please answer my Query ? I have been waiting for it but you didn't reply last time :( Pls help

Hope you are fine. I landed as a PR of Canada on March and had to return back to my home country in April due to some urgency. I received my PR card and will be going back to Canada within next 2 months. I am thinking of applying for my parents visitor visa before going. I am the only child of my parents.

Considering my above scenario, can i apply inside the "Family Reunification" criteria for the visitor visa sir ? What might be the strongest purpose for my parents to apply for their visit visa?

Actually I am very close to my parents as I don't have any siblings, so in order to settle down in Canada initially I really need my parents to be with me to have emotional support.

Can you please advice me as above? thanks sir
You can file for a visitor's visa based on your individual circumstances. There is no one purpose that fits all.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
You can file for a visitor's visa based on your individual circumstances. There is no one purpose that fits all.

@legalfalcon thanks

Do you think it might be tough/risky for my parents to get a visit visa if I their daughter, who will be sending them the invitation letter are with them currently in home country during their application?

Do you think if i mention in my letter that I am currently in my home country but will be going back to Canada before my parents come to Canada would solve any risk ?

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

I have got PPR without newborn being added. I have sent all upfront docs to add my baby and its been a month. When can i expect IRCC to add my son to the application. Vo is ottawa

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I have got PPR without newborn being added. I have sent all upfront docs to add my baby and its been a month. When can i expect IRCC to add my son to the application. Vo is ottawa
There is no time frame. It can take 2-3 months after you submit all the documents. Your current COPR and PR visas will be canceled, and after the new born is added, a new PPR will be sent for all family members for the issuance of new PR visas and COPRS for all family members.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks

Do you think it might be tough/risky for my parents to get a visit visa if I their daughter, who will be sending them the invitation letter are with them currently in home country during their application?

Do you think if i mention in my letter that I am currently in my home country but will be going back to Canada before my parents come to Canada would solve any risk ?
How does a PR who is in another country matter? The person who is inviting has to provide an invitation letter, and if all other aspects of a visitors visa are met, the visa will be issued.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Divyaravindran

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon

I had send an email to CIO to check the status of my application. They have replied that the RFV was already sent on 22-July-2022 from new delhi office. There is no update in my profile neither have I received any mail. What shall i do in this case, I am so worried.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
How does a PR who is in another country matter? The person who is inviting has to provide an invitation letter, and if all other aspects of a visitors visa are met, the visa will be issued.
@legalfalcon thanks. I just got two last question.

1.) Would you recommend me to inform IRCC in my invitation letter that currently I am in my home country with my parents? Or I can skip that information?

2.) My parents don't have US visa or previous Canadian visa so should they use the old GC key for their visitor visa application or rather the new portal ? I heard there are many rejections for the new portal applications. What is your advice sir?

VA21202

Mar 8, 2020
There is no time frame. It can take 2-3 months after you submit all the documents. Your current COPR and PR visas will be canceled, and after the new born is added, a new PPR will be sent for all family members for the issuance of new PR visas and COPRS for all family members.
Thanks @legalfalcon! I have a similar circumstance that just emerged today. Just received my PPR and it says I must follow the steps within 30 days including sending the passport to Ottawa within 30 days. It also says please notify via webform immediately if there’s been any major events such as birth/death etc and so I informed about the birth of child and provided a passport copy since it was just issued, using the webform document upload. Do you know what the next step is? Can I safely assume that it’s okay to hold on to my passport for now and that I’ll get a new PPR including newborn later? Will they inform me what docs are required to add my baby? I’m nervous that I won’t hear back at all and then after 30 days they might tell me it’s all been canceled. For context I’m based in the US and have upcoming travel in the next month for H1B stamping so wanted to get some clarity/insights around timeline for this. Appreciate your guidance. Thanks!

slim-shady

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Give it a few days and if it is not approved, you should contact IRCC. However, if your have been issued a COPR, without notification it cannot be cancelled.
Thank you @legalfalcon . I have reached out to IRCC but no response from them yet.

I enquired via an MP and I was informed that my application was approved again on the 20th of July but status on profile still shows submitted.

Can I travel with my existing visa and copr?