+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Dear Legal falcon @legalfalcon

I need your advice regarding my situation.
My application was processed at New Delhi visa office. I came to know on December 2020 only that my application had been approved and COPR was sent to me on Feb, 2020 with CoPR validity till August, 2020 through gcms report. But i didn't receive any email and I just waited thinking that Covid outbreak had delayed everything. After knowing that COPR was already issued, I made repeated webform query to IRCC and email to new delhi visa office but I have received generic response only.
Please suggest me, what to do in this situation?
Are you inland or outland?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
It's like that for most outland applications. Seems IRCC created counterfoil for approved files last year but didn't send passport request email due to the restrictions. I think you fall into that category as well. You can reach IRCC via telephone or send a webform for clarity.

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon please help.

I received a request letter today on my express entry PR portal. They said in the letter,
" This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Although no Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form was included, we have determined that you
may have an unauthorized representative based on the email address and mailing address
provided on your application.
Failure to disclose the use of a compensated representative might be considered misrepresentation.
The consequences of misrepresentation under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the
Citizenship Act could be severe.
Please review this matter carefully. In order for the processing of your application to continue, the
following document(s) are required by 2021-06-28
Use of Representative IMM5476: A signed and completed Use of a Representative form
(IMM5476).
OR
Updated contact information (address, email, telephone, etc.) that is not that of a
representative"

I didn't use any representative and filed my own application.
I called IRCC to confirm what address and email they have on file and they said that they had my current email and one previous email from 2016 for immigration consultant when I applied for my study permit extension and have two addresses one current and one previous which I used when applied for work permit. So they deleted the other address and email.
Just wondering what should I do next? Should I raise a webform? Or should I wait and see? Kindly please help me in this. Thank you so much in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon please help.

I received a request letter today on my express entry PR portal. They said in the letter,
" This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Although no Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form was included, we have determined that you
may have an unauthorized representative based on the email address and mailing address
provided on your application.
Failure to disclose the use of a compensated representative might be considered misrepresentation.
The consequences of misrepresentation under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the
Citizenship Act could be severe.
Please review this matter carefully. In order for the processing of your application to continue, the
following document(s) are required by 2021-06-28
Use of Representative IMM5476: A signed and completed Use of a Representative form
(IMM5476).
OR
Updated contact information (address, email, telephone, etc.) that is not that of a
representative"

I didn't use any representative and filed my own application.
I called IRCC to confirm what address and email they have on file and they said that they had my current email and one previous email from 2016 for immigration consultant when I applied for my study permit extension and have two addresses one current and one previous which I used when applied for work permit. So they deleted the other address and email.
Just wondering what should I do next? Should I raise a webform? Or should I wait and see? Kindly please help me in this. Thank you so much in advance.
Just send a webform informing IRCC of what you informed over the phone for your records. As long as you have informed IRCC there is nothing to be concerned.

zunushrestha

Sep 22, 2018
It's like that for most outland applications. Seems IRCC created counterfoil for approved files last year but didn't send passport request email due to the restrictions. I think you fall into that category as well. You can reach IRCC via telephone or send a webform for clarity.
Thanks for your response.
I tried reaching via telephone but I am unable to speak to an agent due to high volume of calls and all. Do you know when's the best time to call them? Has anyone succeeded in speaking to an agent from outside of Canada?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for your response.
I tried reaching via telephone but I am unable to speak to an agent due to high volume of calls and all. Do you know when's the best time to call them? Has anyone succeeded in speaking to an agent from outside of Canada?
Are you using Dingtone or calling directly with your phone line? What country are you in as well?

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon i need help with a major concern. It's a long story but I'll nake it short. Applied for pr under cec class on feb 2019. Denied on January 2020 due to conditional discharge. That was an error if law and fact made by ircc officer as conditional discharge shouldn't had being an issue for my application. Took ircc to federal court and as we all know covid hit march 2020. Also i became out of status in july 2019 while waiting for my PR. I applied for trp in july 2020 to have status while filing for judicial review. September 2020 got settlement from doj to reopen my file and submit additional documents. Last correspondence from ircc was may 3rd 2021 requesting rcmp clearance which was sent june 14th 2021. Never heard back regarding trp application but at the time immigration lawyer who was helping me with judical review advised me to apply for that to protect myself from being out of status and state i can't even leave even if i wanted to due to covid restrictions. Today i call CIC agent to see if theres any update after receipt of my rcmp clearance and I'm told no updates but then she says for my pr application to be finalized i have to be in legal status and I'm out of status. I told her its due to no fault of mine as i should have had my PR by july 2019 expiry date of visitor visa but got denied due to an error by officer. And i applied for trp and haven't heard since almost 12 months now(still ongoing/pending) but doesn't reflect anywhere as that application was on paper and mailed to Ottawa in july 2020. Will this application be processed at their discretion as it was an error of previous officer hence why it was reopened after settlement offer from DOJ? Please advise

Last edited:

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I just received my ATIP notes for PR application. The Eligibility section mentions missing duties on the job letter, which I tackled proactively by sending them a webform about a month ago with needed info. To your experience, assuming that the updated job letter is acceptable, do officers take these webforms updates in consideration and add back the lost CRS points?

If I may also ask, my notes mention Edmonton as the primary VO, Vancouver as the secondary. Do you know anything about their current status; are they actively processing or not?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Just send a webform informing IRCC of what you informed over the phone for your records. As long as you have informed IRCC there is nothing to be concerned.
Hi @legalfalcon thank you so much for your response. I have submitted the webform regarding it. But I didn't received any confirmation email that they have received it. How do we know? Thank you once again

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thank you so much for your response. I have submitted the webform regarding it. But I didn't received any confirmation email that they have received it. How do we know? Thank you once again
Give it 1-3 weeks.

If you do not get a response, send another webform.

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes i need help with a major concern. It's a long story but I'll nake it short. Applied for pr under cec class on feb 2019. Denied on January 2020 due to conditional discharge. That was an error if law and fact made by ircc officer as conditional discharge shouldn't had being an issue for my application. Took ircc to federal court and as we all know covid hit march 2020. Also i became out of status in july 2019 while waiting for my PR. I applied for trp in july 2020 to have status while filing for judicial review. September 2020 got settlement from doj to reopen my file and submit additional documents. Last correspondence from ircc was may 3rd 2021 requesting rcmp clearance which was sent june 14th 2021. Never heard back regarding trp application but at the time immigration lawyer who was helping me with judical review advised me to apply for that to protect myself from being out of status and state i can't even leave even if i wanted to due to covid restrictions. Today i call CIC agent to see if theres any update after receipt of my rcmp clearance and I'm told no updates but then she says for my pr application to be finalized i have to be in legal status and I'm out of status. I told her its due to no fault of mine as i should have had my PR by july 2019 expiry date of visitor visa but got denied due to an error by officer. And i applied for trp and haven't heard since almost 12 months now(still ongoing/pending) but doesn't reflect anywhere as that application was on paper and mailed to Ottawa in july 2020. Will this application be processed at their discretion as it was an error of previous officer hence why it was reopened after settlement offer from DOJ? Please anyone advise

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon i need help with a major concern. It's a long story but I'll nake it short. Applied for pr under cec class on feb 2019. Denied on January 2020 due to conditional discharge. That was an error if law and fact made by ircc officer as conditional discharge shouldn't had being an issue for my application. Took ircc to federal court and as we all know covid hit march 2020. Also i became out of status in july 2019 while waiting for my PR. I applied for trp in july 2020 to have status while filing for judicial review. September 2020 got settlement from doj to reopen my file and submit additional documents. Last correspondence from ircc was may 3rd 2021 requesting rcmp clearance which was sent june 14th 2021. Never heard back regarding trp application but at the time immigration lawyer who was helping me with judical review advised me to apply for that to protect myself from being out of status and state i can't even leave even if i wanted to due to covid restrictions. Today i call CIC agent to see if theres any update after receipt of my rcmp clearance and I'm told no updates but then she says for my pr application to be finalized i have to be in legal status and I'm out of status. I told her its due to no fault of mine as i should have had my PR by july 2019 expiry date of visitor visa but got denied due to an error by officer. And i applied for trp and haven't heard since almost 12 months now(still ongoing/pending) but doesn't reflect anywhere as that application was on paper and mailed to Ottawa in july 2020. Will this application be processed at their discretion as it was an error of previous officer hence why it was reopened after settlement offer from DOJ? Please advise
It is your responsibility to be in status, and you cannot claim that just because of an error your status expired. Applications can take longer to process, and if you are in Canada, you have to be in status or leave the country when your status expires.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I just received my ATIP notes for PR application. The Eligibility section mentions missing duties on the job letter, which I tackled proactively by sending them a webform about a month ago with needed info. To your experience, assuming that the updated job letter is acceptable, do officers take these webforms updates in consideration and add back the lost CRS points?

If I may also ask, my notes mention Edmonton as the primary VO, Vancouver as the secondary. Do you know anything about their current status; are they actively processing or not?

Thank you in advance.
Hi @legalfalcon , could you please help if you have any insight?

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
It is your responsibility to be in status, and you cannot claim that just because of an error your status expired. Applications can take longer to process, and if you are in Canada, you have to be in status or leave the country when your status expires.
Did you see the part where I said i have a pending TRP application? I applied for TRP as we all know since March 2020 the borders are closed and no one can travel so how was I suppposed to leave the country? Thanks for your response anyways