+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

chunjea93

Mar 19, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
Please give me an advice on my situation. Please help!!

Im currently in the process of getting PR through express entry. I got ita, aor, submitted application and just waiting now.

The problem is that i am out of status and in 90 day period since my iec work permit expired. I have applied for restoration of status as visitor but i havnt heard back yet. Now i am wondering if this will affect my express entry application if my restoration is not done in time. Does anyone have any idea on this?

I am also wondering about the duration of visitor status. I wrote down that i will be in canada for 6 months on the restoration application, because i thought that would be enough time to get my pr approved. Now i am thinking that may not be enough time. Does anyone know if ircc gives the visitor status as it is written on the application?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, hope you are great!
have a question:
my PR was approved yesterday, I can see COPR details on CIC porta, but I do not have actual COPR yet.

I am wondering, if I can change employers while I am waiting for COPR?
I claimed 50 points for job offer. However I have another job offer outstanding (no LMIA).

I was on closed WP until Feb 2021, I have approved BOWP.
If you have waited this sponge, just wait for a few more days until your receive the COPR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does this apply if I applied via paper-based PNP and I want to apply again either via CEC or the new public policy?
No one knows as there is no policy published, but IRCC will still go by avoiding duplicity of work and not process two applications.

AJ0007

Apr 22, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon I have got some doubts about changing martial status after AOR . I have received my AOR on March 2020. Later in May 2020 I moved in with my Girlfriend and started living together. We have all the necessary documents to show our relationship. Our commonlaw relationship will be only effective on may 2021 . Due to backlog in the March 2020 still my background check is in progress.
My questions are :
1. If am not receiving my Copr by May 2021 . Will I be able to add her in to the file ??
2. if yes , how long it will be taking to add the partner and what will be the processing time for that ?
3. Or , Should I sponsor her after receiving the PR ? (Which is what I thought but delay in the processing made me confused )

Please help me out.

TIA

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon sir,
I got my PR application approved today. And I could see the copr number which is not clickable or downloadable. The COPR validity mentioned is May 7, 2021 (medicals expiry date also same). Since the expiry date is too near, is it sufficient to get the COPR docs on email? Please advise sir.
Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon sir,
I got my PR application approved today. And I could see the copr number which is not clickable or downloadable. The COPR validity mentioned is May 7, 2021 (medicals expiry date also same). Since the expiry date is too near, is it sufficient to get the COPR docs on email? Please advise sir.
Thank you!
If you are in Canada, it does not matter what the validity date is, as you will receive a COPR which is signed and stamped.

Reactions: amala1611

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I have got some doubts about changing martial status after AOR . I have received my AOR on March 2020. Later in May 2020 I moved in with my Girlfriend and started living together. We have all the necessary documents to show our relationship. Our commonlaw relationship will be only effective on may 2021 . Due to backlog in the March 2020 still my background check is in progress.
My questions are :
1. If am not receiving my Copr by May 2021 . Will I be able to add her in to the file ??
2. if yes , how long it will be taking to add the partner and what will be the processing time for that ?
3. Or , Should I sponsor her after receiving the PR ? (Which is what I thought but delay in the processing made me confused )

Please help me out.

TIA
1. Irrespective of whether your receive you COPR or not, if your family composition changes, you have to inform IRCC can add your spouse. / CL partner to your application whether accompanying to not. Not doing so is misrepresentation.

2. a few months.

3. see 1.

Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless
  • the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.
If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details.
Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).
Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.
Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon, I received ITA and i am about to submit my application for PR through CEC. I am currently in Canada on Post graduate permit.
I just got diagnosed yesterday with active tuberculosis as my culture test were positive and I will begin treatment next Thursday.
The treatment usually lasts for around 6 to 9 months and my Post graduate permit expires in December 2021..
What happens if i am still following treatment in Canada and my permit expires? Will I be on implied status provided that I submit my PR application?
Thank you so much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon, I received ITA and i am about to submit my application for PR through CEC. I am currently in Canada on Post graduate permit.
I just got diagnosed yesterday with active tuberculosis as my culture test were positive and I will begin treatment next Thursday.
The treatment usually lasts for around 6 to 9 months and my Post graduate permit expires in December 2021..
What happens if i am still following treatment in Canada and my permit expires? Will I be on implied status provided that I submit my PR application?
Thank you so much.
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hope you feel better and get well soon.

There are two things that you need to be aware of.

1. Just by submitting a PR application, and if your WP / study permit expires, you DO NOT go on implied status. After your study permit expires, you have two options, apply for PGWP or BOWP (since your PR application has been submitted). Only when your application for a TRV is pending, and your current visa / permit has expired, only then you are deemed to be on implied status, until a decision on your TRV is made.

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

2. As regards your Active TB. Having Active TB by itself does not make you medically inadmissible into Canada. You will have to take the medication for 6-9 months, usually soniazid (INH) rifampin (RIF) ethambutol (EMB) pyrazinamide (PZA), or a combination as prescribed by your physician.

Also, your PR application when approved, will place you under medical surveillance, and you will have to comply with all necessary surveillance requirements, including reporting to any public health authorities. See https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/tools/medic/physicians/documents/pdf/english.pdf

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imei_tuberculosis.pdf

Reactions: KH2112

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I'd like to ask some advise, I have recently received my GCMS notes from IRCC. According to the notes, my eligibility and criminality has already passed, although my online account has not reflected these updates. The criminality and eligibility sections were "Passed" as of December 2020, so my guess that security is ongoing now, but that section has been deprecated, since the GCMS was from IRCC. Do you think I should get GCMS notes from CSBA too? Given that it's been more than 4month now, do you think I would be able to see some relevant updates if I did get GCMS notes from CSBA?

Thank you in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I'd like to ask some advise, I have recently received my GCMS notes from IRCC. According to the notes, my eligibility and criminality has already passed, although my online account has not reflected these updates. The criminality and eligibility sections were "Passed" as of December 2020, so my guess that security is ongoing now, but that section has been deprecated, since the GCMS was from IRCC. Do you think I should get GCMS notes from CSBA too? Given that it's been more than 4month now, do you think I would be able to see some relevant updates if I did get GCMS notes from CSBA?

Thank you in advance.
If your security is redacted on page 2, then it is in progress or passed. Security takes 110 days, so wait for some time. Also, not all cBSA notes will give your that info,

Instead check the section on Admissibilities and Activities in your GCMS notes to see when the security was initiated.

To read on security and how it is done, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
If your security is redacted on page 2, then it is in progress or passed. Security takes 110 days, so wait for some time. Also, not all cBSA notes will give your that info,

Instead check the section on Admissibilities and Activities in your GCMS notes to see when the security was initiated.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. In my notes, it just says "Security: 1", but no date indicating where it may have been started or any other information really apart from my name and UCI#. Unlike the "Criminality" section where it has date created, status, and other relevant information.

Regards,
Michael

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon,

Thank you in advance.
Raise a web form or call to inquire, it will be faster.