+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thank you. I booked the FD on the 6th of may, however I got ita on Wednesday, do I need to rebook it and extend for more than 6 moths ? The current one is to run for six months.
If you are using Fixed Deposits you will have to include the copy of the fixed deposit certificate. Preferably the Fixed Deposit should be in the name of the Primary Applicant, or joint name of the PA and spouse. If the FD held jointly with PA and parent, then the parent will have to sign a gift deed.

The FD should be of a duration more than 6 months and preferably done before ITA or as soon as ITA was received.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for all the support and insight, this thread seems to be really helpful, but quite long thus haven't been able to read through all of it. I am posting my query, but please forgive me if something similar has already been asked.

EE-FSW post ITA (with spouse, accompanying travel), filling out the eAPR & preparing documents.

A. For proof of funds:

1. My bank has issued me a signed, stamped letter stating the following:
My name, Address, Bank account number, account type, Account open date, Current Balance, Average balance (12 mos), Account holders (joint with spouse).. It does not give transaction details, nor does it give a monthly average / closing balance.​
They have issued 1 letter per account (each account has separate letter). I think that should still be ok?

2. I am planning to add to this, a disclaimer by my spouse clarifying that the funds are intended for use once immigrated to Canada. That is optional, but I am adding, should be ok?

3. Would I need account statements for the past 6 months, notarized by a bank official to be added as well? I am concerned about this as I have a car load and a student loan that I am paying off that, if that will raise a flag with IRCC once I add detailed transaction level summary. (My salary goes into all my accounts based on need).

Would there be anything else I need to consider/add?
B. For educational documents

1. When filling out my EE profile (in early May), I had a Master's degree, which was already evaluated to Canadian Masters equivalent by WES. I had not entered my Bachelors there, instead just included Bachelors in personal history. Would I then be required to put in my bachelors transcripts and degree along with LoE or someplace else? (since I am mentioning it in my personal history at least).
  • If Yes, would I need to add degree certificate as well as certified mark-sheets (signed by college asst. registrar), or would just a scanned (not signed) copy of the mark sheets suffice?
2. I will be completing my MBA (part time) in June. I will be getting my degree certificate then as well. As per my understanding, this will be mentioned in my personal history. Would it be ok since it would overlap with my current work as well?

3. For my Master's degree, when uploading documents post-ITA, I would add the degree certificate (diploma), the WES ECA scanned. Would I also need to add in transcripts?
  • If yes for the transcripts, would it need to be official transcripts or would unofficially auto-generated transcripts suffice?

EDIT: Added a question
C. Reference Letter (experience)
1. I am getting my reference letter on the company letter head, signed by my HR officer (personnel office as called out in CIC website). Would it need the HR's business card as well? Could there be an issue if its not included, the title of the officer would be "Global Competency Development & Workforce Planning Manager".

2. I think this has been answered before, the 6 years of work experience I have is essentially same duties but two different titles (same NOC, even two titles are listed in NOC description in CIC website) . The reference letter also states the same (calls out two position titles held), I just wanted to confirm that since I entered two line items in the work history section, can I upload the same reference letter in the employment section for both and add in clarification regarding same in LoE.​

Thanks so much in advance for the insights so far

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for all the support and insight, this thread seems to be really helpful, but quite long thus haven't been able to read through all of it. I am posting my query, but please forgive me if something similar has already been asked.

EE-FSW post ITA (with spouse, accompanying travel), filling out the eAPR & preparing documents.

A. For proof of funds:

1. My bank has issued me a signed, stamped letter stating the following:
My name, Address, Bank account number, account type, Account open date, Current Balance, Average balance (12 mos), Account holders (joint with spouse).. It does not give transaction details, nor does it give a monthly average / closing balance.​
They have issued 1 letter per account (each account has separate letter). I think that should still be ok?

A separate letter for each account works well as long as the cumulative value of all accounts is over the required CAD depending on the number of people on your application.

2. I am planning to add to this, a disclaimer by my spouse clarifying that the funds are intended for use once immigrated to Canada. That is optional, but I am adding, should be ok?

If your accounts are joint accounts with your spouse, then you will need to get an affidavit from your spouse declaring that (s)he authorizes the use of funds for being used after you immigrate to Canada. When you say disclaimer, I am not sure if you are adding it to the LoE or the bank letters itself.

3. Would I need account statements for the past 6 months, notarized by a bank official to be added as well? I am concerned about this as I have a car load and a student loan that I am paying off that, if that will raise a flag with IRCC once I add detailed transaction level summary. (My salary goes into all my accounts based on need).

You DO NOT need notarized bank account letters. A letter from a bank or a financial institution on their letter head is sufficient. If you do have loans you are paying off, your bank will most likely show them in the reference letters or it will be reflected on the account statements. If you have adequate funds after deducting the loans, there is nothing to worry. IRCC states the following:

• The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Available at - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Would there be anything else I need to consider/add?

As discussed above, there is nothing more you need as long as you comply with IRCC requirements.
B. For educational documents

1. When filling out my EE profile (in early May), I had a Master's degree, which was already evaluated to Canadian Masters equivalent by WES. I had not entered my Bachelors there, instead just included Bachelors in personal history. Would I then be required to put in my bachelors transcripts and degree along with LoE or someplace else? (since I am mentioning it in my personal history at least).

No, only the highest degree is required. There is no need for your to get your bachelors evaluated or even upload any transcripts for it.
  • If Yes, would I need to add degree certificate as well as certified mark-sheets (signed by college asst. registrar), or would just a scanned (not signed) copy of the mark sheets suffice?
2. I will be completing my MBA (part time) in June. I will be getting my degree certificate then as well. As per my understanding, this will be mentioned in my personal history. Would it be ok since it would overlap with my current work as well?

YEs, if you are outside Canada work done along with your education can be used to claim points for work experience. There is no problem when your education and work overlap. Only if your are a student in Canada, you cannot use work experience gained along with your education.

3. For my Master's degree, when uploading documents post-ITA, I would add the degree certificate (diploma), the WES ECA scanned. Would I also need to add in transcripts?
  • If yes for the transcripts, would it need to be official transcripts or would unofficially auto-generated transcripts suffice?
  • Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.
    • A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
    • Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution
  • Available at - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
No need for transcript as you have the ECA.

EDIT: Added a question
C. Reference Letter (experience)
1. I am getting my reference letter on the company letter head, signed by my HR officer (personnel office as called out in CIC website). Would it need the HR's business card as well? Could there be an issue if its not included, the title of the officer would be "Global Competency Development & Workforce Planning Manager".

There is no requirement for the business card.

The reference letter should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company). As long as you have all these, you are good. This too is available at the link mentioned above.

2. I think this has been answered before, the 6 years of work experience I have is essentially same duties but two different titles (same NOC, even two titles are listed in NOC description in CIC website) . The reference letter also states the same (calls out two position titles held), I just wanted to confirm that since I entered two line items in the work history section, can I upload the same reference letter in the employment section for both and add in clarification regarding same in LoE.

YEs, you can.

Thanks so much in advance for the insights so far

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. I booked the FD on the 6th of may, however I got ita on Wednesday, do I need to rebook it and extend for more than 6 moths ? The current one is to run for six months.

If your got your FD before the ITA and have it at least for 6 months, there is no requirement for you to renew it. It is good and if IRCC needs any additional documents, they will ask for it.

Reactions: systems.engineer

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have been living in Canada for six years, I finished my study, and now I am on work visa. I do not have any idea of work opportunity back home! I do not know what I can respond, if I want to respond honestly, I have no idea of job opportunity over there!

The question is simply asking you what employment plans do you have? If you are on a post graduate work permit, which is a part of your student visa. A student visa is a non-immigrant visa where upon the collation of your studies you have to leave and head back. Even though you may be married to a Canadian citizen, if you applied under Express Entry, you have to comply with your current visa status.

So simply give your plans after you finish studying and write that you plan to do .......
[/QUOTE]

I cannot answer the question in abstract. I have no idea what you are studying or what field you are in. Usually all students who come as international students to study, do have a basic idea what they would do after graduating. This is what something you would have even written in your letter of interest to the educational institution you applied to.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
...If your accounts are joint accounts with your spouse, then you will need to get an affidavit from your spouse declaring that (s)he authorizes the use of funds for being used after you immigrate to Canada...
Thanks for the exhaustive reply with the references @legalfalcon,

Great crisp advice!!

One clarification regarding PoF & joint accounts:

1. When I said, 'disclaimer', I was thinking signed letter. When you said affidavit, it says to me, some kind of a letter/sworn statement that is notarized.
Would such a affidavit be a requirement if the joint account is that which is held with the accompanying spouse as well?

Thanks
S

ajaiverghese

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Legal Falcon,

Really appreciate the time and effort you dedicate to clarify our queries,
We have received our ITA and is in the process of filling out the PR application and collating the documents.
I have some queries about filling the Application and documents required.
We are a family of three,Wife(primary applicant,Husband and 3 year old child)

• in the Personal details section under the family header, we find this."Please tell us about XY's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application".Since the husband and child are included in the application and have separate section to fill under Spouse and dependent child categories, i'm assuming that their details are not required in this section.But we need to fill in details of all other blood relatives(Father /mother/siblings)who are not accompanying us to Canada.Am i comprehending this correctly?
  • Under the travel history header(of the primary applicant),there is this. "has XY,and if applicable,XY's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin in the last 10 years".My wife (primary applicant)has not traveled abroad, but I(spouse)have traveled outside of our country for work and those details have been filled out in the travel history section under spouse details header.Do we need to add the spouse's(or any other family members-say siblings)- travel details in the primary applicant section as well?
  • I(spouse)have traveled to UK for business and training for 8 weeks ,as part of my current employment in India.Since this is part of my current employment,though at a different location,do i have to change anything in the work history(i was in the london office for 2 months).I have include d the address i stayed in UK in the address history.From UK i traveled to various places in Europe for 3 Days on a Schengen Visa ,I dont have the addresses of the hotels i stayed, do i need to include that in the address history?Currently i have updated the details of this 8 weeks business trip,only in the travel history and the address history, Does it have to reflect in the work history or personal history?
  • We both have completed our ECA(for both graduate and postgraduate studies) and has our WES reports.We also have our degree certificate and mark lists . Although I arranged for university to send out the transcipts to WES, for my ECA, the university hasn't provided me with a copy.In the CIC document check list, they have mentioned this.
    • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
    • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
    Is this mandatory?
  • We have fixed deposits receipts(which has been dated from more than six months prior) from bank in the name of the primary applicant. Also a bank document stating that XY hold these accounts with the bank and it totals to XY canadian dollars and There are no liabilities against it.Although they have not mentioned that this accounts has been with them since six months .But the FD receipts have date of deposit as more than six months prior, would that suffice?Also i have transferred some money into my wifes account for another FD which is not yet six months old for which i am giving her a gift deed(is an affidavit also required?).Is there a specific format for Gift deed and/or affidavit?If you could direct us to specific formats required, it would be really helpful.
I know its a lot of questions,but would be really grateful if you could help us out.
Cheers
Ajai

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,
I received ITA this week.
I am writing on behalf of my spouse who is working as a primary school teacher.

While filing the application for PR, I found the personal history section confusing.

1. When I opened my personal history page, it had the education details pre-filled.
The education history starts from year 1999 (Bachelors' degree starting date).
Since the personal history is asked for the last 10 years only, should I delete the education details from that page and mention only the work details for the last 10 years.

The personal details section looks like this :

(a) 1999/07 to 2002/06 - Bachelors degree (pre-existing in the application)
(b) 2002/7 to 2003/6 - Bachelors in Education (pre-existing in the application)
(c) 2004/07 to 2006/01 - Job
(d) 2006/4 to till date - Job

Should I mention only the details (d) above which covers the last 10 years details.

Between the two jobs, there is a gap of 2 months as you can see above, that 2 months she worked on Adhoc basis. The employment offers starts from 2006/04 and does not cover the Adhoc period of 2 months. Can I ignore those 2 months or insist the employer to provide experience certificates for that period as well.

Please help and clarify this doubt.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the exhaustive reply with the references @legalfalcon,

Great crisp advice!!

One clarification regarding PoF & joint accounts:

1. When I said, 'disclaimer', I was thinking signed letter. When you said affidavit, it says to me, some kind of a letter/sworn statement that is notarized.
Would such a affidavit be a requirement if the joint account is that which is held with the accompanying spouse as well?

An affidavit or a notarized letter is not a requirement, however, it provides legal sanity to the document. Getting is notarized (which is a cheap quick process) makes the document legally valid and removes any questions of fraud.

Usually, the joint account are of two kinds. Joint Tenants With Rights Of Survivorship Account and Joint Tenants In Common Account. The former is available on to married or couple recognized in common law. The later is for business partners. This further differs from country to country. Since IRCC is unaware of the kind of account you have the privileges you have in the account, a simple notarization takes care of all that.

Thanks
S

Reactions: systix and denapr

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon,

Really appreciate the time and effort you dedicate to clarify our queries,
We have received our ITA and is in the process of filling out the PR application and collating the documents.
I have some queries about filling the Application and documents required.
We are a family of three,Wife(primary applicant,Husband and 3 year old child)

• in the Personal details section under the family header, we find this."Please tell us about XY's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application".Since the husband and child are included in the application and have separate section to fill under Spouse and dependent child categories, i'm assuming that their details are not required in this section.But we need to fill in details of all other blood relatives(Father /mother/siblings)who are not accompanying us to Canada.Am i comprehending this correctly?
YEs, IRCC is asking you for the details of your immediate family, which includes your parents and siblings. This is done to run their names through security checks and identify if there are any potential issues. This is also done, sine after an applicant become a PR or a citizen (s)he can sponsor immediate blood relatives. So IRCC wants to be sure beforehand.
  • Under the travel history header(of the primary applicant),there is this. "has XY,and if applicable,XY's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin in the last 10 years".My wife (primary applicant)has not traveled abroad, but I(spouse)have traveled outside of our country for work and those details have been filled out in the travel history section under spouse details header.Do we need to add the spouse's(or any other family members-say siblings)- travel details in the primary applicant section as well?
No, only details of the people mentioned in the application, i.e. you family, the PA and the dependents who are applying for PR is required. If you have your details in the travel history, and the PA and you children have not travelled abroad, no need to mention their details.
  • I(spouse)have traveled to UK for business and training for 8 weeks ,as part of my current employment in India.Since this is part of my current employment,though at a different location,do i have to change anything in the work history(i was in the london office for 2 months).I have include d the address i stayed in UK in the address history.From UK i traveled to various places in Europe for 3 Days on a Schengen Visa ,I dont have the addresses of the hotels i stayed, do i need to include that in the address history?Currently i have updated the details of this 8 weeks business trip,only in the travel history and the address history, Does it have to reflect in the work history or personal history?
If you are not the PA, there is no need to add this to work history as you don't get points for it. However, you will need to update your travel history and if you cannot provide addresses for short trips, this is fine. If IRCC needs it, they will ask, but highly unlikely. If you have lived for less than 6 months in a foreign country you do not need PCC for it.
  • We both have completed our ECA(for both graduate and postgraduate studies) and has our WES reports.We also have our degree certificate and mark lists . Although I arranged for university to send out the transcipts to WES, for my ECA, the university hasn't provided me with a copy.In the CIC document check list, they have mentioned this.
    • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
    • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
    Is this mandatory?
Where ECA has been obtained IRCC wants the following:

• Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.
    • A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
    • Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The transcripts and copies of degrees is only needed for Canadian Education. However, if you have the diplomas, there is no harm in uploading. What you don't have, you don't need to, although it is not required.

• We have fixed deposits receipts(which has been dated from more than six months prior) from bank in the name of the primary applicant. Also a bank document stating that XY hold these accounts with the bank and it totals to XY canadian dollars and There are no liabilities against it.Although they have not mentioned that this accounts has been with them since six months .But the FD receipts have date of deposit as more than six months prior, would that suffice?Also i have transferred some money into my wifes account for another FD which is not yet six months old for which i am giving her a gift deed(is an affidavit also required?).Is there a specific format for Gift deed and/or affidavit?If you could direct us to specific formats required, it would be really helpful.
For the fixed deposit, the FD document is a sufficient proof of its duration. If the bank can write it, that would be great, or else you can mention that in your LoE. If you as the spouse are named in the applicant, you do not need to give a gift deed. A simply notarized affidavit is sufficient. The format can be found online. I cannot draft one for you as they would go into providing legal advice and drafting. But if you search online, you can find them. If you are unable to find, send me a PM.

I know its a lot of questions,but would be really grateful if you could help us out.
Cheers
Ajai
Hope this helps!

Reactions: ajaiverghese

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

My spouse's name is different in her education documents and post marriage her name has changed. Her passport, marriage certificate and IELTS are in the new name. I have got her ECA done for her education and the ECA is in the old name since the certificates are in old name. I have claimed points for her ECA. While filling EE profile i mentioned yes for the question Has he/she been known by another name.

Now my question is, in case i receive an ITA and while submitting her documents i will be submitting her ECA and rest of the documents which are in different names. Do i have to get a notarized affidavit for change of name or just her passport and marriage certificate with an LOE would suffice. I believe education certificates, ECA and IELTS score are to be placed in a single folder

Pls advice

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hello Legalfalcon,
thanks a lot for your help.please,i have a couple of questions.
1)if i was in the US for a period of five months on a tourist visa, do i need to include the address in d address history ?
2)also i was in employment for the first month of that duration and became unemployed, so in filling the personal history, in answering the question of where this activity(unemployment period) took place do i choose the U.S or my home country?
3) in filling the personal history for my husband,

university.....1/1/15- date(ongoing)
company_ 2/8/15- 5/12/15
company 2- 4/7/16- 8-10-16
He has some part time jobs, how do i include these since there has been no break in schooling?
is the above correct?

4) i only evaluated my masters degree, do i need to include my undegraduate and secondary school education?

thank you..

Last edited:

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks Legalfalcon. I am certain that recruitment officers come under NOC code 1223 as many jobs on job bank for recruiters have this code mentioned.

My only concern now is that the duties mentioned by cic have a mix of HR and recruitment.My duties are primarily into recruitment. So i dont have a lot of duties mtching.Also duties mentioned by CIC seem quite specific to recruiting graduates from univeristies etc. I hope they look beyond that as my work is in the private sector handling recruitment at a senior level.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Not an issue with what you have selected. When the duties in NOC overlap deference will be given to the NOC you have chosen when the duties on your work reference letters reflects similarity.

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
Hi, does job experience have to be related to past studies ?