17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I forgot to add the name of my stepmum in my personal history. Will that be an issue or do you think I should raise a webform for it? Though I don't know how it works.

My AOR is DEC 2020 and our MEP/BIL has not be released by IRCC yet.
My wife is the primary applicant while I'm the secondary applicant.

Thank you always.

You do not have to list your step parents in your application, only your biological parents or parents who have legally adopted you have to be listed with your siblings, along with your immediate family, i.e. spouse and children.

Reactions: Niyiid

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
You do not have to list your step parents in your application, only your biological parents or parents who have legally adopted you have to be listed with your siblings, along with your immediate family, i.e. spouse and children.
Thank you @legalfalcon

aviky

Jan 30, 2021
Hey @legalfalcon, may I please seek your advice on my PR situation. As per the recent GCMS notes, my application is all approved, however it is not yet finalized. It has been stuck like this for over 9 months now. My spouse is enrolled into a MS program, which we already deferred once but can't do so anymore so now she's taking the course online from Jan 2021. We would prefer that her entire course doesn't happen online. Moreover, it will be important to gain some required Canadian work experience. And, we are also paying the international tuition. So, could these be good enough reasons to request IRCC to finalize my application. I'm in USA and there's no travel ban on me to travel to Canada via land border. However, if my reasons are not good enough then is there anything I could do to request an action on my application.

Thank you for your time @legalfalcon.

Last edited:

SijuJoseph

Jan 26, 2020
Hi Manmeet Rai/ @legalfalcon and all other group members,
I am a PNP candidate ( Nova Scotia ), Consists family of 4,my AOR is 19th feb 2020, Country of residence India.

My medical ( of all family members) will expire these days ( by February 2). No remed request or extension until now.

My security not initiated yet( I got all these information through our local MP last week ). No confirmation on eligibility also.

Thinking of ordering notes. What do you think? Which one is advisable? GCMS or CBSA( I am confused about CBSA since my security didn't started yet)
Please guide me.

NB: I have a consultant and my file is handling by him. I don't want to order notes through him.
Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon, may I please seek your advice on my PR situation. As per the recent GCMS notes, my application is all approved, however it is not yet finalized. It has been stuck like this for over 9 months now. My spouse is enrolled into a MS program, which we already deferred once but can't do so anymore so now she's taking the course online from Jan 2021. We would prefer that her entire course doesn't happen online. Moreover, it will be important to gain some required Canadian work experience. And, we are also paying the international tuition. So, could these be good enough reasons to request IRCC to finalize my application. I'm in USA and there's no travel ban on me to travel to Canada via land border. However, if my reasons are not good enough then is there anything I could do to request an action on my application.

Thank you for your time @legalfalcon.

Unfortunately you cannot do anything to expedite the process. You can surely request, but it won't be of much help. You will have to wait it out. There are many applicants in similar position, who have been waiting and have job offers and admission offers in Canadian universities.

Also see page 2 of your GCMS notes, even though your application may say approved, it will still be open.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am a PNP candidate ( Nova Scotia ), Consists family of 4,my AOR is 19th feb 2020, Country of residence India.

My medical ( of all family members) will expire these days ( by February 2). No remed request or extension until now.

My security not initiated yet( I got all these information through our local MP last week ). No confirmation on eligibility also.

Thinking of ordering notes. What do you think? Which one is advisable? GCMS or CBSA( I am confused about CBSA since my security didn't started yet)
Please guide me.

NB: I have a consultant and my file is handling by him. I don't want to order notes through him.
Thanks in advance

Answered on another thread or group.

Reactions: SijuJoseph

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance
Here is a comprehensive guide to requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA. See https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Reactions: SijuJoseph

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
1. Your JD do not have to have to be exactly as the JDs of the NOC selected, they just have to substantially match.

2. Even without the document if you do not lose CRS, then just leave it there, in case any other work experience has issues, and this might be the safety net.
Hi @legalfalcon
This is regarding the above reply to my question back in Dec. After you mentioned that even without that experience( my experience is above 3 yrs without this job experience)and so better to have it as a safety net, I have decided to keep it as it is.

However, if at all, the NOC match is not substantial enough for that experience, wouldn't that led to refusal ?

Please advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
This is regarding the above reply to my question back in Dec. After you mentioned that even without that experience( my experience is above 3 yrs without this job experience)and so better to have it as a safety net, I have decided to keep it as it is.

However, if at all, the NOC match is not substantial enough for that experience, wouldn't that led to refusal ?

Please advise.
If you already meet the CRS with the experience you have claimed points for, i.e. 3 or more years for CRS and 6 and more years for MEC, then any experience beyond that time frame will not be a factor to determine your eligibility.

However, for the work experience for which you have claimed points, all pre-requisites as required by IRCC, including NOC have to match.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
If you already meet the CRS with the experience you have claimed points for, i.e. 3 or more years for CRS and 6 and more years for MEC, then any experience beyond that time frame will not be a factor to determine your eligibility.

However, for the work experience for which you have claimed points, all pre-requisites as required by IRCC, including NOC have to match.
Thanks for reply @legalfalcon
May I know what is the MEC - 6 years and above? - clearly I dont have 6 years and above experience and only claimed points for 3 years and above.
My experience is as below:
Company 1 - 8months (this is the experience I am concerned about)
Company 2 - 2.8 years
Company 3 - close to 2 years and working in that company currently.

Is it ok to keep the Company A as such ?
Thanks in Advance!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for reply @legalfalcon
May I know what is the MEC - 6 years and above? - clearly I dont have 6 years and above experience and only claimed points for 3 years and above.
My experience is as below:
Company 1 - 8months (this is the experience I am concerned about)
Company 2 - 2.8 years
Company 3 - close to 2 years and working in that company currently.

Is it ok to keep the Company A as such ?
Thanks in Advance!!

For MEC see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

If you have 67 points out of 100, you will meet the MEC.

For CRS you get maximum points for 3 year of work experience.

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
When the COPR is sent for printing it the validity of it is set based on the documents on file, i.e. medicals and passport. Even if you get a passport renewed, they will use the new passport and it should not have been returned.

It could be that when you sent the offices were closed and they were not printing any documents. You can try sending it again.

Usually when the passports are returned by the embassy, there is a letter in it stating the reason.
Hi

for the benefit of everyone sharing my experience. My passport was returned without stamp and I resent it for stamping. This time it came stamped along with COPR within 2 days. It must have been officer's oversight at first.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi

for the benefit of everyone sharing my experience. My passport was returned without stamp and I resent it for stamping. This time it came stamped along with COPR within 2 days. It must have been officer's oversight at first.
Congratulations!!

Oversights do happen, but between September and December, there are significant delays and office closures. That could be the reason too or as you mentioned an oversight, though very unlikely.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon how does one know if security is started or no? Does it show “in progress” on gcms notes or will the IRCC agent be able to look it up for us?

Security is always redacted in the GCMS notes. Security for most will only start after eligibility has bene conclusively passed.

To know if your eligibility is conclusively passed, see my previous post #4,004

Also, if your security is blank, it is in progress or passed. To read on how GCMS notes look like when security is in progress and how security screening is done, see
https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: Dikku1111