17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

yes i had received PR in the year 2015 and was in canada for 25 days and then came back to home country ( was dependant or child backthen).

i was not aware of PRTD on H&C grounds, so thought of applying.
You can try H&C, which is discretionary.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Government of Canada introduces further restrictions on international travel

Quick facts
  • Travellers entering Canada have a responsibility to make suitable arrangements for mandatory quarantine, which begins on the day they enter Canada. They are also required to submit COVID-19 related information electronically daily.
  • Failure to provide accurate information is an offence under the Quarantine Act. In addition, violating any quarantine or isolation instructions provided to travellers by a Screening Officer or quarantine officer when entering Canada is also an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to serious penalties, including six months in prison and/or $750,000 in fines.
  • PHAC currently contacts more than 6,500 travellers each day through phone calls, which verify their compliance with the mandatory isolation order.
  • As of January 26, 2021, 99% of the 48,682 interventions by law enforcement have resulted in compliance by travellers. However, in a minority of cases, verbal warnings, written warnings, tickets, and charges have been issued.
  • The Government of Canada is working directly with Aéroports de Montréal to offer voluntary testing on-site at the Montréal-Trudeau International Airport for arriving international travellers who wish to take a test before leaving the airport. This testing pilot project is in addition to those at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport and the Calgary International Airport.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Hi @legalfalcon
My joining letter, transfer letter, relieve letter and salary slips are in my native language. So in addition to the translated copy do i need to attach the originals??
I mean just original?
or i need to notarize the photo copy of the original documents?
Or i need both photo copy that is notrized plus original?
Please help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
My joining letter, transfer letter, relieve letter and salary slips are in my native language. So in addition to the translated copy do i need to attach the originals??
I mean just original?
or i need to notarize the photo copy of the original documents?
Or i need both photo copy that is notrized plus original?
Please help.
The documents you have to upload are as follows:

• of the original document, or
  • of the certified copy of the original document, and
  • certified by a certified translator, or in the event that the translation cannot be provided by a certified translator, it must be accompanied by an affidavit, and
  • included with the application

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html

Jordan510

Nov 27, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I hope you are doing great. I really appreciate your help that you have been providing to the people. I would like to have your views on my gcms that I received recently I’m March 2020 aor with criminality and info sharing in progress. I was bio pending till October. I provided them in mid of October and I requested gcms in the beginning of December. There has been no change in my gcms except this section

GROUP NAME :1
Created Date: ————
Created By:————-
Updated date:————-
Updated by:————
Group # 2-U4S73G
Name: Pending Biometrics
Type: PR-Temporary process

I don’t know why does it says bio pending even i have provide my bio before i have been added to this group. And I am really concerned about Type: PR-Temporary process. Can you please help me to understand what it is. I am about the hit a year of waiting now in the coming month.
Thanks alot sir.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I hope you are doing great. I really appreciate your help that you have been providing to the people. I would like to have your views on my gcms that I received recently I’m March 2020 aor with criminality and info sharing in progress. I was bio pending till October. I provided them in mid of October and I requested gcms in the beginning of December. There has been no change in my gcms except this section

GROUP NAME :1
Created Date: ————
Created By:————-
Updated date:————-
Updated by:————
Group # 2-U4S73G
Name: Pending Biometrics
Type: PR-Temporary process

I don’t know why does it says bio pending even i have provide my bio before i have been added to this group. And I am really concerned about Type: PR-Temporary process. Can you please help me to understand what it is. I am about the hit a year of waiting now in the coming month.
Thanks alot sir.
Were you exempt from giving biometrics based on the fact that you had given biometrics before?

After you give the biometrics, they are shared for info-sharing and with RCMP to be run though their system.

RCMP has to run the following steps:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Only after this is done, will your biometrics and criminality be passed.d Also, after the results are in, they have to be updated In your file by the officer. Many application are pending due to administrative delays, so no need to be concerned.

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
As per IRCC, biographical pages, and pages with visas, markings and stamps have to be uploaded for expired passports and all pages of the current passport.

If the file size is too big, you can include them along with LoE, or send them separately through a webform.
Hello @legalfalcon Can you please mention the link that refers to the official IRCC documentation where they mentioned the optional requirement for submitting the old passport?
Appreciate your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon Can you please mention the link that refers to the official IRCC documentation where they mentioned the optional requirement for submitting the old passport?
Appreciate your help!

IRCC does not mention uploading old passports. However, in the past some applicants have received ADRs to submit old passport or valid visas in the old passports and scans of the entire current passport, even if it is blank. Also read the instructions next to the upload window.

Also to avoid any ADRs, you should upload your current passport, and any markings and valid visas in your old passport. When you get an ADR, it adds tp your processing time.

The requirements for all documents required is available athttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

However, some of it differs from the instructions next to the upload window in your MyCIC account. So follow the applications prompts which requires all markings and visas. Since you can have valid visas even on expired passports, you should submit scans of old passports, if it has markings

The instructions on your MyCIC state:

Where as the instructions as per the link shared above state:

Copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document
Purpose
To confirm the applicant's identity
Document requirements
  • A clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document must be provided.
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their accompanying dependent children
If you read both the instructions, you should err in providing more than what is asked and the reasonable interpretation would be to provide a scan of the "biographical pages, and pages with visas, markings and stamps of your current and expired passports, and all pages of the current passport."

Passport is just an identity documents, and does not have any impact on your eligibility. However, when there is an ambiguity, always provide more and disclose more than what is essential, if it doesn't harm you.

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
IRCC does not mention uploading old passports. However, in the past some applicants have received ADRs to submit old passport or valid visas in the old passports and scans of the entire current passport, even if it is blank. Also read the instructions next to the upload window.

Also to avoid any ADRs, you should upload your current passport, and any markings and valid visas in your old passport. When you get an ADR, it adds tp your processing time.

The requirements for all documents required is available athttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

However, some of it differs from the instructions next to the upload window in your MyCIC account. So follow the applications prompts which requires all markings and visas. Since you can have valid visas even on expired passports, you should submit scans of old passports, if it has markings

The instructions on your MyCIC state:

Where as the instructions as per the link shared above state:

If you read both the instructions, you should err in providing more than what is asked and the reasonable interpretation would be to provide a scan of the "biographical pages, and pages with visas, markings and stamps of your current and expired passports, and all pages of the current passport."

Passport is just an identity documents, and does not have any impact on your eligibility. However, when there is an ambiguity, always provide more and disclose more than what is essential, if it doesn't harm you.
Hi again @legalfalcon . Usually at what stage they ask for old copies of passports, at the security stage maybe?
I passed the completeness check, as well as all the other assessments (eligibility, criminality, security, medicals, and info sharing). When I passed my eligibility on September 2020 and started my security, they sent me an ADR requesting the CV/Resume, Schedule A, and Travel History.
As per the latest communication with IRCC couple of days back, they told me that I just have to wait for the final decision, nothing else is required from me at this moment, and I had passed all the assessments.
Do you think, after passing all these stages, they would ask for copies of my old passport? And submitting old copies of my passport would it be considered obsolete in my current situation?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi again @legalfalcon . Usually at what stage they ask for old copies of passports, at the security stage maybe?
I passed the completeness check, as well as all the other assessments (eligibility, criminality, security, medicals, and info sharing). When I passed my eligibility on September 2020 and started my security, they sent me an ADR requesting the CV/Resume, Schedule A, and Travel History.
As per the latest communication with IRCC couple of days back, they told me that I just have to wait for the final decision, nothing else is required from me at this moment, and I had passed all the assessments.
Do you think, after passing all these stages, they would ask for copies of my old passport? And submitting old copies of my passport would it be considered obsolete in my current situation?
In your case, sine you have already provided such a, you need not worry about submitting old passport, as you have crossed the stages where your travel history matters.

If security is the only pending stage, then you are all through. Travel history and Sch A are requested when you have gaps in your information or something has to be clarified.

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Just a confirmation on Education documents, only Bachelor degree, Masters degree, ECA scanned copy, & IELTs would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!!
IRCC doe snot ask for ECA or IELTS reports, only the report umbers are required, but you can submit them if you would like along with your degree certificates.

Reactions: Saral1

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Hi @legalfalcon
I forgot to add the name of my stepmum in my personal history. Will that be an issue or do you think I should raise a webform for it? Though I don't know how it works.

My AOR is DEC 2020 and our MEP/BIL has not be released by IRCC yet.
My wife is the primary applicant while I'm the secondary applicant.

Thank you always.