17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,
Need of your insight here please. My AOR is May 19 and I came to know after 4 months my criminality is still in progress and nothing else has been initiated (and yes I passed Medical and gave BIO). May I ask if it is within normal processing time (my VO is Ottawa). Should I be worried that there is any issue with my criminality? And I'm very worried as some people from November 18 is still waiting for result. I know another guy with same AOR but with criminality passed and eligibility recommended passed? Why the difference.
Thanks so much for your time.
First off, please stop comparing your application with others. Each application is different and you cannot compare apples to oranges.

As regards criminality being in progress, this is nothing unusual. If you are an inland applicant, your criminality will be in progress until your submit the RCMP PCC.

If you are outland, and if you answered yes to any statutory question, then too your criminality can be in progress.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Need guidance on medical results as there are 2 IME numbers for my medical. One used by clinic for all tests and one issued by CIC after submission of my application. Details are below.

My AOR is 5 July 2019 and my medical shows we did not receive your test results.

I did an upfront medical on 1st June 2019 and the clinic provide report that had IME not UME number. I asked about it and clinic said that they see IME active so they have to use that.

On 8 Aug 2019 I got Note on my CIC asking for medical exam with a new IME. When I called clinic initially they said they did all test and submitted. The next day they said one test is pending so they redid on 10 Aug 2019. I told them abt the new IME but they said they cant update IME in their report.

On 13 Aug 2019 I got email from CIO- sydney that my panel clinic did not submit all results and the IME they had in email was the same used by Clinic. I thought the issue will get resolved once clinic submits my results which they did on 15 Aug 2019 . I replied back to the CIC email confirming the same.

I raised a webquery on 26 Aug 2019 and attached the tracking sheet from clinic confirming all medical. I got confirmation that they sent the doc to responsible office. On 10 Sep my CIC acct showed this test results not received.

I called CIC on 11 September 2019 and they said they are still looking for results with the new IME. I explained my case but they said for now wait but no confirmation if my medical reports issue will be resolved. They also said criminality check is in progress.

@legalfalcon any advise what I should do here?
This is a long standing issue with medicals. Immigration Medical Exam (IME), is what is usually required, but the panel physicians have no idea. It does not matter since when you upload the upfront sheet, the number on it is what matters and IRCC only needs it to retrieve your medicals using that number after they are uploaded.

Wha I see from your description is that your panel physician submitted an incomplete report, which may have caused an issue. Usually panel physicians do not submit a report unless all results are entered and the report is complete.

If your entire medicals have been submitted, it will resolve and no need to worry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
Finally after months of waiting patiently and impatiently, I've received THE email asking to visit vfe to submit passport.
8 reviewed the link they shared but didn't find anyway of scheduling an appointment.
If someone could share the process from here, would be of great help.
Thanks.
Which country are you in. You should connect with people who have received PPR and are from your country to get the most recent and precise info.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I got PPR on 9th September.

Thanks for your suggestions and inputs.

I am supposed to submit passports within 30 days. My wife has to travel at end of this month for 4 days. Will it be fine if I submit our passports after that?

Thanks
As long as you submit your PPs within 30 days, you will be fine. If you cannot meet the 30 days deadline, send a request to IRCC, and they will extend your time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear sir, Mr. RALPH office confirmed that my eligibility, criminality and security recently passed does it mean cic has recalculated and rechecked points as I have provided divorce certificate post copr for spouse removal. She was accompanying secondary applicant. My med has also. Expired and till now cic has not asked for re med.
Removing your spouse from the application will depend on the documents you submitted. This is different from eligibility, criminality etc.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon not sure if you can really answer this but I try as I am surely looking to be reassured as I didn't receive my MEP or BIL . my AOR is on the 20th August, I have received a request to re-upload the scans of the passports for me and my family on the 6th September in ordrer to complete the review of my documents. Basically I would like to know if this is a good sign that I will have MEP or it does not mean anything and I can be rejected as they might not have finished checking the rest of the docs. The reason I am asking also is because I already had a rejection in the past (last June) and it stresses me a little bit.
Applicants receive the medicals passed and BIl at different stages. So just follow the instructions for now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello! Please help me as I am fretting over what could be a petty thing. While creating EE profile, I answered that I have an uncle Canada. However, later on, I didn't mention in my submitted profile that I have a relative in Canada reason being I didn't want to go into the hassle of arranging proofs of relationship after ITA.

Can you please advise if the visa officer can also check FSW eligibility answers while reviewing application? The information given while checking FSW eligibility will contradict with my profile?
If you did mention about a relative in Canada, you would have been awarded points for FSW score. As longs you do not fall before it, i.e. you meet the FSW MEC, i.e you have minimum 67 points, you are fine.

Reactions: Hannan Khan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon, I have a question regarding the GCMS system. Was it introduced after 2009? I am asking this question because I realized that on my GCMS notes there is no mention about my Canadian refused visas in 2009. The case analyst mentioned that integrated FOSS/GCMS search in the GCMS system shows my Canadian refused visa in 2013. Is it possible that they can lost records of past visa refusals? Thank you for the time spent here answering our concerns. God bless you!
The GCMS is just a system, prior to that it was CAPIS. GCMS has superseded CAPIS. So IRCC will have all your records.

Reactions: Holyange

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
1. You and your dependents can land all together or separately, anytime before the expiry of the PR visa. If you are from the visa exempt country then you will have to land before the date mentioned in your COPR.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

The only thing to remember is that the dependents cannot land before the PA. So either the PA has to land along with or before the dependents. Also, once you have done the landing formalities, you become a PR. So you cannot do it again. This whole concept of soft and hard is a misconception. You can technically land, be admitted as a PR, and immediately leave Canada. it does not matter.

See
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/

2. You can do you landing at any PoE in Canada, including Quebec. There is no such rule that you have to do the landing in a city of your nominating province. If you have a flight to Alberta, you will most probably be landing at Vancouver to Toronto and then catching a connection flight to Alberta. So you will do your landing formalities at either Vancouver to Toronto.

To read more on PNP, see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/understanding-provincial-nomination-pogram/
Hi LegalFalcon, Thanks for the detailed information. Please check out the POE section of this website
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/do-i-have-to-go-to-the-city-of-destination-stated-on-my-copr/
"
Typically, if you choose to enter the country via a city outside of the province you were selected to work, it is up to the customs officer whether you will be allowed to declare your permanent residence at that port of entry.

If you enter through a port of entry that isn’t listed on your CoPR document, you may experience unnecessary complications. Therefore, you may want to land in the city that is listed on your CoPR document."

I have no recourse but to land in Toronto first on my way to Calgary. However, articles from official websites like above and some people's opinions have me in doubt. Please give your opinion on this. Actually, most of the airlines that allow me direct access to Calgary transit through airports that need airport transit visa for my nationality which is very difficult for me to arrange so I have no choice but to prefer Toronto unless it's a mistake. I'll wait for your further advice.

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Removing your spouse from the application will depend on the documents you submitted. This is different from eligibility, criminality etc.
Dear sir, will my eligibility be again calculated as my spouse was accompanying and her ielts and eca points were added in my score. Although if cic recalculate the score considering my single/divorce I am still safe as my score is above cut off of my ITA draw. Its been 1.5 month now. I have provided divorce decree, translated copy in English, letter head of translator mentioning he has translated the documents, one copy of divorce decree with true copy stamp and translator stamped and invoice of translation.
Apart from original decree and invoice , rest all documents are notarized with valid outside india stamp.

paramjit19

May 28, 2019
Thank you Legalfalcon. Appreciated!

This is a long standing issue with medicals. Immigration Medical Exam (IME), is what is usually required, but the panel physicians have no idea. It does not matter since when you upload the upfront sheet, the number on it is what matters and IRCC only needs it to retrieve your medicals using that number after they are uploaded.

Wha I see from your description is that your panel physician submitted an incomplete report, which may have caused an issue. Usually panel physicians do not submit a report unless all results are entered and the report is complete.

If your entire medicals have been submitted, it will resolve and no need to worry.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Rock999

Sep 14, 2019
@legalfalcon ,

I am currently working under valid work permit until Jan 2020 and my employer is in process of extending work permit to another 15 months from January 2020 to April 2021. Currently, i do not possess the work permit extension submission documents in hand. It will take more than one month from now for my employer to provide me the work permit submission documents. Do I need to wait for those documents before submitting my express entry profile ? or Shall I declare that i have valid job offer for one year for now and show those submission documents once i get from employer ?The reason why I am asking is, I really don't want to waste this 1 month period now, to have minimum 1 year Job offer period while issuing PR. So basically If I submit my Express entry profile now, I will not have the valid job offer letter for another 1 year in my hand. However in one month period I will definitely get the proof for my work permit extension application, so I would be able to submit them after I get the invitation. Awaiting your response. Kindly advice. Thanks in advance

Stone888

Sep 15, 2019
Hello Legalfalcon,

Urgent help.Currently I have work permit until Dec 31 2019. Work permit extension under process but I don't have the extension submit letter yet in hand. Shall I submit express entry profile or should I have to wait for WP extension submissions documents to come ? Please advice and provide your inputs. Thank you so much.

cooltoad

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
@legalfalcon

Had a few doubts

1. I am planning to complete my landing procedure at Vancouver as there are no direct flights to Saskatoon and my mother in law is accompanying us on valid visitor visa so will there be any problem for us at immigration. For PR card we are giving Saskatoon address.

2. What documents are required from my mother in law to pass through the immigration.

3. Will there be separate line for visitors and new immigrants.

4. What are the reasons that new immigrants get their entry rejected at Poe.

Thanks in advance.....