+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Legalfalcon, I have a question regarding the GCMS system. Was it introduced after 2009? I am asking this question because I realized that on my GCMS notes there is no mention about my Canadian refused visas in 2009. The case analyst mentioned that integrated FOSS/GCMS search in the GCMS system shows my Canadian refused visa in 2013. Is it possible that they can lost records of past visa refusals? Thank you for the time spent here answering our concerns. God bless you!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
There are two aspects of claiming points.

1. You have to show 1 year of full time work experience in your primary NOC. This work experience does not have to be recent.

2. For the remaining, you can have work experience in any NOC, and you can claim points for a combination of different NOC.

So select your NOC accordingly.

Also, when you select the NOC, the job duties matter, not the designation or title you have. Also the educational requirements are irrelevant.

*** Thanks for your reply***** @legalfalcon
As you mentioned that I can claim points for experience in different NOC code as well. Just to put into simple words, as I've 2.8 years of banking experience under NOC Code 0122, and let's say I've have 6 months of experience as a sales representative in Code XYZ then if I opt for NOC code 0122, under which I hold most of the work experience then is it possible that while claiming points in CRS I can select 3 years of foreign work experience . Is it possible to collaborate experience of two different NOC codes under one, keeping in mind the condition of minimum 1 years of work experience in that particular NOC code? @legalfalcon

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Is Eligibility "recommended pass" usually a good sign/indicator that my PR will approve?

I have a clean record and nothing relate to a security issue.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon My AOR is 11th July and I haven't paid RPRF. Whats the usual timeline to receive RPRF payment request? I still haven't got the payment request.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon not sure if you can really answer this but I try as I am surely looking to be reassured as I didn't receive my MEP or BIL . my AOR is on the 20th August, I have received a request to re-upload the scans of the passports for me and my family on the 6th September in ordrer to complete the review of my documents. Basically I would like to know if this is a good sign that I will have MEP or it does not mean anything and I can be rejected as they might not have finished checking the rest of the docs. The reason I am asking also is because I already had a rejection in the past (last June) and it stresses me a little bit.

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Wait for another few week before you request the GCMS.
Dear sir, Mr. RALPH office confirmed that my eligibility, criminality and security recently passed does it mean cic has recalculated and rechecked points as I have provided divorce certificate post copr for spouse removal. She was accompanying secondary applicant. My med has also. Expired and till now cic has not asked for re med.

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I got PPR on 9th September.

Thanks for your suggestions and inputs.

I am supposed to submit passports within 30 days. My wife has to travel at end of this month for 4 days. Will it be fine if I submit our passports after that?

Thanks

nikhail

Feb 20, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon,
Finally after months of waiting patiently and impatiently, I've received THE email asking to visit vfe to submit passport.
8 reviewed the link they shared but didn't find anyway of scheduling an appointment.
If someone could share the process from here, would be of great help.
Thanks.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon not sure if you can really answer this but I try as I am surely looking to be reassured as I didn't receive my MEP or BIL . my AOR is on the 20th August, I have received a request to re-upload the scans of the passports for me and my family on the 6th September in ordrer to complete the review of my documents. Basically I would like to know if this is a good sign that I will have MEP or it does not mean anything and I can be rejected as they might not have finished checking the rest of the docs. The reason I am asking also is because I already had a rejection in the past (last June) and it stresses me a little bit.
I received my MEP and BIL on 12th September, I guess it was a good sign. Let's the long wait begin

paramjit19

May 28, 2019
Need guidance on medical results as there are 2 IME numbers for my medical. One used by clinic for all tests and one issued by CIC after submission of my application. Details are below.

My AOR is 5 July 2019 and my medical shows we did not receive your test results.

I did an upfront medical on 1st June 2019 and the clinic provide report that had IME not UME number. I asked about it and clinic said that they see IME active so they have to use that.

On 8 Aug 2019 I got Note on my CIC asking for medical exam with a new IME. When I called clinic initially they said they did all test and submitted. The next day they said one test is pending so they redid on 10 Aug 2019. I told them abt the new IME but they said they cant update IME in their report.

On 13 Aug 2019 I got email from CIO- sydney that my panel clinic did not submit all results and the IME they had in email was the same used by Clinic. I thought the issue will get resolved once clinic submits my results which they did on 15 Aug 2019 . I replied back to the CIC email confirming the same.

I raised a webquery on 26 Aug 2019 and attached the tracking sheet from clinic confirming all medical. I got confirmation that they sent the doc to responsible office. On 10 Sep my CIC acct showed this test results not received.

I called CIC on 11 September 2019 and they said they are still looking for results with the new IME. I explained my case but they said for now wait but no confirmation if my medical reports issue will be resolved. They also said criminality check is in progress.

@legalfalcon any advise what I should do here?

ignorance19

Jan 29, 2019
Dear Legalfalcon,
Need of your insight here please. My AOR is May 19 and I came to know after 4 months my criminality is still in progress and nothing else has been initiated (and yes I passed Medical and gave BIO). May I ask if it is within normal processing time (my VO is Ottawa). Should I be worried that there is any issue with my criminality? And I'm very worried as some people from November 18 is still waiting for result. I know another guy with same AOR but with criminality passed and eligibility recommended passed? Why the difference.
Thanks so much for your time.

Grudy

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon

Quick Question: I have a friend with the following experience while he hopped between jobs:

1st NOC: April 2018 - November 2018 (8 Months)
2nd NOC: December 2018 - April 2019 (4 months)
Then back to 1st NOC: April 2019 - Current (5 months)

Is he eligible for at least one year of work under FSW if he applied with the 1st NOC?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi LegalFalcon, thanks as always for your swift replies along the way for my application. Below are my queries:
- I got COPR recently for myself, wife and 3 kids under AINP. I'm thinking of doing soft landing with self, wife and one kid and then doing hard landing with entire family later on before their COPR expires in May 2020. Does splitting first landing for dependents in any way complicate the process?
- I understand that my POE in Canada must be in my nominating province for first landing which I'll be doing in this visit. However, for our next visit if we consider first query's circumstances and visit with two kids who are coming on their first visit, do we still need to land in Alberta or this rule is applicable mainly on principal applicant. My reason for asking is that there are cheaper flight options that first land in Toronto and then make onwards journey to Calgary rather than directly coming to Calgary.
Based on your answers, I'll be able to plan my soft landing. Thanks again.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon, thanks as always for your swift replies along the way for my application. Below are my queries:
- I got COPR recently for myself, wife and 3 kids under AINP. I'm thinking of doing soft landing with self, wife and one kid and then doing hard landing with entire family later on before their COPR expires in May 2020. Does splitting first landing for dependents in any way complicate the process?
- I understand that my POE in Canada must be in my nominating province for first landing which I'll be doing in this visit. However, for our next visit if we consider first query's circumstances and visit with two kids who are coming on their first visit, do we still need to land in Alberta or this rule is applicable mainly on principal applicant. My reason for asking is that there are cheaper flight options that first land in Toronto and then make onwards journey to Calgary rather than directly coming to Calgary.
Based on your answers, I'll be able to plan my soft landing. Thanks again.
1. You and your dependents can land all together or separately, anytime before the expiry of the PR visa. If you are from the visa exempt country then you will have to land before the date mentioned in your COPR.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

The only thing to remember is that the dependents cannot land before the PA. So either the PA has to land along with or before the dependents. Also, once you have done the landing formalities, you become a PR. So you cannot do it again. This whole concept of soft and hard is a misconception. You can technically land, be admitted as a PR, and immediately leave Canada. it does not matter.

See
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/

2. You can do you landing at any PoE in Canada, including Quebec. There is no such rule that you have to do the landing in a city of your nominating province. If you have a flight to Alberta, you will most probably be landing at Vancouver to Toronto and then catching a connection flight to Alberta. So you will do your landing formalities at either Vancouver to Toronto.

To read more on PNP, see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/understanding-provincial-nomination-pogram/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Quick Question: I have a friend with the following experience while he hopped between jobs:

1st NOC: April 2018 - November 2018 (8 Months)
2nd NOC: December 2018 - April 2019 (4 months)
Then back to 1st NOC: April 2019 - Current (5 months)

Is he eligible for at least one year of work under FSW if he applied with the 1st NOC?
Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.