05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys couple of questions.
my Current score is 458.
hopefully get an ITA by this week.
Can I apply for BOWP as soon as I get my AOR upon submission of PR documents, Or should I wait till i get r10 check complete.?
My work permit expires in AUG 2019. So I have only 2 months to spare.
please advise.

Thanks,
See the comment above.

Reactions: chirkut

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon:- I have read your thread about the Sec 15 & 16.....but couldn't make out anything....if you can brief me in some words ,,, below is the case:--

As i noticed on the page where the analyst makes the comment, on the right corner it is "s.16(1)(c) " only on 2 pages , where the analyst has written his comments over Review Required on eligibility but there is nothing specific on where the review is required and every thing written is MET by the analyst. But i noticed this "s.16(1)(c)"...... although in front of security it is written NOT STARTED, none of the page is blank in my notes,it's just only on those 2 pages where analyst views / recommendations are written..........is it anything to worry??? please help ......Thank you
See
ttps://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon!
I was requested for re-medicals on 14th May and passed them on 21st May.
I called CIC on Friday and was told that eligibility and security are passed, criminality was passed mid may but they want to re-do my criminality before taking a decision.
Do you think this is a bad sign?
I am worried that this can take a long time still. Please advise as to why they would want to redo my criminality after passing it a week ago.
Nope, this is a good sign, and you will receive the PPR soon. The criminality again is just a part of final review.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I appreciate your response @legalfalcon, and for a fact I'm not self employed but I'm working a full time job and to have an insight on the documents submitted please see below.

1.Offer letter
2.Appointment letter clearly states date of joining and work hours
3.Job description was on a separate letter head and this lead to a confusion of me submitting the self attested reference letter
4. Payslips for 16 months
5. Income tax returns
6. Bonus letter
7. Refusal email from HR stating inability to provide a reference letter
8. Self attested reference letter.

I'm currently working there and they wouldn't provide a reference letter for currently working employee's and to my understanding it was that as per Cic's requirements I should provide everything on a single letter however I have all the information on separate company letterheads and this led the confusion of me submitting a self attested reference letter thinking that the above documents wouldn't be enough.

As you said it's just a mere review required for my case to be finalized and move forward.

My concern is my application shouldn't land in bad Waters, having said that I've proven to CIC on the efforts taken to prove my work experience and I hope cic doesn't discount that fact.

Thanks in advance for your response, legal and I hope for one last advice from you.
The only concern I see is the self attested reference letter. This is on the discretion of the officer reviewing your case. However, if you have a colleague who is willing to write a reference letter from you with the job duties, hours salary etc, you should submit that too to be on the safer side along with a LoE, explaining it.

Reactions: djangoboy

Jibihi

Jan 13, 2019
Hello please I want to understand how the months for work experience is calculated pre ita

March 2013- March 2014
March 2014- January 2015
February 2015-March 2016

I am not allowed to fill in the dates pre ita, just slots for month and year are present

Is this up to 36 months?
Is the March 2014 overlapping Accepted because I ended a role in March 4th and started the other March 10th that same year.

Calculating it with the dates give me 36 months plus but I’m not sure how it would play out pre ita so I can get ITA

Thanks In advance

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
The only concern I see is the self attested reference letter. This is on the discretion of the officer reviewing your case. However, if you have a colleague who is willing to write a reference letter from you with the job duties, hours salary etc, you should submit that too to be on the safer side along with a LoE, explaining it.
@legalfalcon, Thanks for your response and on the flipside for further explanation to the case above, I have already provided a job description which was given to by my company and it was on a company letter head.

I had also submitted the below.

1.Offer letter
2.Appointment letter clearly states date of joining and work hours
3.Job description was on a separate letter head and this lead to a confusion of me submitting the self attested reference letter
4. Payslips for 16 months
5. Income tax returns
6. Bonus letter

All the above mentioned documents were sufficient enough to prove my work experience and my job duties were also in line with the NOC Code 1111 and as per GCMS this is what is states

"NOC 1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants 234530198 - Letter dated 2018-07-14 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job the description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. The letter confirms salary - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work 1 year and 5 months. CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 5 months. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 1year work experience."

To summarize everything in a nutshell, I had all the proof required on separate documents on company letterhead to prove to CIC and CIC has acknowledged the same as well, however at that point in time in July 2018 I was not very sure since the documents are on separate letterheads it wouldn't be enough for CIC and hence I went to submit the self attested reference letter and the denial letter from the HR stating the inability to provide the reference letter.

My only concern is since I have submitted a self-attested reference letter, will it lead to something negative or the officer may also discount the self attested reference letter and go on by stating that this applicant has submitted sufficient evidence for work experience and we can just discount this additional document which is not required and everything looks good from here on.

"Sorry Legal Letter from a colleague is impossible"

Please advice.

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Nope, this is a good sign, and you will receive the PPR soon. The criminality again is just a part of final review.
Thank you so much for your reply @legalfalcon
Hope your words come true real soon.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
@legalfalcon, Hi Falcon, any idea on why is taking so long these days for PPR the average processing times are gone from 6 months to 8 months and now it's 10 months I believe. Why the delay.

Since you are experienced I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
@legalfalcon Thoughts please. Thank you

Dear Legalfalcon,

Thank you so much. Just to clarify, I am a Canadian PR who lives in Canada but will be moving to be with my husband for the duration of his application, and will come back to Canada with him when his application is approved.

My husband has just created his profile.

As per your advice, we have modified his answers in the Express Entry profile. We selected yes for accompanying spouse, and answered yes to spouse is a Canadian PR.

Even though we selected yes for Canadian PR spouse, I was still asked for my english test results and work history. I have also been added as a dependant on the profile. Should this be the case?

The questionnaire also asked if I have Canadian relatives, which I do - my brother. This increased my husband's score by 15 points.

Could you please confirm we have done this correctly? With the siblings point, he is at 451 which greatly helps his chances of getting an ITA. I just don't want a situation whereby his application is refused because of the sibling points awarded because I selected accompanying.

Thank you again.

dedman

May 28, 2019
Hi Legal Falcon.

I am in US on a work visa and hold a Canadian visitor permit visa.
However, recently I got an arrest on my record due to speeding and was given a "Careless Driving" ticket (traffic offense, not criminal) with a fine, which was paid off. There was no alcohol or substance involved and this is a single isolated incident on my record.

Due to this, will I be denied entry to Canada?
Does it make me ineligible for a permanent residency program like Express Entry?

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Sorry Sir....I'm very poor in understanding statutory things......... if you can make me understand this 'S16(1)(c)'...... Just tell me as is it something serious on my application / do i've to wait more as i am going to complete 9 months in 7 days. Please help out sir..... Im yet to receive RPRF /.... If i pay out RPRF without any request and does ordering another set of GCMS notes will delay the application process.???