VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi Legalfalcon,

Thank you for your information.
I have a question regarding GCMS note:
What does “TQQ Iran on hold” means?

I saw this under the: Other subtype Description.

I cannot find any information on it.
Please advice.
Thank you.
Did you apply under Quebec nomination?

loupetlapin

Nov 22, 2018
To read generally on PoF see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

As regards your question, IRCC wants that an applicant have sufficient funds to settle in Canada after they become a PR. For this you are required to show funds as per the set threshold. Any liability that you have is usually deducted from that PoF to calculate the funds available to you on the date you file your application.

However, if you are paying the installments on time and they go from a different bank account from the one you are showing for the PoF, you can just not include the car loan. You will not be required to provide a " no liability letter" from the bank. All you need is a letter from your bank for the PoF that you have the funds, the average balance of 6 months and that the funds are unencumbered.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon . I really appreciate it

Sai baba ki jai

Nov 7, 2018
India
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
I can't review individual documents. However, if you have a specific issue, or something you would like to discuss, feel free to post and I will revert back .
Hi!
Firstly I would like to congratulate you on sucha wonderful job you’ve been doing by helping everyone out. You make a difference to a lot of lives on a daily basis.

Query- My wife is the primary applicant and all the funds for the purpose of PR application are in her name or in her bank account. We have got PPR. She intends to land in Canada in January while I plan on landing in June/ July.

Q 1) Is it possible for me - the dependent on the application, to land 5 months after the primary applicant has landed? (Medicals valid till Aug)

Q 2) I am worried that the funds not being in my name could pose a problem for me as I believe I am required to prove to the immigration officer that i meet the minimum requirement for pof. Is it okay that the funds are not in my name or my bank account but in my wife’s (primary applicant)?

Trt

Nov 22, 2018
Need urgent help from experts and experienced.
My cousin applied for express entry 2 months back and also he helps his other friends to file the express entry.
I thought since he is well versed with the entire process i decided to give him details and let him get me a Copr (to save the fees of a consultants)
I got the invitation to apply in the last draw. When I took details from him logged in and checked I was shocked to see that he actually SWAPPED my work experience with one of his friend. When asked he said since he was simultaneously filling details of 2 people (I and his friend) and also we both had similar years of work experience he did the mistake.

I started searching for help and i found this website. Lesson learned that always do it yourself no matter how busy/new to any system you are.

Please help guys my CRS is 452. What should I do? I have absolutely no idea. Should I now go to a consultant?

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
Hi Legalfalcon,

My Employer filed for H1B petition twice, which was not picked up in the lottery.

Do I have to mention about it in the statutory questions ( previous visa or permit refusal questions ( two questions )).

harshala

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-14
Doc's Request.
15-12-14
Based on what you say things look normal. No news is good news. The MyCIC status is irrelevant, and if you want to see the progress of your file so far, the only way is GCMS notes.

Apart from that everything looks good and you just have to wait it out. As long as you have passed eligibility, you are in great shape.
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon
Yes, i guess i should stop panicking and stay positive. Patience is the key.
I have ordered GCMS note 2 days back. Will wait for those. Hoep to get PPR before GCMS notes :)

Trt

Nov 22, 2018
@legalfalcon can you please shed some light?

Need urgent help from experts and experienced.
My cousin applied for express entry 2 months back and also he helps his other friends to file the express entry.
I thought since he is well versed with the entire process i decided to give him details and let him get me a Copr (to save the fees of a consultants)
I got the invitation to apply in the last draw. When I took details from him logged in and checked I was shocked to see that he actually SWAPPED my work experience with one of his friend. When asked he said since he was simultaneously filling details of 2 people (I and his friend) and also we both had similar years of work experience he did the mistake.

I started searching for help and i found this website. Lesson learned that always do it yourself no matter how busy/new to any system you are.

Please help guys my CRS is 452. What should I do? I have absolutely no idea. Should I now go to a consultant?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It is Travailleurs qualifiés sélectionnés par le Québec : Présenter une demande.

I am not a francophone, however, it is just a verification of your nomination.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi!
Firstly I would like to congratulate you on sucha wonderful job you’ve been doing by helping everyone out. You make a difference to a lot of lives on a daily basis.

Query- My wife is the primary applicant and all the funds for the purpose of PR application are in her name or in her bank account. We have got PPR. She intends to land in Canada in January while I plan on landing in June/ July.

Q 1) Is it possible for me - the dependent on the application, to land 5 months after the primary applicant has landed? (Medicals valid till Aug)

Q 2) I am worried that the funds not being in my name could pose a problem for me as I believe I am required to prove to the immigration officer that i meet the minimum requirement for pof. Is it okay that the funds are not in my name or my bank account but in my wife’s (primary applicant)?

Yes, The primary applicant has to land first, or along with the dependent applicants. Dependent applicants cannot land before the primary applicant lands and is admitted as a PR. However, there is no requirement of all the family members to and together. As long as the primary applicant lands and is admitted as a PR, the dependent applicants can land anytime after that, at any port of entry before the visa expires.. To read on landing see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/

Q 2) I am worried that the funds not being in my name could pose a problem for me as I believe I am required to prove to the immigration officer that i meet the minimum requirement for pof. Is it okay that the funds are not in my name or my bank account but in my wife’s (primary applicant)

Only the PA has to show that they have a funds, not the dependents. See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Reactions: Sai baba ki jai

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon - Could you pls advice on how to find whether you are in Security screening or not based on gcms notes?
@legalfalcon I have researched on this forum for past 4-5 hours and there is just so much conflicting opinions. I need your expert opinion. I have also gone through the link on your getgcms about S15 and S16 so I understand that pretty well now. Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - Could you pls advice on how to find whether you are in Security screening or not based on gcms notes?
@legalfalcon I have researched on this forum for past 4-5 hours and there is just so much conflicting opinions. I need your expert opinion. I have also gone through the link on your getgcms about S15 and S16 so I understand that pretty well now. Thanks in advance
All applications go through security. However, some application go through an enhanced security screening which takes a lot of time and for some it takes over a year.

Earlier one of the determining criteria to know if an applicant was in enhanced security screening was to look for an activity called "security screening" in GCMS notes. If it was there, then you could be sure. Lately IRCC has started retracting this information, so it has become difficult to be certain. Now the only way to estimate is by time. If an applicant has elapsed 2-3 months after eligibility was passed, then there is a strong likelihood that the applicant may be in enhanced security screening. But this too is just an estimate.

All files after eligibility are sent to CBSA and CSIS for security. After CSIS is done, It submits the report to CBSA, who then submits the final report to IRCC. Usually CSIS is very quick, it is CBSA that takes forever.

Now the only way to definitely know is through CBSA report, as most CBSA reports will not retract security related activities.

I am gathering information on this and have also written to CBSA, sill get an answer by February end.