28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Q1. Can we get medical even before getting an ITA? Will there be any problem if it's a month or two old?
My CRS score is 478 so I am expecting an ITA soon(fingers crossed). The only reason I want to get it done in July 1st week is due to the fact that the approved physicians are in different city(~180 miles far) and I need to take an appointment a week before in advance.

Q2. For proof of funds, does our average six months balance need to be more than LICO or is it current balance? My average balance is close enough to LICO but the current balance is way beyond LICO?

Q3. I have already taken reference letters from my previous and current employer. How old can they be? Is it advisable to have fresh ones during the time submission after receiving an ITA?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rebelhero said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Q1. Can we get medical even before getting an ITA? Will there be any problem if it's a month or two old?
My CRS score is 478 so I am expecting an ITA soon(fingers crossed). The only reason I want to get it done in July 1st week is due to the fact that the approved physicians are in different city(~180 miles far) and I need to take an appointment a week before in advance.
You can get it done earlier, but it is not recommended. The only prerequisite is that when the application is filed after the ITA the medicals be valid for a minimum for six months. However, when you receive the PR you have to land before your medicals expire (within a year from the date when they were done). In a worst case scenario if you get your medicals done now, and receive the ITA 3 months later, and it takes you another month to file your documents, you would have already exhausted 4 months. Then at an average it takes 5 months to get the PR, which makes it 9 months. Then another month for your PP to be stamped. This is the best case probability. So the day you get your PR you would only have 60 days to land in Canada before your medicals expire. If the processing is delayed, you will have to either request for an extension or get the medicals done again.

I would recommend you wait until you receive the ITA. For the EE the medicals are done upfront and you will have enough time to get get them done.

Q2. For proof of funds, does our average six months balance need to be more than LICO or is it current balance? My average balance is close enough to LICO but the current balance is way beyond LICO?
It is the average balance that has to be more. If you have issues you can get a fixed deposit or a CD and that will be enough.

Q3. I have already taken reference letters from my previous and current employer. How old can they be? Is it advisable to have fresh ones during the time submission after receiving an ITA?
They should not be more than 6 months old when they are filed post ITA. The later the date the better

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Reactions: systems.engineer

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you can advise me on this..

1) Assuming that I will be doing a short landing, as a POF during landing process, can we show say 75 % of minimum funds required from bank savings account (which is readily available) + other say 25 % funds from provident fund (which I can get only after resigning from current job)?
Whether this is acceptable?

2) During landing process, even though we have 100% of minimum funds required in readily available form (say savings bank account), is it OK if we bring say CAD 3K - 5K in CASH or Travelers cheque/card and show the rest of the funds (say CAD 10k) required in a bank statement?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Promax said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you can advise me on this..

1) Assuming that I will be doing a short landing, as a POF during landing process, can we show say 75 % of minimum funds required from bank savings account (which is readily available) + other say 25 % funds from provident fund (which I can get only after resigning from current job)?
Whether this is acceptable?
POF is not always asked during the landing but is always advisable to have it with you. You can carry the same document that you sent to CIC as a part of your application. There is no need to have the funds with you when you land because you can transfer them later and tell the officer that you are entering for a short duration.

2) During landing process, even though we have 100% of minimum funds required in readily available form (say savings bank account), is it OK if we bring say CAD 3K - 5K in CASH or Travelers cheque/card and show the rest of the funds (say CAD 10k) required in a bank statement?
You don't have to bring any funds if you don't want to. All the officer wants to know is whether you have enough funds to sustain, irrespective of the fact whether the funds are with you when you land or in your bank account at home which you have access to. As per the customs you have to declare if you are carrying more than 10,000 CAD. So carry less than that amount and a proof of funds that you have back in your savings account would be enough.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Legalfalcon for your quick advise on this..

Will be giving +1 whenever this option enables for me :)

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
@legalfalcon

Thanks mate for being there for all of us. Keep doing the good work.

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rebelhero said:
Thank you legalfalcon. +1 for your answer

Just one more question, so for proof of funds should I include bank statement of my NRE account in India also as my US account average balance might be little short of LICO?
You can demonstrate PoF through once bank account or multiple as the situation may be. All the CIC cares about is your ability to have the required funds at your disposal which are unencumbered (debt free). Since the bank accounts keep fluctuating, they ask for an average balance of last 6 months to ensure that an applicant has enough funds and that the funds have not been transferred just for an eye wash.

You can even get a fixed deposit or a CD (US equivalent for FD), to show that you have the requisite funds.

Hope this clarifies and helps!

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
legalfalcon said:
You can demonstrate PoF through once bank account or multiple as the situation may be. All the CIC cares about is your ability to have the required funds at your disposal which are unencumbered (debt free). Since the bank accounts keep fluctuating, they ask for an average balance of last 6 months to ensure that an applicant has enough funds and that the funds have not been transferred just for an eye wash.

You can even get a fixed deposit or a CD (US equivalent for FD), to show that you have the requisite funds.

Hope this clarifies and helps!
Thanks a lot for further clarifying it. I will try to arrange the financial account summary documents and make sure that the average is more than $13000 CAD as I am single.

I currently don't have any CDs or FDs but if I make one now it will appear fresh and migt look like it has been created for sole purpose of immigration.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rebelhero said:
Thanks a lot for further clarifying it. I will try to arrange the financial account summary documents and make sure that the average is more than $13000 CAD as I am single.

I currently don't have any CDs or FDs but if I make one now it will appear fresh and migt look like it has been created for sole purpose of immigration.
You don't need a CD, that was just a suggestion. If you have over 13K CAD as your quarterly balance, you don't need a CD. However, a CD is a more convincing instrument, as the money is locked for a duration, unlike the bank account that keeps on fluctuating.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Hi @Legalfalcon,

As per your advise i went ahead and created my EE profile and got my CRS score (481) and created the job bank account as well.
But when i wanted to verify if my profile is now reflecting as "entered the pool / awaiting ITA etc.... " ...............i then messed up and got locked out of my GCKey account. i then called the GCKey folks on their helpline number and was given two options, wait for 24 hours and try aagin or create a new GCKey account.

I have tried again but seem to have an issue with the security questions and i can no longer get in to myCIC account through GCKey.
I can create a new GCKey but on other threads, i have heard that is not recommended (heard the nightmare stories about trying to link a new GCKey to an already submitted EE profile)..... i can also wait for another 24 hours and keep trying the security questions... but maybe a typo is causing me to not be able to get them correct.

I got an email stating i have messages waiting for me - not sure if i still need to do anything before a potential end of june draw... but i believe it is better to fix this before i get an ITA rather than after (in case i get lucky in the very next draw).

What is your advise on this goof up ??....Any recommendation on what is a good way to proceed ??

For now, i am trying once every 24 hours to see if i can get back into my account... but no luck so far.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey
Can we do flagpole on 1st july or 2nd? It's holiday on these 2 days i guess
So i am not sure we can do flagpole on 1st or 2nd july?
And from my location border is at 5 hours drive so can't take a chance please suggest something..
Thank you

VaibhavN

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Hi Legalfalcon,
I am 26th March AOR. I received my GCMS notes on 23rd June applied on 27th May, criminality passed, medical passed, security and eligibility - not started.
Further in officer's comments in end - all comments in assessment 11.2 positive but 'Met' is not written and I found in latest updates eligibility : review required.

I took it normal first but then I read at forum that if in email from ATIP they say there is something hidden under assumption 16.1 (c) then it is dangerous, means officer may have some concerns and they are doing investigation or verification. Also blank spaces means hidden words, there is no blank dashes in latest comments on 7th June but on 28th May I received RPRF request , at that time another officer's comments has two dash or blank spaces. I am really worried what it could be. One positive thing they said is sometimes its only officer's name or info hidden but then why eligibility is still review required and not Met.
Someone said in AOR Feb thread that it will change to Met when file will be transferred to local VO.
My officer added NDVO as secondary office on 7th june ( last updated)and assign it to new officer but nothing clear about transfer.

Mine is really simple case, I am single applicant, working with one employer from starting, part time during studies and now full time after completing my studies, My VO is NDVO and I am Ontario PNP.
One more thing in A11.2 assessment notes it says I am working with my employer from 2014 but I am working with him since 2012 but as part time employee and from 2014, I am working as full time employee.

I read your post about 16.1c and felt relieved but still I want to share this whole situation with you and worried about eligibility: review required. Could Investigation be related to work experience also ? Should I expect them to call my employer and should tell him that they can call him? Even after RPRF request they are still not sure about my eligibility, is it normal ? Please guide.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
Hi @Legalfalcon,

As per your advise i went ahead and created my EE profile and got my CRS score (481) and created the job bank account as well.
But when i wanted to verify if my profile is now reflecting as "entered the pool / awaiting ITA etc.... " ...............i then messed up and got locked out of my GCKey account. i then called the GCKey folks on their helpline number and was given two options, wait for 24 hours and try aagin or create a new GCKey account.

I have tried again but seem to have an issue with the security questions and i can no longer get in to myCIC account through GCKey.
I can create a new GCKey but on other threads, i have heard that is not recommended (heard the nightmare stories about trying to link a new GCKey to an already submitted EE profile)..... i can also wait for another 24 hours and keep trying the security questions... but maybe a typo is causing me to not be able to get them correct.

I got an email stating i have messages waiting for me - not sure if i still need to do anything before a potential end of june draw... but i believe it is better to fix this before i get an ITA rather than after (in case i get lucky in the very next draw).

What is your advise on this goof up ??....Any recommendation on what is a good way to proceed ??

For now, i am trying once every 24 hours to see if i can get back into my account... but no luck so far.
I would suggest that you just wait and see if you can log in, it would be easier than making a new GC key and linking the application. Let us know if it works and what happened.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
cheire said:
Hey
Can we do flagpole on 1st july or 2nd? It's holiday on these 2 days i guess
So i am not sure we can do flagpole on 1st or 2nd july?
And from my location border is at 5 hours drive so can't take a chance please suggest something..
Thank you
Yes, you can flagpole on any day. The borders are not closed, they remain open. Some borders however have times when the officers are present and you can find the list here:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/gbi-rgf-eng.html

There is also an app that you can download to plan your border crossing.