Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am currently building out my EE profile (FSW) and only part left is work experience/NOC part (which seems to be the most critical to avoid misrepresentation). Per CIC calculator estimates, i believe my score would be around 481 (hopefully).

Based on what you mentioned above and others have posted in various threads, i have listed my understanding below, and wanted your guidance in case i am going about this the wrong way / have misunderstood anything / missed anything important etc.
Just want to take care to avoid any unintended misrepresentation/ineligibility etc. while submitting my EE profile, to ensure i can accept the earliest chance at an ITA that i get.

My work experience (single employer/company) :
>> 2.96 years(1081 calendar days) under NOC 1221 (Project coordinator / PMO analyst) under skill type B.
>> Post - promotion....... 2.64 years(962 calendar days & counting....i.e. current job) under NOC 0213 (Project Manager) under skill type 0.

Based on above work experience, below is how i planned to proceed with EE profile :
1. I will first ensure i can acquire the proof of experience letter with job duties listed correctly from my employer.
2. Once acquired the letter, send an email to CIC with the duties in the letter to confirm that, their evaluation of my NOC matches what i have listed above (i believe this is recommended to do even if 99% sure, based on previous threads/posts i went through a few months back - can't find the link now).
4. One has to choose a primary NOC for their profile, so i can choose the 0213 (skill type 0) as per my current position as primary. Per my understanding, for EE FSW, the actual NOC does not really impact my actual CRS score and also does not impact PR processing time-frame / decision etc.... - is this correct ?
5. However, i need to make sure i still have the initially required 67/100 points for EE FSW and based on above experience, i believe i would get 11 points for the experience factor if i use 0213 as my primary NOC (i.e. 2 to 3 yrs.). Is this correct ? ..... actually either NOC would still give me 11 points which would keep me over 67/100.
6. Wait till CIC confirms the NOCs to be correct, in an email reply - only then submit my EE profile.

Appreciate thoughts/inputs on this as it is the one part that i am slightly confused about as there are many considerations to take in account.

Thanks !
You are on the mark. It all boils down to how many points you get and what is counted and what is not. So here is my simple explanation and you can compare it with your situation.

There are two steps that you will have to clear and that will determine your application. First, is the CRS points (which will help you get the ITA) you get and second is meeting the eligibility of the FSW program.

When you file the application your CRS score is calculated and for the purpose of the CRS score your can add your jobs under different NOCs, given that they are under NOC 0, A, or B experience in the last 10 years will count.

This is further strengthened by the following:

In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for the Ministerial Instructions for Application Management foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and

(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.

Further, there is a requirement of minimum Skilled work experience - You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B

So, yes you can add your experience under different NOCs if they are under Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B.

Now comes the second question of eligibility under the FSW. For the consideration of the eligibility under the FSW program you have to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 to be eligible under the FSW program. You will have to chose your primary NOC, which in your case will be 0213, and will give you a maximum of 11 points out of the maximum 15 that you can get for 6+ years of experience under the same NOC. Other points can be calculated from this chart available here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

So make sure that you have the CRS score above the last few invitations and you score 67 points to meet the FSW eligibility criteria.

I hope this answers your questions.

Reactions: systems.engineer

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
This really helps ! Thank you very much @legalfalcon :)
I feel i am good on the 67 points and CRS score etc...

One follow up question i have is :

It might take me some time to get the roles & responsibilities confirmed by my employer, and additional time to send the email to NOC and get a confirmation on NOCs before i can submit my profile causing me to miss the next draw.

In such a case, what is the risk if i use the NOCs which i believe will apply (as discussed above) and create my profile +submit it to get into the pool for the next draw.... and then if my job description in employer letter is different than expected.... hence causing either the primary NOC (0213) or the one before (1221) to need to be changed in my profile ? - in both cases : if i get an ITA in next draw and also if i do not ?

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Legalfalcon,
I am a lawyer from India applying in same NOC as urs i.e. 4112. I have few questions and would appreciate ur help and advise.
1. As i also work as tax consultant earlier i chose NOC 1111 for myself but later i realised that NOC 4112 is more appropriate as i am a general counsel who works in all fields. So does changing NOC before ITA can cause any problem to my case.
2. I applied for nova scotia PNP wherein my NOC was 1111. However i have informed them that my actual NOC is 4112 and i have changed the same accordingly. I have withdrawn my pnp application via an e mail as 4112 is not preferred in any PNP.
3. My CRS is 471 do i still need PNP?
4. Wht is medical all about, i have slip disc so walk with an ignorable limb also my cholestrol levels are marginally high . Can they reject my application on this ground.

Plz help me regards

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GurpreetSunny said:
Hello Legalfalcon,
I am a lawyer from India applying in same NOC as urs i.e. 4112. I have few questions and would appreciate ur help and advise.
1. As i also work as tax consultant earlier i chose NOC 1111 for myself but later i realised that NOC 4112 is more appropriate as i am a general counsel who works in all fields. So does changing NOC before ITA can cause any problem to my case.
2. I applied for nova scotia PNP wherein my NOC was 1111. However i have informed them that my actual NOC is 4112 and i have changed the same accordingly. I have withdrawn my pnp application via an e mail as 4112 is not preferred in any PNP.
4. Wht is medical all about, i have slip disc so walk with an ignorable limb also my cholestrol levels are marginally high . Can they reject my application on this ground.

Plz help me regards
Also i have been told that any changes made prior to ITA would not make ny difference. Is it true? Secondly since when IRCC start making these notes. Is it before or after ITA.

Thanks n regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
This really helps ! Thank you very much @legalfalcon :)
I feel i am good on the 67 points and CRS score etc...

One follow up question i have is :

It might take me some time to get the roles & responsibilities confirmed by my employer, and additional time to send the email to NOC and get a confirmation on NOCs before i can submit my profile causing me to miss the next draw.

In such a case, what is the risk if i use the NOCs which i believe will apply (as discussed above) and create my profile +submit it to get into the pool for the next draw.... and then if my job description in employer letter is different than expected.... hence causing either the primary NOC (0213) or the one before (1221) to need to be changed in my profile ? - in both cases : if i get an ITA in next draw and also if i do not ?
You can anytime withdraw your application and even if you receive the ITA, you have 60 days to turn in your documents. If you are unable to file your documents you can withdraw and refile or decline the ITA. The CRS score for each round fluctuates, so it is always advisable to get into the pool as soon as you can. Even if you file your application with a different NOC code you can change it pos ITA. It would not matter much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
GurpreetSunny said:
Hello Legalfalcon,
If you have not yet received the ITA, you can change your express entry profile. Onlt after you recieve the ITA is your information locked. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

NOC 1111 is for "Financial auditors and accountants." To be classified under this code you will have to be certified or be a member of the ICAI - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. If you do not have a license to practice as an accountant or an auditor you cannot be classified under this code even if you were providing legal opinions under the Tax law as a lawyer.

471 is a good score. However, the last two rounds had 483 and 484 as the cutt of scores respectively. What will be the score for the next round cannot be predicted. However, with a 471 you have a ver good chance of getting the ITA, you just might have to wait a little. If you have a PNP, you definitely get 600 additional points for it and you will surely get the ITA.

In a medical check a few parameters are tested to ensure that you do not become a burden on the health care system. Issues such as cholestrol, slip disk in the past, fractures etc do not make you inadmissible.

Plz help me regards

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
legalfalcon said:
You can anytime withdraw your application and even if you receive the ITA, you have 60 days to turn in your documents. If you are unable to file your documents you can withdraw and refile or decline the ITA. The CRS score for each round fluctuates, so it is always advisable to get into the pool as soon as you can. Even if you file your application with a different NOC code you can change it pos ITA. It would not matter much.
hello sir,

Kindly answer the PM I sent u.....please.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
Got it - one step at a time :)
I will go ahead and submit my profile tonight, with these two NOCs which i believe are correct...and hope that future CIC email response to my NOC query returns an NOC match to what i put on my profile. If not, deal with that later.

Thank you legalfalcon, for eliminating my concern regarding misrepresentation etc... !

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much legal falcon for your answers.
As sugested by you that i do not qualify in NOC 1111 i think i have rightly withdrawn my PNP application from nova scotia. It is better to wait than never.

They have not responded to my e mail, is it fine or i should write again to them.

Now i am moving further with NOC 4112 and i have all the docs pertaining to same.
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
GurpreetSunny said:
Thank you so much legal falcon for your answers.
As sugested by you that i do not qualify in NOC 1111 i think i have rightly withdrawn my PNP application from nova scotia. It is better to wait than never.

They have not responded to my e mail, is it fine or i should write again to them.
No need to send another email. Even if you get a PN you can decline it.

Now i am moving further with NOC 4112 and i have all the docs pertaining to same.
Thanks

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And this change in NOC would not affect my case adversly as i have neither got ITA from federal and PNP from NS. I dont want that information with NS to clash with information given in my EOI. Further will these changes prior to ITA would be included in my CG notes. Thanks

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hello, Legalfalcon. can I ask a question here?

I am an CEC applicant and have a very big confusion in my personal checklist in my EE account. My EE account checklist requires "Letter of Employment" and "Employment Record (explicitly required to include "reference letter").

So my question is what is the difference between "Letter of Employment" and "Reference letter"? And should "letter of employment" come from current/past/both employers?

I have found many posts but there are two definitive answers for that. The following post is the one of those that I found and it basically said the difference between the two letters are "reference letter needs to include job duties" but "letter of employment" doesn't. But I don't know if that is the case because there is no other proof.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/difference-between-letter-of-employment-and-employer-reference-letter-t268961.0.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
GurpreetSunny said:
And this change in NOC would not affect my case adversly as i have neither got ITA from federal and PNP from NS. I dont want that information with NS to clash with information given in my EOI. Further will these changes prior to ITA would be included in my CG notes. Thanks
You can make as many changes to your application before the ITA. Once you get the ITA your application is locked and no more changes can be made. The GCMS notes are only made after your file all the documents after you get an ITA.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
logoaka said:
Hello, Legalfalcon. can I ask a question here?

I am an CEC applicant and have a very big confusion in my personal checklist in my EE account. My EE account checklist requires "Letter of Employment" and "Employment Record (explicitly required to include "reference letter").

So my question is what is the difference between "Letter of Employment" and "Reference letter"? And should "letter of employment" come from current/past/both employers?

I have found many posts but there are two definitive answers for that. The following post is the one of those that I found and it basically said the difference between the two letters are "reference letter needs to include job duties" but "letter of employment" doesn't. But I don't know if that is the case because there is no other proof.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/difference-between-letter-of-employment-and-employer-reference-letter-t268961.0.html
Letter of Employment - A letter simply stating that the applicant is employed with the organization or an offer has been given.
Reference Letter - This letter includes that the applicant is employed with the organization, designation, duties, salary, and dates when the applicant was hired, promoted and all other details that the employer can furnish.

A Employment record provides the history of the applicant with the organization. Dates joined, designation, promotion dates, different designations held etc.

The CIC does not define these terms and everyone has a different way of looking at it. If you can tell me more about your case I can be more specific. If you would not like to discuss your information here, you can PM me.

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
You can make as many changes to your application before the ITA. Once you get the ITA your application is locked and no more changes can be made. The GCMS notes are only made after your file all the documents after you get an ITA.
Thank you very much legalfalcon. It was great help