May 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
Hi Legalfalcon..
I have seen a status change on my CIC account in Final decision tab where it says not started
. When i press the question mark next to it.. it says .. We have reached a final decision on ur application .. u ll be notified if it is approved or rejected.. is it a good sign or anything to worry bout??
It is not associated, in any ways, with process.

Its just a help menu which provide further details of each section in details i.e. A Final Decision - Approved means positive, rejected means negative out come.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
faryn said:
Do you know if it affects the express entry application if someone has worked for more than the hours allowed on the study permit for a couple months?
This would depend on whether an applicant has that in his record. If you have flouted immigration regulations, that will be a matter of concern, but if it was just a few hours over, that would not matter much. Are you claiming those extra hours for in your application?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
QWER753 said:
Hi LegalFalcon

Hope you are looking forward to the weekend !

Quick question please, for the landing ,do you think 6 months bank statements are enough for the proof of funds ? I mean my recent bank statements will show the balance has been above the required amount for 6 months though I was thinking just bring 3 months statements with me as less papers, lighter baggage...hehe Thank you !
When landing you can even use the same document that you submitted along with you EE application. If there has been changes to your bank account, then you will need a fresh statement and instead of carrying multiple ones, you can get a certificate from your bank with the same language that you had when you submitted the PoF with your EE application.

Please be advised that not all applicants are asked PoF upon landing, its is something random. Also, if you are carrying some cash to traveler's check with you, you can show that as PoF. All the immigration officer wants to confirm is that you have adequate funds to support yourself upon landing.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon..
I have seen a status change on my CIC account in Final decision tab where it says not started
. When i press the question mark next to it.. it says .. We have reached a final decision on ur application .. u ll be notified if it is approved or rejected.. is it a good sign or anything to worry bout??
See the answer from @canadaiamcoming above.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
canadaiamcoming said:
It is not associated, in any ways, with process.

Its just a help menu which provide further details of each section in details i.e. A Final Decision - Approved means positive, rejected means negative out come.
Hi frend.. thanks for replying
And i know that buddy.. that it provides the information. . But earlier the status was not it is now.. it was simply explaining the meaning of not started and approved statuses..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi frend.. thanks for replying
And i know that buddy.. that it provides the information. . But earlier the status was not it is now.. it was simply explaining the meaning of not started and approved statuses..
If there has been an update on your application and you have not received any communication, wait for 24 hours, sometimes it takes a day to get a notification to show up in your email or MyCIC after an update has taken place.

Hope this helps!

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
legalfalcon said:
If there has been an update on your application and you have not received any communication, wait for 24 hours, sometimes it takes a day to get a notification to show up in your email or MyCIC after an update has taken place.

Hope this helps!
Thanks legalfalcon.. a few more ppl from my aor has reported the same change

QWER753

Sep 7, 2016
legalfalcon said:
When landing you can even use the same document that you submitted along with you EE application. If there has been changes to your bank account, then you will need a fresh statement and instead of carrying multiple ones, you can get a certificate from your bank with the same language that you had when you submitted the PoF with your EE application.

Please be advised that not all applicants are asked PoF upon landing, its is something random. Also, if you are carrying some cash to traveler's check with you, you can show that as PoF. All the immigration officer wants to confirm is that you have adequate funds to support yourself upon landing.
Hi Legalfalcon, I will only carry around 500 CAD cash with me this time as it's only a short landing and I have paid the accommodation through airbnb. Nothing changed in my account except my saving increased a bit hehe , so I guess it's fine then with the letter from bank when I submit my express entry application and most recent bank statements ? Thank you !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
QWER753 said:
Hi Legalfalcon, I will only carry around 500 CAD cash with me this time as it's only a short landing and I have paid the accommodation through airbnb. Nothing changed in my account except my saving increased a bit hehe , so I guess it's fine then with the letter from bank when I submit my express entry application and most recent bank statements ? Thank you !
Yes, you are all good!

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hi Legalfalcon
Regarding proof of funds, do I have to provide only my salary credit account, or other accounts as well.? I have my salary credit account statements and a letter from bank showing my profile, however, I also have credit card from a different bank. Do I have to show that as well, as I only can attach a statement from that bank? On the other hand, I have a term deposit my home country, do I also have to show this?

Regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Hi Legalfalcon
Regarding proof of funds, do I have to provide only my salary credit account, or other accounts as well.? I have my salary credit account statements and a letter from bank showing my profile, however, I also have credit card from a different bank. Do I have to show that as well, as I only can attach a statement from that bank? On the other hand, I have a term deposit my home country, do I also have to show this?

Regards
The purpose of PoF is to show that you have the minimum required funds to settle in Canada as per your family size. You can show any account in which you have the requisite funds or show multiple accounts to show that they combined have the funds. You will also have to disclose any loans you may have.

As per CIC for the PoF:

Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
legalfalcon said:
The purpose of PoF is to show that you have the minimum required funds to settle in Canada as per your family size. You can show any account in which you have the requisite funds or show multiple accounts to show that they combined have the funds. You will also have to disclose any loans you may have.

As per CIC for the PoF:

Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Great. Thank you.

sammy1976

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-216
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, 17/sep/2016
Nomination.....
N / A
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront / 30-08-2016
Med's Done....
16-09-2016 / Passed
Interview........
not needed yet
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 9, 2017
LANDED..........
INLAND
I applied in express entry my job duties are more than mentioned in lmia now cic asked my employer to explain why job duties are different from described in lmia. In LMIA there are just 5 job duties and in experience letter there are almost 15 and one job duty is not present from 5. what is your opinion on this will they reject my application due to this or there are still chances after noticing letter of explanation I m unable to find this topic in forum please help
thanks

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hi legalfalcon
In the ePR application on the EE profile where we have to put our immigration history and citizenship, there is a question that says "has xxxx applied to immigration, refugees, and citizenship canada before?"
I had an EE profile in 2015, it got expired and I opened a new one in which I got the ITA. So, what should I answer to the above question? Is it a yes or no?

On another issue, the address history section in my profile is not appearing. The tab is not there at all, what do you think is happening?

Thanks

Mark.Whisly

Apr 14, 2016
Hello legalfalcon,

Regarding POF, can I include Term Deposit Receipt in my documents or should I liquefy the money and transfer them to an current or saving account? and if I can, should the bank include any further statements in the issued certificate?

Thanks for your continuous help!