16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hello
I am confused about the translated documents files if you can help. When I took the document to the translator, he made a black & White copy of the original document, translated it, bind the translation to the copy and stamped both. Now, when I want to upload this file, do I have to scan it along with the original? Hence, the file will look like Original - translation - copy of original?

Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Hello
I am confused about the translated documents files if you can help. When I took the document to the translator, he made a black & White copy of the original document, translated it, bind the translation to the copy and stamped both. Now, when I want to upload this file, do I have to scan it along with the original? Hence, the file will look like Original - translation - copy of original?

Thank you.
If that is how the translator certified then you will have to scan both, the original and the translation, and send it as one file. By binding the documents he is certifying the translation of the bound copy and therefore both, the b&w copy and the translation are now one document.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
legalfalcon said:
If that is how the translator certified then you will have to scan both, the original and the translation, and send it as one file. By binding the documents he is certifying the translation of the bound copy and therefore both, the b&w copy and the translation are now one document.
Thank you, excellent! Just to be precise, a one page original document will end up three pages file for uploading. Sorry am asking a lot but I hate to have application rejected for silly reason like documents are wrong! :p

Piracha123

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
@legalfalcon please help! I am trying to make payment after submitting all documents post ITA. But every time I get the error "Online services are currently down". What should I do? is there any way to resolve this issue or contact CIC about it?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Thank you, excellent! Just to be precise, a one page original document will end up three pages file for uploading. Sorry am asking a lot but I hate to have application rejected for silly reason like documents are wrong! :p
As long as your documents are in one pdf file they will work just fine and no application is rejected because you uploaded 3 extra pages. Stop being so stressed on irrelevant issues. I know its nerve-racking, but this is a non-issue.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Piracha123 said:
@legalfalcon please help! I am trying to make payment after submitting all documents post ITA. But every time I get the error "Online services are currently down". What should I do? is there any way to resolve this issue or contact CIC about it?
Sometimes when the CIC servers are down you will get this error. If you don't have an immediate deadline, wait for 24 hours and try again. If the issue persists, try using a different browser and computer and if you still get the same error, you will have to get in touch with CIC. But most server issues are resolved within 24 hours.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
legalfalcon said:
As long as your documents are in one pdf file they will work just fine and no application is rejected because you uploaded 3 extra pages. Stop being so stressed on irrelevant issues. I know its nerve-racking, but this is a non-issue.
Thanks legalfalcon.

Piracha123

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
legalfalcon said:
Sometimes when the CIC servers are down you will get this error. If you don't have an immediate deadline, wait for 24 hours and try again. If the issue persists, try using a different browser and computer and if you still get the same error, you will have to get in touch with CIC. But most server issues are resolved within 24 hours.
@legalfalcon i have been trying for 4 days now with the same error. how do i contact CIC?

I have tried "report technical issue", "case specific enquiry" and direct email. no replies so far. there is no phone number for people living outside canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Piracha123 said:
@legalfalcon i have been trying for 4 days now with the same error. how do i contact CIC?

I have tried "report technical issue", "case specific enquiry" and direct email. no replies so far. there is no phone number for people living outside canada.
To call from outside Canada try this number:
+1 613 944 4000 - follow the prompts and you will be directed to an agent.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi legalfalcon
My BG changed from not started to in progress on friday.On Monday I rcvd a request letter to submit PCC for Congo.I have never been to that country but my hubby was posted there as a military observer for one year.The letter is addressed to me (I am the primary applicant)but I presume CIC requires his pcc.They have asked me to submit it by 25th Dec.We have initiated the process of obtaining the pcc from Congo.
My query to you is that my spouse is non accompanying in the application .Should I raise a case stating that I have never been to Congo and furnish a fresh pcc from India.
Since his Congo visit was on an official passport which was later deposited with the ministry of defence ,we had not mentioned about the Congo posting in the travel details.Moreso he being non accompanying applicant we didn't deem it to be necessary

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
apache5021 said:
Hi legalfalcon
My BG changed from not started to in progress on friday.On Monday I rcvd a request letter to submit PCC for Congo.I have never been to that country but my hubby was posted there as a military observer for one year.The letter is addressed to me (I am the primary applicant)but I presume CIC requires his pcc.They have asked me to submit it by 25th Dec.We have initiated the process of obtaining the pcc from Congo.
My query to you is that my spouse is non accompanying in the application .Should I raise a case stating that I have never been to Congo and furnish a fresh pcc from India.
Since his Congo visit was on an official passport which was later deposited with the ministry of defence ,we had not mentioned about the Congo posting in the travel details.Moreso he being non accompanying applicant we didn't deem it to be necessary
A non-accompanying spouse declared in the application will have to provide and go through the security clearances and medical requirements as mandated by CIC. So if you are married and your spouse is not accompanying you at the moment, if asked, you will have to provide his police clearance too. This is because CIC anticipates that in the near future the principle applicant will sponsor the non accompanying spouse and if any member of the family is inadmissible based on medical or the security grounds, it impacts the entire application.

In your case your should ask your spouse to first obtain a letter from military headquarters (depending on what rank he is at and where he is posted) which certifies the period he was in Congo and for what reason. This should be signed and have the specific dates. You can also add the military record if it can be disclosed. At the same time initiate the process for getting a PCC from Congo. If it takes more time, then you can use these documents and send a letter of explanation seeking more time.

You should have disclosed this in your application as all the details, even of the non accompanying spouse are necessary. At this stage you can send a LoE stating that since this was s UN mission your spouse did not have the requisite military clearance to disclose it. However, now that the CIC has it, you will have to give them the required documents.

Hope this answers your question.

faryn

Apr 27, 2014
Do you know if it affects the express entry application if someone has worked for more than the hours allowed on the study permit for a couple months?

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
legalfalcon said:
A non-accompanying spouse declared in the application will have to provide and go through the security clearances and medical requirements as mandated by CIC. So if you are married and your spouse is not accompanying you at the moment, if asked, you will have to provide his police clearance too. This is because CIC anticipates that in the near future the principle applicant will sponsor the non accompanying spouse and if any member of the family is inadmissible based on medical or the security grounds, it impacts the entire application.

In your case your should ask your spouse to first obtain a letter from military headquarters (depending on what rank he is at and where he is posted) which certifies the period he was in Congo and for what reason. This should be signed and have the specific dates. You can also add the military record if it can be disclosed. At the same time initiate the process for getting a PCC from Congo. If it takes more time, then you can use these documents and send a letter of explanation seeking more time.

You should have disclosed this in your application as all the details, even of the non accompanying spouse are necessary. At this stage you can send a LoE stating that since this was s UN mission your spouse did not have the requisite military clearance to disclose it. However, now that the CIC has it, you will have to give them the required documents.

Hope this answers your question.
Thank you so much legal falcon ....yes indeed your reply has clarified my doubt
+1 for the response

QWER753

Sep 7, 2016
Hi LegalFalcon

Hope you are looking forward to the weekend !

Quick question please, for the landing ,do you think 6 months bank statements are enough for the proof of funds ? I mean my recent bank statements will show the balance has been above the required amount for 6 months though I was thinking just bring 3 months statements with me as less papers, lighter baggage...hehe Thank you !

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Hi Legalfalcon..
I have seen a status change on my CIC account in Final decision tab where it says not started
. When i press the question mark next to it.. it says .. We have reached a final decision on ur application .. u ll be notified if it is approved or rejected.. is it a good sign or anything to worry bout??