05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am about to finish my e-aPR and I have points where I'm still doubting:

• Proof of funds :
That was a very tricky one. I have 2 bank accounts (one saving in France and one current in Germany). I had to ask and ask the banks for the info, cause each time something was missing. And it was also tedious to get extra translation for all the German docs I got. It makes now 17 pages just for PoF...

This should not be an issue

I have a Certificate letter from my parent's notary stating (in French) :

"*Many name*
*With my full address in Germany*
*Birth date, place*
*Nationality*"

Then it says:
"Has received as manual gift from her parents Mr. and Mrs. *family name*, living in *Location name* (French Department (like county) name) the amount of XXXXX euros."

So my question is very specific. The notary's secratery wrote the name of the municipality/commune district/region (it's called "canton" in French, if that rings anyone a bell) as location name and not my parents village name. It's maybe not "totally wrong" cause the ZIP Code would be the same one but it's not what would appear in their home address, usually.

I'd like to know if it's ok to go for it that way in spite of this detail, as the main point is there, or if I should wait until Monday that my mother get a new letter with the actual town name. I feel like i'm overthinking it a bit too much but if anyone as some input in this, it'd be appreciated.

Also it is just a declaration sent to me directly from the notary. There's no signature from my parents. Is that ok too?

France is a civil law country, which is different from a common law country like India or the US. What you have stated looks fine, but just browse <http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/harmonization/siroi/gift2-don.html>

I am not licensed in a civil law jurisdiction and have never dealt with civil law, so I would not like to give you wrong information as a lot of rules in civil law are contradictory to the common law. The link above is helpful.

All you need to show is that the gift is unconditional and cannot be revoked and you have exclusive right to use it any manner you like. As long as you have these covered in accordance with your country, you are all good. I am sorry, I not being too helpful here.

• For Proof of Studies for my Masters and BA I am providing:
- Certificates of completion of each
- Transcripts of each
- ECA for both
Is that OK?

Yes, this looks great.
  • Police certificates
- I spent one year in Canada with Work holiday visa. I didn't provide a PCC as it says I'll be asked for it later if needed. (You are correct, they will ask you for it.)
- I spent a year in the Netherlands, I'm waiting also first for the paper of IRCC to request it as it is the way to do for this country. (Sounds great)

I am ready to submit and pay the fees as soon as I am able to. But I want to make sure all is ok and sufficient first, hoping it my proofs won't be rejected. Thank you so much for your help.

You seem to be all set!

Reactions: Mimi2017

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon,

Need your advise on one more point. I just noticed that on one of my previous employers experience letter submitted with my eAPR, date of issuance is missing. As in, the letter has all the employment period dates i.e. 24-12-2007 - 19-08-2013, but the date on which the letter was issued to me (June 29, 2017) is missing on the letter. Please suggest should i get a new letter from the company and upload it using CSE.
IRCC states:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Although, the date is not a requirement per se, but all business letters are always dated, so that you know when it was issued. It would not be a problem, but if you would like to get a new one and send it as a CSE, that would not hurt either.

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
IRCC states:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Although, the date is not a requirement per se, but all business letters are always dated, so that you know when it was issued. It would not be a problem, but if you would like to get a new one and send it as a CSE, that would not hurt either.
Thanks I think I will get a new letter and send it through CSE, my concern is will this red flag or delay my application in any any.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon,

One query on the mismatch of names:

In my passport, my name is mentioned as [Surname] + [Given Name]
In my degree certificate, however, my name is mentioned as [Given Name]
But The ECA I got from WES has mentioned my name as [Surname] + [Given Name] same as that of Passport.

My all other documents, Employment Proof, Police Clearance Certificate, Medical Info, Salary Slips and Bank statements have the name as mentioned in the Passport [Given Name] + [Surname]. Only degree certificate doesn't contain my surname.

Will this pose any problem while verifying the Education section of my ITA documents?
No
I am writing a LoE explaining the various alternative documents that I shall be attaching in the Employment and PoF sections.
Is there need to mention about the name discrepancy there. If yes, then pls suggest the best approach to do so.
There is no need, as your ECA has your name as it is in the passport. If you do want, you can get an affidavit attesting that the degree is your and attach the degree to the affidavit, just to be on the safer side, though not necessary.

Thanks in Advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks I think I will get a new letter and send it through CSE, my concern is will this red flag or delay my application in any any.
It should not create any problem at all as you meet all IRCC requirements.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
_Harry_ said:
Hi LegalFalcon,

One query on the mismatch of names:

In my passport, my name is mentioned as [Surname] + [Given Name]
In my degree certificate, however, my name is mentioned as [Given Name]
But The ECA I got from WES has mentioned my name as [Surname] + [Given Name] same as that of Passport.

My all other documents, Employment Proof, Police Clearance Certificate, Medical Info, Salary Slips and Bank statements have the name as mentioned in the Passport [Given Name] + [Surname]. Only degree certificate doesn't contain my surname.

Will this pose any problem while verifying the Education section of my ITA documents?
No
I am writing a LoE explaining the various alternative documents that I shall be attaching in the Employment and PoF sections.
Is there need to mention about the name discrepancy there. If yes, then pls suggest the best approach to do so.
There is no need, as your ECA has your name as it is in the passport. If you do want, you can get an affidavit attesting that the degree is your and attach the degree to the affidavit, just to be on the safer side, though not necessary.

Thanks in Advance.
Thank you so much. And in case I attach an affidavit just to be safe, do I need to mention this in the Personal Details section of my ITA application as well.
Where it is asked if I have been known by any other name.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much. And in case I attach an affidavit just to be safe, do I need to mention this in the Personal Details section of my ITA application as well.
Where it is asked if I have been known by any other name.
No. You have not been known by any other name, just that one of your degrees does not have your last name.

infinix

Feb 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Hello LegalFalcon,
Please, I need a bit of clarification.
AOR : 9th May.
Review of additional documents : We don't need additional documents. ( Changed to this 2 days ago)
Background check : Not Applicable after IP1. Been on this since June 27th.
I didn't pay RPRF when I submitted my application.
Got an email from CIC that my file was still at CIO ( before the change in my additional documents.)
Do you have an idea what's happening with my application. Been trying to make a sense of this :(:(:(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,
Please, I need a bit of clarification.
AOR : 9th May.
Review of additional documents : We don't need additional documents. ( Changed to this 2 days ago)
Background check : Not Applicable after IP1. Been on this since June 27th.
I didn't pay RPRF when I submitted my application.
Got an email from CIC that my file was still at CIO ( before the change in my additional documents.)
Do you have an idea what's happening with my application. Been trying to make a sense of this :(:(:(
I don't see a problem and this is too early in the application stage. Everything seems too be fine. However, you should order GCMS notes after about 60 days post AoR, to make sure that everything is progressing well. Each application is processed differently, so don't compare your application with other applicants, and just because something happened to their, will happen to yours.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Wow, thank you SO much @legalfalcon for taking the time to give me this great end prompt answer. :)
I am just going to wait until Monday then, to get a new letter from my parents' notary and make sure it's all correct! I also told my mother that it's best if she signs it as well. She will scan it to me then, with a full and correct address.

I feel relieved. While getting close to finalizing, that's when all the overthinking remains haha.
Many thanks! Your kindness has restored my hope in humanity, a least for a little while. :D

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Guys can I enter USA drivers license details in the place of National identity document ?

I'm a temporary resident of USA and a citizen of India.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys can I enter USA drivers license details in the place of National identity document ?

I'm a temporary resident of USA and a citizen of India.
No, that is not a national identity card.

Reactions: adi.urban and vj9

infinix

Feb 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
I don't see a problem and this is too early in the application stage. Everything seems too be fine. However, you should order GCMS notes after about 60 days post AoR, to make sure that everything is progressing well. Each application is processed differently, so don't compare your application with other applicants, and just because something happened to their, will happen to yours.
Thank you for the response. I was just wondering why the additional documents review went to "we do not need additional documents" when eligibility hasn't been passed. I will order the gcms notes tomorrow and hoping it all go well.

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
No, that is not a national identity card.
Thank you so much for your reply legal falcon. But in the personal details under personal description the following question was given
Tell us XXXXXXXXXX's personal details exactly as shown in XXXXXXXXXXX's passport, travel document or national identity document.

Height in feet (ft) and inches (in)

But my passport doesnt have my height details and I have no other national document that has my height details. How do I answer this question :(

Last edited: