+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @legalfalcon !!

I was told by the cic agent that my eligibilty, criminality, medical and info sharing is passed. What all is covered in eligibility check ?
I am FSW-O and my BG is at NA since May 26. When can I expect PPR.

Your reply will be appreciated !!
I am almost in the same boat as you.

Just phoned CIC and spoke to a really nice agent. He confirmed that both our medicals, criminality and security has passed but he mentioned our eligibility has not passed yet and they are still working on our file. What does this mean? I thought eligibility gets passed before security checks.

The other weird thing is: when we spoke to an agent on 5 April, she told us our eligibility was passed. Can they change it back to NOT PASSED after being passed?

Thank you for all your valuable insets so far! Hope you can shed some light for us on this question.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon, I am outland applicant,my status shown decision made yesterday but no change in gc key.... when will I get ppr? reply is highly appreciated...thanks
Give 24-48 hours and you should have the PPR mail.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon !!

I was told by the cic agent that my eligibilty, criminality, medical and info sharing is passed. What all is covered in eligibility check ?
I am FSW-O and my BG is at NA since May 26. When can I expect PPR.

Your reply will be appreciated !!
Eligibility checks are done to ensure that you meet the program requirements for the program you have applied for, FSW, PNP, CEC etc. Eligibility is a 2 stage process, first a case analyst will review and make a recommendation then an agent will approve the recommendation. The agent could be at the LVO or in Ottawa depending on where your application is being processed. While conducting the eligibility checks the fowling will be looked into:

1. Job reference letters and NOC
2. Marriage or other dependents on file
3. Education documents
4. number of years of work claimed

This is cross verified with documents and in some cases calls can be made to employers to verify what an applicant claims. To know the exact status of your application what all is done you should get GCMS.

Reactions: systems.engineer

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am almost in the same boat as you.

Just phoned CIC and spoke to a really nice agent. He confirmed that both our medicals, criminality and security has passed but he mentioned our eligibility has not passed yet and they are still working on our file. What does this mean? I thought eligibility gets passed before security checks.

The other weird thing is: when we spoke to an agent on 5 April, she told us our eligibility was passed. Can they change it back to NOT PASSED after being passed?

Eligibility is a 2 step process. First a review is done by a case analyst and then a recommendation , which is then reviewed by an agent who makes the final decision. When you call IRCC, they may say that the eligibility is passed, but it may only be recommended passed by a case analyst and pending a review by the agent. In most cases the agent will agree with the recommendation, but can differ too.

To know what is actually happening in your file, GCMS is the only accurate answer. Everything else is just speculation and we can go ever the entire day speculating what MAY be happening.

Thank you for all your valuable insets so far! Hope you can shed some light for us on this question.

Reactions: systems.engineer

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to say thank you again for your time and trouble answering all our questions. It is highly appreciated.
We ordered GCMS notes on 25 May and as you said above, then we will hopefully know what is going on. Just need to wait a little longer. Have a great evening, and again THANK YOU.

Reactions: legalfalcon

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Hello legalfalcon,

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate that.

I just want to ask if you have the average waiting time for the security screen recently? I saw someone finished in several months and someone are still waiting after 1.5 year.

My BG check 2 IP since April 3 and am still waiting. I just want to know how long should I expect the result on average?

Thank you again.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate that.

I just want to ask if you have the average waiting time for the security screen recently? I saw someone finished in several months and someone are still waiting after 1.5 year.

My BG check 2 IP since April 3 and am still waiting. I just want to know how long should I expect the result on average?

Thank you again.
Security screening is a complicated process and every application is different. Usually security screening can anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months and sometime even more. It depends on multiple factors.

Have you ordered GCMS notes.

You can also check my post on security screening for an understanding on how it is conducted.

https://goo.gl/7wQ5CT

paxy1906

Jun 9, 2017
Eligibility checks are done to ensure that you meet the program requirements for the program you have applied for, FSW, PNP, CEC etc. Eligibility is a 2 stage process, first a case analyst will review and make a recommendation then an agent will approve the recommendation. The agent could be at the LVO or in Ottawa depending on where your application is being processed. While conducting the eligibility checks the fowling will be looked into:

1. Job reference letters and NOC
2. Marriage or other dependents on file
3. Education documents
4. number of years of work claimed

This is cross verified with documents and in some cases calls can be made to employers to verify what an applicant claims. To know the exact status of your application what all is done you should get GCMS.
Thanx a lot @legalfalcn for your reply and making it clear !!

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon

I'm expecting my ECA by the end of this month and hopefully I'll have my CRS at around 440-450 so I'm hoping for an ITA immediately after I create my profile. Just to save time Im gathering my post ITA documents already

I want to ask if I arrange the following documents at this stage, will they create an issue for me or suspicion since I'm thinking to arrange the documents before even receiving ITA
1. PCC of the place where I have lived after I was 18 (but I don't live there anymore)
2. Bank statement of my father of that particular week wherein the transaction is highlighted where he has gifted me the amount
3. Gift deed from my father to me

I'm hoping to get the ITA in 1-2 months time. I've already got my marriage certificate translated as well

Qs 1. Is it fine to collect the documents at this stage or should I wait for the ITA first and then collect the documents ?

Qs 2. I've already got my marriage certificate translated as of 13.07.2016, will that be admissible when I submit the documents later ?

Qs 3. What is the validity of PCC, assuming I get PCC's made now (I will require multiple PCC's but of the same country since I've never been abroad), want to start arranging these documents now since they take time

Thank you for your patience

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I'm expecting my ECA by the end of this month and hopefully I'll have my CRS at around 440-450 so I'm hoping for an ITA immediately after I create my profile. Just to save time Im gathering my post ITA documents already

I want to ask if I arrange the following documents at this stage, will they create an issue for me or suspicion since I'm thinking to arrange the documents before even receiving ITA
1. PCC of the place where I have lived after I was 18 (but I don't live there anymore)
2. Bank statement of my father of that particular week wherein the transaction is highlighted where he has gifted me the amount
3. Gift deed from my father to me

I'm hoping to get the ITA in 1-2 months time. I've already got my marriage certificate translated as well

Qs 1. Is it fine to collect the documents at this stage or should I wait for the ITA first and then collect the documents ?

Qs 2. I've already got my marriage certificate translated as of 13.07.2016, will that be admissible when I submit the documents later ?

Qs 3. What is the validity of PCC, assuming I get PCC's made now (I will require multiple PCC's but of the same country since I've never been abroad), want to start arranging these documents now since they take time

Thank you for your patience
Its always good to start early, however, please be advised that after you get the ITA, you get 90 days to submit your complete application. I usually recommend keeping the PCC, Bank statement, and the Medicals as the last documents to get. This is because your PCC cannot be more than 6 months old, so why not wait and get it as last as possible. Similarly, your bank statement need to show an average balance of 6 months, so put money in your account and leave it there and then get the letter from the bank right before you plan to submit it.

This is especially essential for the medicals. You medicals are valid for 1 year from the date they are issued. And you also have to land before the expiry of your medicals or the date in the visa, which ever is earlier. So why not get it as late as possible. Best to get the medicals done after your get the ITA, as the medicals are done upfront and you won't have to wait for the results, you can just submit your application.

See this fore all documents you will need http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Reactions: kashifshaikh

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Its always good to start early, however, please be advised that after you get the ITA, you get 90 days to submit your complete application. I usually recommend keeping the PCC, Bank statement, and the Medicals as the last documents to get. This is because your PCC cannot be more than 6 months old, so why not wait and get it as last as possible. Similarly, your bank statement need to show an average balance of 6 months, so put money in your account and leave it there and then get the letter from the bank right before you plan to submit it.

This is especially essential for the medicals. You medicals are valid for 1 year from the date they are issued. And you also have to land before the expiry of your medicals or the date in the visa, which ever is earlier. So why not get it as late as possible. Best to get the medicals done after your get the ITA, as the medicals are done upfront and you won't have to wait for the results, you can just submit your application.

See this fore all documents you will need http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
One more quick question
Should I get the police certificate starting from my 18th birthday or birth until the time I've lived there ? Because from my birth until the 25th year I've lived in the same city

Thank you so much for the speedy response bro
I really appreciate the work you are doing helping out all the new peeps. Honestly, you are a source of inspiration, I hope I help the people around here like you once I'm done with my process

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Security screening is a complicated process and every application is different. Usually security screening can anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months and sometime even more. It depends on multiple factors.

Have you ordered GCMS notes.

You can also check my post on security screening for an understanding on how it is conducted.

https://goo.gl/7wQ5CT

Thanks, I have ordered and there is security screen section.

I am from China and just traveled to several developed countries before. I have no idea why they choose me to run the security check.

Also, the endless waiting is really disturbing~

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
One more quick question
Should I get the police certificate starting from my 18th birthday or birth until the time I've lived there ? Because from my birth until the 25th year I've lived in the same city

Thank you so much for the speedy response bro
I really appreciate the work you are doing helping out all the new peeps. Honestly, you are a source of inspiration, I hope I help the people around here like you once I'm done with my process

Yes, you would have to get the PCC, because you said you lived there till your 25th year. PCC from all countries where you lived for 6 months and more since your 18th birthday.

Good Luck !!

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Actually, I am very interested. When did they start my security screen? Is the time when my BG check 2 IP?