17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, this note was the answer to my enquire from Canadian Embassy in june 5 2023
Please note that the application WXXXXXXXis pending Admissibility assessment. As soon as the admissibility assessment is finalized, you will receive further instructions for all the family group.
How many days or weeks could wait for a decisión?
We applied in february 24 and still waiting for a decision

Admissibility assessments include medicals, security, criminality and the program admissibility (in your case, family sponsorship). There is no specific time frame.

Family sponsorship applications take 12-24 months to be processed.

Instead, request your GCMS notes to see where your application stands and what has been done.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I will be flying to Canada for my first PR landing in a few weeks, so I’m just trying to ensure I get it right. I’m collecting following, please let me know if I’m missing anything -

1. Passport with immigrant visa
2. COPR x 2 copies (one with a photo)
3. The spare photo that was returned to me by IRCC
4. Goods accompanying and goods to follow forms x 2 each - I don’t have any good to follow, can I ignore the second form?
5. Proof of funds - this is the one I have a few questions about - a recent bank statement from my bank in my home country with 14000$ + in my home currency (I’m the sole applicant and I understand 13757$ is the minimum now)?

- Does this have to be a 6 months statement and show the average monthly balance and all that we had to for the eAPR? Or just a recent bank balance statement for let’s say the last month?
- is it ok that this is a foreign bank? I’m reluctant to open an account until I land and explore the options.
- is it ok that the balance is shown in a foreign currency? Will they check the conversion rate on the day of landing?

As long as my family composition, health and (lack of ) criminal history stay the same till I land, is there anything else I should keep in mind? Are these all the docs needed?
Thanks so much in advance!

See https://bit.ly/3M5FmKc

Reactions: Zephyrstraint

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey Raptor33

I appreciate your help on this matter.
I have a letter from the owner who is also my direct manager stating that she owns both locations. If I decide to split it up, is it ok to upload the same letter on both?

You are just responding to a bot, that is generating responses from Chat GPT

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
There is no way to expedite the progress.

Also, after the application has passed all the steps, a final review is done before a decision is made, updated in the GCMS and a communication is sent to the applicant.

Just wait, since it's not even close to 6 months.

If nothing changes, you can then send a webform, request your GCMS notes, and also, call IRCC.
You are correct. There is no way to expedite the progress of your application. The IRCC has a set of guidelines that they follow when processing applications, and they cannot be rushed.

As you mentioned, after the application has passed all the steps, a final review is done before a decision is made. This can take some time, as the IRCC wants to make sure that they have made the correct decision.

I understand that it is frustrating to wait, but I would recommend that you wait until it has been at least 6 months since your AOR before you contact the IRCC. If you have not received your COPR or RFV by then, you can contact the IRCC and request an update on your application.

I hope this information is helpful.

carla_1109

Aug 28, 2017
Hello legalfalcon,

Just one more thing that is uncertain on my application.

I am claiming arranged employment. My employer got a positive LMIA and had named me in the application.

I already got the job offer signed with the one year after pr requirement however the lmia says duration of employment is 2 years.

should we change the job offer to put two years or is the one year just ok?

Many many thanks for all your help.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I just received PPR this morning with all the details to submit passport. However, I have one query. I wear spectacles and is it advised to take the pic without spectacles ?

Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: markcm and C2C

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi @legalfalcon
I just received PPR this morning with all the details to submit passport. However, I have one query. I wear spectacles and is it advised to take the pic without spectacles ?

Please advise. Thank you in advance.
Congratulations, it has been one long journey for you (been seeing you here for way too long). I wear specs, took mine without specs for COPR.

Reactions: mvneema10

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Congratulations, it has been one long journey for you (been seeing you here for way too long). I wear specs, took mine without specs for COPR.
Thank you. It's been 28 months long journey indeed. I have another question on height & eye color for both eyes (for applicant). How do I give that information?

• Love
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline and visa office
Thank you.
AOR: Feb 2021
Biometric: 4th Mar 2021
1st medicals passed: Feb 20 2021
Long silence
2nd medical passed: Dec 20, 2022
ADR: Feb 11, 2023
PPR: July 7, 2023

Long journey.

Reactions: markcm

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you. It's been 28 months long journey indeed. I have another question on height & eye color for both eyes (for applicant). How do I give that information?
I just printed mine on an A4 sized paper. Listed the following details in a blank paper:
1. Full name
2. Passport number
3. Height
4. Eye color

Just those 4 on a white paper (separate white papers for each primary and dependent for their respective VFS envelope).

Reactions: mvneema10

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
I just printed mine on an A4 sized paper. Listed the following details in a blank paper:
1. Full name
2. Passport number
3. Height
4. Eye color

Just those 4 on a white paper (separate white papers for each primary and dependent for their respective VFS envelope).
Hey! My PPR request did not include any mention of eye color or height which were actually only in my e-APR (and the height was in my medicals). I'm wondering if this is a cause for concern. There was nothing on the PPR mail requesting this.

alex4936

May 21, 2022
Dear @legalfalcon
I am currently a PR and plan on going back to school. I was wondering if it will affect my future citizenship application if I take out student loans from government programs such as StudentAidBC or Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? Thank you so much!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey! My PPR request did not include any mention of eye color or height which were actually only in my e-APR (and the height was in my medicals). I'm wondering if this is a cause for concern. There was nothing on the PPR mail requesting this.
Some people get a RFV/PPR where they don't ask for eye color or height. I think you should be fine if they didn't ask for it.

Reactions: Zephyrstraint