+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a few queries about immigration to Canada.
I am from India and I have applied for Canada PR.(I am the primary applicant and my wife is secondary)
My application is submitted on May 2021(AOR) under the PNP category and I have a nomination from Ontario province.

My questions -
1) While our PR application is under process, can my wife simultaneously apply for a student visa having me as a dependent?
2) Will this have any negative impact on my current PR application?
3) In case the above is feasible and she is allowed to apply for a student visa while being a secondary applicant in the existing PR application, will I be able to apply for an open work permit if she gets the student visa?

Sincerely appreciate your assistance in advance!
Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a few queries about immigration to Canada.
I am from India and I have applied for Canada PR.(I am the primary applicant and my wife is secondary)
My application is submitted on May 2021(AOR) under the PNP category and I have a nomination from Ontario province.

My questions -
1) While our PR application is under process, can my wife simultaneously apply for a student visa having me as a dependent?
2) Will this have any negative impact on my current PR application?
3) In case the above is feasible and she is allowed to apply for a student visa while being a secondary applicant in the existing PR application, will I be able to apply for an open work permit if she gets the student visa?

Sincerely appreciate your assistance in advance!
Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

1. YEs. See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2020-aor-join-here.704508/post-9310244
2. See 1
3. yes.

Reactions: paneka penalty

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon
1) more question, i am attaching extra sheet as there is not much space left in schedule A. I have written everything in available space but due to character limit everything doesn't fit it. So i have written the same thing in different sheet as well.
Do i need to write LoE for it???
2) in mothers family name by birth it will be maiden's name right? I dont have any proof for it because my mum has changed her name post marriage.
Please please reply.
I was waiting for your response since long.

1. no. In the form you can write see attached sheets.

2. Marriage in itself is a proof of name change.

Reactions: Shubham6120

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hello sir please could you give me some assistance.
My AOR is May 2019 and I recently got an ADR for updated POF including a 6 months transaction history because I added my newborn baby to my application.

I got married after my AOR and later on opened a joint savings account with my spouse in which we’ve been saving money and I intend to use this account to demonstrate that I have sufficient funds to support a family of 3.

When I opened this joint savings account, I transferred money from my current account to this joint savings account in order to benefit from the high interest rates on savings rather than the money just sitting in the current account doing nothing while waiting for PPR after more than 2 years and with me not able to use it.

This new joint account is a savings account in a different bank (credit union) from the initial bank/account (which is the current account I earlier mentioned) I had used to show POF for myself when I submitted the required documents for my PR application.

1. Do you think it’s going to be problematic if I show just this new joint savings account? I honestly have waited years to get a PPR and I want to do everything to avoid any unnecessary delays.

2. I am thinking of making a bank transaction history and bank statement of the joint savings account then transferring the money back into the current account I used to show POF when submitting my PR application initially. I would then make a bank statement of this current account and attach alongside an affidavit like LOE. Is this sensible?

3. Is it an issue if this joint savings account is in a Credit Union account?

4. Or am I just overthinking the whole issue? Perhaps I could just submit the bank statement and 6 months transactions history of this new joint savings account?

Please advice. Thank you very much sir.

1. No. You can show the joint account as long as you can show that you meet the 6 months average balance. see https://bit.ly/3tsQ6vG

2. As long as it is explained clearly, it will be fine.

3. No. The account can be with any financial institution.

4. You are overthinking. If you have 6 monthly bank statements, you will meet the 6 months average balance.

KarenJ

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hello sir @legalfalcon please can you advice on what to do about this. my express entry application is still in process, eligibility yet to be passed and my company just changed office
address within the same city. should i raise a web-form informing IRCC about the new office address?

Thank you for your reply.

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I did not declare my three deceased half siblings in my PR application as I thought it was unnecessary info at the time but I declared them in my study permit application back then. would that create any repercussions in the future? I want to apply supervisa for my parents and I feel the family info might cause some problems. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

babshah76

Feb 1, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi legalfalcon! I received an ADR with following documents:
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669) bearing an original signature. You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years). Do not leave any gaps and list to present day.

Travel History Info Form (IMM 5569): One form per family. Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. All travel to and from Canada and country of origin/birth/residence.

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from UAE.

Selection Criteria Form : Please provide your selection criteria form from the province of Saskatchewan.

I need your expert advise and help please as the time for submission is just 29 days. I already submitted my PCC earlier with my application is it really required again? My countries are Pakistan, Germany and Saudi Arabia (currently residing). I never stayed in UAE that should not be applicable to me. What is Selection Criteria Form from where can I get that. Is that my Nomination letter? Is there anyone here who received the similar ADR, how you have responded, as to arrange PCC from all these countries is very challenging within 29 days. Kindly help.

Reactions: Thisath

babshah76

Feb 1, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
May main concern is to clarify about the PCC.
For the PCC my understanding is to submit Only from my current country of residence i.e. KSA not UAE. They put UAE by mistake that I will clarify them with a LOE. My logic to submit Only one PCC is that there is Only One space allocated for PCC in my GCKey. Please advise with your opinion and expert advice.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I did not declare my three deceased half siblings in my PR application as I thought it was unnecessary info at the time but I declared them in my study permit application back then. would that create any repercussions in the future? I want to apply supervisa for my parents and I feel the family info might cause some problems. Appreciate your thoughts on this.
All applications have to be consistent and you have to declare all information that is asked.

Under the law you have an obligation to be truthful:

16(1) of IRPA: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application or future applications, and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason why you omitted the information or the reason for the inconsistency has to be provided.

The law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada, the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>
Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello sir @legalfalcon please can you advice on what to do about this. my express entry application is still in process, eligibility yet to be passed and my company just changed office
address within the same city. should i raise a web-form informing IRCC about the new office address?

Thank you for your reply.
YEs, you should.

You can even get a new reference letter on the new letterhead.

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

My pof is a gift deed from my father. In case if IRCC requests for an updated pof, should I submit the updated bank letter with a new gift affidavit? or is the old gift affidavit fine?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My pof is a gift deed from my father. In case if IRCC requests for an updated pof, should I submit the updated bank letter with a new gift affidavit? or is the old gift affidavit fine?

If nothing has changed, you can submit the same affidavit, but with the newly dated bank statements and a LoE.

Remicynt

Jan 10, 2020
@legalfalcon so I received Ppr on the 22nd of March, I added a newborn on the 13th of March. I have been sending mails ever since I put to birth on the 14th informing ircc of my new addition. Now I av got PpR. I have sent several mails and webforms and I gotten no response. Medical has been done for baby nd other documents ready. The letter says we shld submit passport within 21days, pls how do I inform them again, what implication does it have if ircc don't get my mails of this new addition after 21days am seriously having sleepless nights over

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@legalfalcon so I received Ppr on the 22nd of March, I added a newborn on the 13th of March. I have been sending mails ever since I put to birth on the 14th informing ircc of my new addition. Now I av got PpR. I have sent several mails and webforms and I gotten no response. Medical has been done for baby nd other documents ready. The letter says we shld submit passport within 21days, pls how do I inform them again, what implication does it have if ircc don't get my mails of this new addition after 21days am seriously having sleepless nights over
@Remicynt as long as you have informed IRCC - you need not stress over this. you can perhaps call them and request for an update. IRCC does take time to respond to webforms though. they will cancel the current PPR and reissue a new one after the baby has been added.

All the best!

Airbus320neo

Mar 25, 2022
Hello @legalfalcon, quick question for you,
I am a Oct 2020 AOR FSW-O and have recently gotten a remed request that I passed. Today they have sent a new email requesting an updated schedule A and:

 Police Certificate: Please provide an updated certificate.

I have not left China since AOR, but prior to AOR have lived in the US and UK (provided both certificates in my original application).

Is it safe to assume that they are only looking for an updated Chinese police certificate, and not the UK/US ones?

Thanks in advance!