+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
Now I am studying diploma in Canada, in express entry education section there is a question

Standing at the end of study period ?
for this they have 3 options
a. in good standing
b.degree awarded
c. not completed.

For this question should I select option (C) as degree is not yet completed or should I select (A) ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
Now I am studying diploma in Canada, in express entry education section there is a question

Standing at the end of study period ?
for this they have 3 options
a. in good standing
b.degree awarded
c. not completed.

For this question should I select option (C) as degree is not yet completed or should I select (A) ?
C.

S

sutyfornow

Asivad Anac said:
Thanks for this kind gesture, ashutoshmanohar! Happy to help :)
Asivad, I need your help... i have job experience one year but i was paid in cash only so i dun have pay slips.. what can i do if they asked about pay slips? I have job contract that is attested by the government and foreign affairs department, can that help?

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Hi seniors,

I sent my job duties to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca in order to confirm if my job duties properly match with NOC 2174, but I got reply that they are not able to identify my NOC. I sent them the following mail

My job title as per the appointment letter is Assistant Professor (Computer Programmer/Computer Practices). My jobs duties are as follows:

1. Write, update, and integrate computer program to handle specific jobs, such as storing or retrieving data from ERP system.

2. Perform revision, maintenance, or expansion of existing programs to adapt to new requirements.

3. Communicate with technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest solution.

4. Prepare technical documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.

5. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.

6. Assist test team to identify and fix the bugs and issues with the software.

7. Assign, coordinate, and review work of programming personnel and train subordinates in programming and program coding.

8. Research and Evaluate different software packages for the further development of existing system.

Kindly help me decide the NOC Code so that I may apply under express entry as a Federal Skilled Worker.

Regards,
Now I am really worried that CIC officer will not be able to understand that job duties and my application will be rejected. What should I do now?
should I copy/paste the job duties my CIC website? My Head of Department has asked me to write my own job duties.

Please help me,

Regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsinxh said:
Hi seniors,

I sent my job duties to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca in order to confirm if my job duties properly match with NOC 2174, but I got reply that they are not able to identify my NOC. I sent them the following mail

Now I am really worried that CIC officer will not be able to understand that job duties and my application will be rejected. What should I do now?
should I copy/paste the job duties my CIC website? My Head of Department has asked me to write my own job duties.

Please help me,

Regards,
Your duties do NOT match 2174. Try this list.

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Your duties do NOT match 2174. Try this list.
Now I am really worried about this. My job duties are of "Computer Programmer" because thats what I do all day. I write/modify computer programs. My institute changed its nomenclature few years ago, earlier it used to be only computer programmer but now its Assistant Professor(Computer Programmer/Computer Practices) and its written as such on my appointment letter also. What can I do now about this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsinxh said:
Now I am really worried about this. My job duties are of "Computer Programmer" because thats what I do all day. I write/modify computer programs. My institute changed its nomenclature few years ago, earlier it used to be only computer programmer but now its Assistant Professor(Computer Programmer/Computer Practices) and its written as such on my appointment letter also. What can I do now about this?
My bad. Your duties do appear to correspond with 2174, the job title is misleading but that shouldn't be a problem.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac.
It's really nice to have you here again :)
A question:
Does CIC Accept part-time work experience during bachelor studies for out-land applicants?

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
Hi Asivad Anac.
It's really nice to have you here again :)
A question:
Does CIC Accept part-time work experience during bachelor studies for out-land applicants?

Thanks,
Provided that experience wasn't in Canada, Yes.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Provided that experience wasn't in Canada, Yes.
Thank you for prompt response as always ,
and do we have to inform CIC about changing address after getting AOR? if yes, how?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
Thank you for prompt response as always ,
and do we have to inform CIC about changing address after getting AOR? if yes, how?
If you're relocating to another country, Yes. Update them via CSE.

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Asivad Anac said:
My bad. Your duties do appear to correspond with 2174, the job title is misleading but that shouldn't be a problem.
Thats a relief, I almost gave up my plans for PR, given the reputation you hold in this forum.

Btw, I can convince my Head of Department to write the job title as A.P. Computer Programmer, because in our departmental communications AP is frequently used as a short form of Assistant Professor. Would that be OK?

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you're relocating to another country, Yes. Update them via CSE.
No changes in country and city location, just moved to another house.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hsinxh said:
Thats a relief, I almost gave up my plans for PR, given the reputation you hold in this forum.

Btw, I can convince my Head of Department to write the job title as A.P. Computer Programmer, because in our departmental communications AP is frequently used as a short form of Assistant Professor. Would that be OK?
That should be okay, IMO but also make sure the designation matches on the other documents that you might be submitting (payslips/offer letter/promotion letter etc). As a general rule, what mostly matters is the roles and responsibilities rather than the title. In your case, like Asivad has already mentioned, the title is misleading but since the roles correspond to and match NOC 2174, I believe you are good to go!