+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hey Asivad,
I need your suggestions and help urgently. I have applied for the OINP since Nov 2015, still haven't got the nomination yet. I am on post graduation work permit right now which is valid until Nov 2018. Now I'm going to India to get married next month.

So I need your advice n opinion on the following queries :-
- Do I have to inform OINP as soon as I'll get married?
- I want to get my fiance here, so what should be the best way to sponsor her, to get the visitor visa for her or should I apply for her as a dependent under the work permit program category?
- what all docs will I need to apply for her?

I'll really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks in advance.

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
Hi Asivad/Raj/Others,

Q1) I have got a couple of questions regarding my work experience. My current score is 478 so I am not sure if I should accept ITA if I get one soon.
My work experience is as below:

1.Graduate Teaching Assistant(USA)--Part time(20hrs/week) -- (September 2012 to May 2013 and August 2013 to May 2014). I didn't work in June and July as it was summer during school. I have read in FAQ that I cannot count teaching assistant experience under CEC but it doesn't say anything about FSW. And the requirement for being a TA/RA is one should be enrolled in school. So I am counting this experience also.

2. Associate RF Engineer--Company A--June 2014 to December 2014. Full time.
3. RF Engineer--Company B--December 2014 to current. Full time. Same NOC code as of Job-2.

I am not sure how the tool calculated my points but I am currently standing at 478. I have about 2 years of full time experience and about 19 months of part time experience(different NOC).

Q2) All my previous employers are willing to provide me letter of employment with all the required details. However, I don't have pay slips from previous employers. Do we need to submit pay slips for all the years or will the most recent ones will suffice? All my employers are helpful and are willing to provide all sort of documentation needed to prove my employment and annual salary.

Q3) For proof of funds, do I need to show monthly statements with balance of $12000 CAD for past six months. My monthly balance has been gradually increasing from $8000 CAD and now its around $15000 CAD. To supplement this amount, I can show my bank statements from my Indian bank accounts. Please advise what would be the best thing to do in this case.

I appreciate it a lot if you can reply to my questions. Thanks!

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
hey guys I am planning to do short landing in August and i have a question regarding bank statement.
upon landing do I have to show them a very recent bank statement like a week old or 2-3 month old statement would work? actually my bank account is in Pakistan and im here in USA so i have to ask my family to courier me the original in August.
or they accept pdf i can generate on my own through bank website.
please suggest what is accepted.

thanks,

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
Reposting:
Dear Asivad & Seniors,

Kindly help me with following questions:

My reference letter has my duties explained using technical terms which is different than NOC's 'Main Duties' wordings, however I've confirmed that the NOC code I've selected is the best match (got it confirmed with the NOC department as well). Should I include a LOE to explain and bridge the differences between my reference letter and NOC's 'Main Duties' wordings?

I've total work-ex of 3 years and 8 months, which includes a tenure of 1 year of 'Management Trainee' (full time/post degree/campus recruitement) profile, where I underwent training into all the departments of the organization. I was paid a STIPEND during this period and the reference letter has it specified. Should I be worried that this can reduce my (eligible) work-ex by an year?

Continuing from the above point... If there is a risk of loosing 1 year of work-ex in above scenario...
I'm currently working with an MNC, however I've chosen not to include that in my EE profile/application as I was not able to arrange the reference letter (in required format). Do you suggest me to include this work-ex as well?

I woke up :-X to the fact that I'll be require to furnish FBI-PCC [two trips: 1 month(2012) + 5.5 months(2015)], now as FBI's TAT is ~3 months, I'm interested to know, how much is the maximum extension does CIC sanction?

Thanks a lot.

Edited:
Including Reference Letter:

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Asivad,

I had a question about the PR travel document in case you would know. I am in Canada right now but will be traveling to India in Aug, I doubt I will have the PR card issued to me by then. I finished my landing on Jun 3rd. So now just to have the PR document processed in time, can I get a family member to apply for the PR document from India? Is this doable?
There is a question in the form which asks,"When were you last physically present in Canada". I could put the date I was here before I flew to India and get this one going?

You think this is doable? Cuz I simply don't want to get into hassles of waiting for the PRTD while in India and cut it too close to the return time.

Advice/Suggestions please

Thank you!

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
HI Asivad,
Thanks a lot for your earlier reply... !
I am SINP applicant with AOR as 01-Apr-2016...I Have paid RPRF on 6 Jun..I have added my spouse to my application ...
NOw my doubt is..I am getting onsite opportunity from my company to work in Brampton for 1.5 years..So Should I take this opportunity ..With this opportunity I may have to fly in October...(Wherein I may get Work from home facility for month or so ..being too cold and unable to move out..Which I am not much sure abt Work from home facility ..Just heard about it from someone..that from Oct to Dec ppl do Wrok from home in Canada Due to severe cold )
will there be any problem on my PR as I am SINP so..probably I need to be in SINP province itself..Please throw some light ..Is there any risk for my PR in accepting the offer...
Awaiting for your valuable comment

Thanks
Simple

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sumairak said:
hey guys I am planning to do short landing in August and i have a question regarding bank statement.
upon landing do I have to show them a very recent bank statement like a week old or 2-3 month old statement would work? actually my bank account is in Pakistan and im here in USA so i have to ask my family to courier me the original in August.
or they accept pdf i can generate on my own through bank website.
please suggest what is accepted.

thanks,
It is highly recommended that you show the most recent bank statements and letter at the time of landing. Landing is a unique and happy experience - you wouldn't want problems while landing. So, I suggest you to try and get a very recent bank statement/letter from the bank and show that while landing.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello Asivad,

I had a question about the PR travel document in case you would know. I am in Canada right now but will be traveling to India in Aug, I doubt I will have the PR card issued to me by then. I finished my landing on Jun 3rd. So now just to have the PR document processed in time, can I get a family member to apply for the PR document from India? Is this doable?
There is a question in the form which asks,"When were you last physically present in Canada". I could put the date I was here before I flew to India and get this one going?

You think this is doable? Cuz I simply don't want to get into hassles of waiting for the PRTD while in India and cut it too close to the return time.

Advice/Suggestions please

Thank you!
Not advisable. If you are the applicant and you have activated your PR status and flew outside the country without PR card, YOU should be applying for PRTD from what I know. AFAIK, your friends or family cannot apply on your behalf.

The last date in Canada would be the day you left the country.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Simplesim said:
HI Asivad,
Thanks a lot for your earlier reply... !
I am SINP applicant with AOR as 01-Apr-2016...I Have paid RPRF on 6 Jun..I have added my spouse to my application ...
NOw my doubt is..I am getting onsite opportunity from my company to work in Brampton for 1.5 years..So Should I take this opportunity ..With this opportunity I may have to fly in October...(Wherein I may get Work from home facility for month or so ..being too cold and unable to move out..Which I am not much sure abt Work from home facility ..Just heard about it from someone..that from Oct to Dec ppl do Wrok from home in Canada Due to severe cold )
will there be any problem on my PR as I am SINP so..probably I need to be in SINP province itself..Please throw some light ..Is there any risk for my PR in accepting the offer...
Awaiting for your valuable comment

Thanks
Simple
Provinces give you nomination hoping that you will fill a market need in their province - not because you can use it as a back-door entry into Canada.

Having said that, at the time of landing, you should "intend" to live and work in Saskatchewan. Once your PR status is activated, however, you are protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. In that, point 6 - Mobility Rights gives you the right to move and live/work anywhere in Canada.

Ideally, one should land in the province that nominated them. The immigrant should sincerely try to establish him/herself in that province. Even after sincere efforts, if all fails (Not able to find job etc.), then, it might be okay to move to another province that offers a better environment for the immigrant.

I personally never recommend/advise applicants to ditch the province that nominated them and move elsewhere. Since you have got a job in Ontario, you have to make your own decision. This is a legal battle that the province will never win - AFAIK, they cannot take any legal action on you but you do have a moral responsibility to try and settle in that province.

To conclude, the choice is yours - The chances of you having problems post PR activation is minimal. However, at the time of landing, if they discover that you have a job offer in Brampton and you land there to activate your PR, you might be denied entry on grounds of misrepresentation (There is a 5 year bar - you cannot apply to go to Canada for the next 5 years).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
moderator1983 said:
Reposting:
Dear Asivad & Seniors,

Kindly help me with following questions:

My reference letter has my duties explained using technical terms which is different than NOC's 'Main Duties' wordings, however I've confirmed that the NOC code I've selected is the best match (got it confirmed with the NOC department as well). Should I include a LOE to explain and bridge the differences between my reference letter and NOC's 'Main Duties' wordings?

The duties need not match word by word. It is enough if it matches "for the most part". It is always recommended to list as many duties as possible in the reference letter.

I've total work-ex of 3 years and 8 months, which includes a tenure of 1 year of 'Management Trainee' (full time/post degree/campus recruitement) profile, where I underwent training into all the departments of the organization. I was paid a STIPEND during this period and the reference letter has it specified. Should I be worried that this can reduce my (eligible) work-ex by an year?

No, I don't think you need to be worried about this. Most people who join fresh out of college are given the title "Trainee". Haven't seen CIC not considering that experience.

Continuing from the above point... If there is a risk of loosing 1 year of work-ex in above scenario...
I'm currently working with an MNC, however I've chosen not to include that in my EE profile/application as I was not able to arrange the reference letter (in required format). Do you suggest me to include this work-ex as well?

You can do that however you will need a reference letter. If your company is not providing you with a letter, get it from your manager/cenior colleague and get the letter notarized. Along with that, attach their business card, ID card as proof.

I woke up :-X to the fact that I'll be require to furnish FBI-PCC [two trips: 1 month(2012) + 5.5 months(2015)], now as FBI's TAT is ~3 months, I'm interested to know, how much is the maximum extension does CIC sanction?

CIC has been giving applicants multiple extensions (at least 2 extensions) to submit FBI PCC.

Thanks a lot.

Edited:
Including Reference Letter:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rebelhero said:
Hi Asivad/Raj/Others,

Q1) I have got a couple of questions regarding my work experience. My current score is 478 so I am not sure if I should accept ITA if I get one soon.
My work experience is as below:

1.Graduate Teaching Assistant(USA)--Part time(20hrs/week) -- (September 2012 to May 2013 and August 2013 to May 2014). I didn't work in June and July as it was summer during school. I have read in FAQ that I cannot count teaching assistant experience under CEC but it doesn't say anything about FSW. And the requirement for being a TA/RA is one should be enrolled in school. So I am counting this experience also.

2. Associate RF Engineer--Company A--June 2014 to December 2014. Full time.
3. RF Engineer--Company B--December 2014 to current. Full time. Same NOC code as of Job-2.

I am not sure how the tool calculated my points but I am currently standing at 478. I have about 2 years of full time experience and about 19 months of part time experience(different NOC).

AFAIK, work experience gained in Canada while you were a full-time student doesn't count. My take is that this does not apply for people who have gained work experience while being a student outside Canada.

I guess you would have chosen NOC 4012 - (NOC A Category). Under that, I am able to see the following titles -

college laboratory assistant
college teaching assistant
demonstrator, laboratory – post-secondary teaching assistance
discussion group leader – post-secondary teaching assistant
graduate assistant – university
laboratory assistant, college
laboratory assistant, university
laboratory demonstrator – post-secondary teaching assistance
laboratory supervisor – post-secondary teaching assistant
marker – post-secondary teaching assistance
post-secondary research assistant
post-secondary teaching assistant
research assistant – post-secondary
research assistant, university
teaching assistant – post-secondary
teaching assistant – university
teaching assistant, college
teaching assistant, university
tutor – post-secondary teaching assistant
university laboratory assistant
university research assistant
university teaching assistant
Further, if work experience gained while being a RA/TA was not allowed, then CIC would have mentioned that this NOC is not applicable for people applying under EE.

So, IMO, I guess you can add up the part-time experience you gained while you were a student.

Check this link below -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=6

This further reinforces what I have said above.

Q2) All my previous employers are willing to provide me letter of employment with all the required details. However, I don't have pay slips from previous employers. Do we need to submit pay slips for all the years or will the most recent ones will suffice? All my employers are helpful and are willing to provide all sort of documentation needed to prove my employment and annual salary.

Payslips are not mandatory. As long as the reference letter mentions all the details as required by CIC, you wouldn't need further documentation.

Q3) For proof of funds, do I need to show monthly statements with balance of $12000 CAD for past six months. My monthly balance has been gradually increasing from $8000 CAD and now its around $15000 CAD. To supplement this amount, I can show my bank statements from my Indian bank accounts. Please advise what would be the best thing to do in this case.

If you can get a letter from the bank that mentions the average balance for the past 6 months, then, you wouldn't need to submit 6 months statements. Otherwise, you need to submit 6 months bank statements along with a bank letter.

I appreciate it a lot if you can reply to my questions. Thanks!

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Hi Asivad and other senior members
I recently received a PPR letter from CIC. I'm currently in Alberta on a vacation for 3 months but my permanent address is in Ontario now. That's the address that I used on my application.
Can I mail my passport using Canada post in AB and received it back here in AB too?
Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
anky2015 said:
Hey Asivad,
I need your suggestions and help urgently. I have applied for the OINP since Nov 2015, still haven't got the nomination yet. I am on post graduation work permit right now which is valid until Nov 2018. Now I'm going to India to get married next month.

So I need your advice n opinion on the following queries :-
- Do I have to inform OINP as soon as I'll get married?

Yes, please inform OINP about this.

- I want to get my fiance here, so what should be the best way to sponsor her, to get the visitor visa for her or should I apply for her as a dependent under the work permit program category?

Since she is your dependent, I guess you can apply for an open work permit for her?

Check this -

you are a family member who has been included in an application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, and you have received a letter stating that your application has been found eligible
Your spouse or common-law partner is
a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B,
or
an international student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
you are a family member of a foreign representative
you are a family member of a foreign military member who is working in Canada
you are the family member of someone whose application has been approved under one of the following:
Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada
Protected Person
Live-in Caregiver Program
Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

- what all docs will I need to apply for her?

Check this -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

I'll really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks in advance.

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
biz said:
Hi Asivad and other senior members
I recently received a PPR letter from CIC. I'm currently in Alberta on a vacation for 3 months but my permanent address is in Ontario now. That's the address that I used on my application.
Can I mail my passport using Canada post in AB and received it back here in AB too?
Thanks
Yes, you can. As long as you send it in a single envelope with a pre-paid return envelope, you can choose where you want your passport returned and it does not have to be your permanent address used during your application. Congrats on PPR!

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
artray said:
Yes, you can. As long as you send it in a single envelope with a pre-paid return envelope, you can choose where you want your passport returned and it does not have to be your permanent address used during your application. Congrats on PPR!
Thank you +1. It was such a relief! I thought I need to fly back to Toronto just to send my passport.