File Transfer...
06/11
Med's Done....
10/11, BG: IP 05/04
Passport Req..
12/04
Asivad Anac said:
Personal choice.

Remember that you are free to bring in as much money as you want while landing but you'll need to declare if you're carrying more than 10000 CAD in cash. POF, if asked for at port of entry, can be proved by showing documentation about monies held in a bank account in your home country.

More here ---> http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/how-do-i-bring-money-into-canada-proof-of-funds/
Thank you very much for your response. So I don't have to be cautious about money in the bank. I can transfer it to CADs at anytime which will not create any problem in processing of my PR application.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hello,

My husbands name is misspelt in his degree marks card and certificate. We had sent an affidavit about it while applying for ECA and was excepted. Will an affidavit be required to be uploaded or a letter of explanation can be written?

Thank you in advance

Regards
Karishma Kumar

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Hello,

My husbands name is misspelt in his degree marks card and certificate. We had sent an affidavit about it while applying for ECA and was excepted. Will an affidavit be required to be uploaded or a letter of explanation can be written?

Thank you in advance

Regards
Karishma Kumar
Nothing required - If name on the ECA report matches the degree and the passport. Else recommend an affidavit clarifying that all variations of the name pertain to the same person.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Asivad Anac, do we need to provide proofs for the addresses mentioned in Address History and all the entries in personal history?

I really appreciate the help you are providing to everyone on this forum.

Thank you
Karishma Kumar

Ruchz

Jan 12, 2016
Hello Asivad,

Hope you are doing well. I read a lot in Forums and I found you the best member to take suggestion.

I am really confused about couple of points.

a) In the last 10 years i have stayed in two cities in india one is my hometown i.e. Mohali and the other is Dehradun where i did my MBA from, so my question is do i need to get the PCC from both the places , as of now i have got the PCC stamped from CHANDIGARH PSK (CHANDIGARH Passport Office) i have read this forum regarding this question many times and found mixed answers on this. Can you provide some concrete thing regarding this which i can mention in the LOE.

b) CIC asks to mention all the addresses where you have stayed in the last 10 years, so after i enter these details in the form will the ask for any document to prove that i stayed at these addresses ?

c) Also do we need to get our MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE APOSTILLE or it will work they we got it ?

d) Another thing is that my husband's father had applied UK tourist Visa for my husband (as he was only 16 years of age at that time) in the year 2004 and that got rejected (we have a proof from the UK embassy for the reason as insufficent funds for rejection )and their is stamp in his passport for the same though this passport expired in 2013 and now he has a fresh passport, also to mention later in 2011 when he applied again for the UK tourist VISA he got one and also traveled to UK. So should we mention this or not ?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Asivad ,

My family is on vacation trip to India for two months . My application is already under process , I have following questions

1)Does she need to get the PCC from India for 2 month stay (or) once she comes back to USA I get her PCC again from Indian consulate in USA ?

2)should I send a CSE about their travel history to CIC ?

To me both for the above questions , the answer is "Not needed" , but I want your opinion .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi Asivad ,

My family is on vacation trip to India for two months . My application is already under process , I have following questions

1)Does she need to get the PCC from India for 2 month stay (or) once she comes back to USA I get her PCC again from Indian consulate in USA ?

2)should I send a CSE about their travel history to CIC ?

To me both for the above questions , the answer is "Not needed" , but I want your opinion .
Your answer is correct, nothing needed.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Asivad Anac, do we need to provide proofs for the addresses mentioned in Address History and all the entries in personal history?

I really appreciate the help you are providing to everyone on this forum.

Thank you
Karishma Kumar
Not required.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Asivad,
After your PR application is submitted can you change your job? Will this affect your application? Im inland CEC and submitted my application on Dec 14th. I might have to change by job due to some personal reasons. I just however want to know if this will affect my PR.
This is kinda urgent.
Look forward to your reply .
Thanks again.

Dec 30, 2015
Hi Asivac,

Thanks for the great job you do on all the chatrooms. I'm also an Inland FSW with no movement for awhile. Its really getting alarming for me because of some news ive read in the chat rooms here. 5 months and 1 week, Yet no final answer. I recently requested for my gcms notes some days back in a frantic bid to know what was going on. I hope i will get a reply before the gcms notes come in. Here is my time line :

ITA: June 23
AOR: Aug 3
Eligibility: in progress
medicals: passed
Background status: not started
Ghost emails: Nov 13, Dec31
cic call: Dec 28

Since then, i have not heard any news or positive feedback. I currently reside in canada and I thought that was supposed to sepeed things up but it isnt. Let me know your thoughts guys Embarrassed

Sandip13

Jun 28, 2015
Hi Asivad,

MY AOR is 27 NOV, ECAS/UCI is still not working.

Today, Job Portal also show EE profile does not match job validation code. But on other end I am regularly received job alerts on my email. Hope there is nothing to worry . Pls guide

Sandip

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello Asivad,
After your PR application is submitted can you change your job? Will this affect your application? Im inland CEC and submitted my application on Dec 14th. I might have to change by job due to some personal reasons. I just however want to know if this will affect my PR.
This is kinda urgent.
Look forward to your reply .
Thanks again.
If this was an LMIA approved job or a job that matters towards your PN, No. Else, Yes.

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
Dear Asivad,

First of all, congratz on ur PR and wish u all the best in Canada!

I would like to ask ur opinion about my status. My back ground check has been "in progress" for more than 3 months now and I already finished 5 months since submission of all documents (August 2nd 2015). Going through other members posts, it seems some people take less than a month to finish this stage. Any ideas why? do you think my application has been misplaced or forgotten or something? Is there anyway to check or send a reminder??

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,
Thanks lot for your timely help. I got one more doubt while preparing for my PR application. Under Immigration history & Citizenship, they asked Has applied for CIC before? I had applied for tourist visa for Canada in 2014 and got visa with multiple entries. Shall I include this? and the visa number 8 digit can be included as UCI No.? Because same will again reflect in Travel history also as I visited Canada for 72 days in 2014. Kindly explain. Thanks again.