VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Okay. Thank You.

In case I get it it's straight forward. But there are high chances I won't

I worked for 3 years with IBM from 2008 to 2011

Role 1 ( 2008- 2009) : Temporary contract role( IBM calls it FTH)

For this I have an offer letter with " job title1" dating 2008.
However I have a relieving letter dating 2008 to 2009 before they converted me to a permanent employee. Something IBM does.

Role 2( 2009 -2011):

I have an offer letter with " job title 2" dated starting of 2009.

Then my final relieving letter dated from 2009 to 2011.

If you see, I worked for 2 different roles with IBM, one as a contract hire and one as a full time hire.

Now in case they don't give the reference letters as per the CIC template, I will have to submit these 2 offer letters and relieving letters.

And I will add a LOA saying I could not obtain the letters in the said format.

Since I will be under CEC as I have met only CEC, I can get the reference letters and offer of employment for my current job just the way CIC wants it.

So my issue is with my foreign work experience. What should I do?
You've been awarded points for this experience so you'll need to get reference letters for this experience as well. The most important part of the work reference letter is job responsibilities which should match, but not be an exact copy of, the main duties of your chosen NOC. If you're unable to get IBM to give you a reference letter with the required details on their letterhead, you can request ex-supervisor/colleague to write a reference letter on plain paper 'from' their end 'to whoever it may concern' with all details required by CIC. Get this letter signed by them, dated recently and notarized. Submit this along with all other employment evidence you have including job offer letter, relieving letter etc along with an LOE wherein you regret not being able to submit the reference letter in the required format because of organizational policies and request the officer to accept this alternative.

All the best!

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! Thank you once again.
Also even contract work experience counts as foreign experience right because I have mentioned that and I have points for that.

And get it notarized from where?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Great! Thank you once again.
Also even contract work experience counts as foreign experience right because I have mentioned that and I have points for that.

Any paid work experience in NOC 0/A/B acquired within the last 10 years can be counted.

And get it notarized from where?

Check the formalities with any notary public closest to your location.

abhishishir

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello All & Asivad
Firstly I would like to thank you for the great work you are doing and by giving unbiased opinions. I got an Ita on 2nd Oct 2015 with 454 points . I had few queries regarding that.
1. I got Eca for my Masters in Architecture & Bachelor of Architecture with Canadian equivalency as Masters of Architecture. While filling the form it asks for education history, where I have mentioned my secondary as well as high school education. I don't have an eca report for them and fill no in the question where it is asked. Will that be an issue?
2. I am not claiming any points for my spouse work experience. But in the employment history, I have mentioned her employment and that data is transmitted and locked. Thus it asks for reference letters and it is difficult to get them in the cic format. Do I have to provide it for all 3 companies or latest will suffice.
3. I transmitted my profile with NOC 2131 as it was in demand occupation list earlier and matches my job profile as well. Although my education is as per 2151 Architects and job profile and duties match it even more. So can I change my NOC to 2151 after Ita in fear of rejection with 2131.
4. My pnp application to Saskatchewan and nova scotia have been rejected once for license required as per NOC and adaptability issues respectively as my brother stays in Alberta. Should I write an Loe to explain the rejections.
Thank you and wish for your speedy processing. Best regards
Abhishek

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
400+ is a necessary but not sufficient condition for an Ontario nomination. Ontario chooses to send an invitation to some EE applicants based on other 'unwritten' criteria as well.

Once they send you an invite, you have 45 days to send them a completed application. They are committed to processing 80% applications within 6 months or less. Once they process it positively and send you a nomination, you can accept that and it will add 600 points to your CRS leading to an ITA in the very next draw.
Thanks a lot once again :)
Is there anyway to apply to them. Also after how many days of submitting the EE profile, do they get in touch with you.. any idea ?
If i apply to a region, am i exempted from other regions or from the pool overall ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Thanks a lot once again :)
Is there anyway to apply to them. Also after how many days of submitting the EE profile, do they get in touch with you.. any idea ?
If i apply to a region, am i exempted from other regions or from the pool overall ?
It depends on Ontario - they might never send an invitation to some applicants - no one really know their 'unwritten' criteria.

You can apply to multiple provinces simultaneously, your profile will stay active in the pool.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishishir said:
Hello All & Asivad
Firstly I would like to thank you for the great work you are doing and by giving unbiased opinions. I got an Ita on 2nd Oct 2015 with 454 points . I had few queries regarding that.
1. I got Eca for my Masters in Architecture & Bachelor of Architecture with Canadian equivalency as Masters of Architecture. While filling the form it asks for education history, where I have mentioned my secondary as well as high school education. I don't have an eca report for them and fill no in the question where it is asked. Will that be an issue?

You don't need to mention them. No harm if you did.

2. I am not claiming any points for my spouse work experience. But in the employment history, I have mentioned her employment and that data is transmitted and locked. Thus it asks for reference letters and it is difficult to get them in the cic format. Do I have to provide it for all 3 companies or latest will suffice.

Whatever you upload will be summarily ignored and no points will be allotted there so it doesn't matter what you upload. You can safely remove that from work history altogether and you won't be prompted for any documents.

3. I transmitted my profile with NOC 2131 as it was in demand occupation list earlier and matches my job profile as well. Although my education is as per 2151 Architects and job profile and duties match it even more. So can I change my NOC to 2151 after Ita in fear of rejection with 2131.

Choose NOC carefully. If you believe your job responsibilities match with 2151, go with that else go with 2131. You can make that change post ITA but ensure that this change doesn't make you ineligible for the program somehow. The key is your primary NOC. There is no preference for any NOC (0/A/B) under EE.

4. My pnp application to Saskatchewan and nova scotia have been rejected once for license required as per NOC and adaptability issues respectively as my brother stays in Alberta. Should I write an Loe to explain the rejections.

No LOE required. Just answer the statutory questions truthfully.

Thank you and wish for your speedy processing. Best regards
Abhishek

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Asivad ,

My bank has given me letter on 22-Sep-2015 .
But my Sep 2015 salary is credited on bank account on 23-Sep-2015 .
I am attaching the last 6 month payslip .. So will CIC understand that Sep salary didn't appear in statements because the salary came one day after the letter date . Any way I added a one line in loe telling this .,

Please let me know if its ok ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi Asivad ,

My bank has given me letter on 22-Sep-2015 .
But my Sep 2015 salary is credited on bank account on 23-Sep-2015 .
I am attaching the last 6 month payslip .. So will CIC understand that Sep salary didn't appear in statements because the salary came one day after the letter date . Any way I added a one line in loe telling this .,

Please let me know if its ok ?
Perfectly fine explanation - CIC won't suspect that these are borrowed funds.

silkyshadow

Sep 19, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Please can you help with a question on ITA, on Proof of Relationship (required):

I have stated I have a sister in Canada and I will like to confirm if that is what they mean by proof of relationship

I intend uploading my sister birth certificate.

Thanks

bigronaldo

Aug 18, 2015
Dear Asivad and seniors,

Please suggest.

Where to upload the IELTS results report in the application. I am not able to find any placeholder for language test. I read somewhere that there were applications rejected due to missing IELTS report.

Please help.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigronaldo said:
Dear Asivad and seniors,

Please suggest.

Where to upload the IELTS results report in the application. I am not able to find any placeholder for language test. I read somewhere that there were applications rejected due to missing IELTS report.

Please help.

Regards
This is not required and no one has been rejected for not uploading an IELTS report.

If you want to upload, do it in the Education placeholder.