24-02-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
Thank you Asivad.
I was promoted in the NOC in the 1.5 years of experience I am claiming points for. Should i get the reference letters for both positions or just one would suffice.?

Farhanzahid

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Dear Asivad,
i have a question that i am a government servant working as a doctor in a hospital would be this a issue?

manbir42

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
And what should i write for the "complete/academic years" number if I have a 2 year master degree, recognized as 4 years bachelor degree? ???Thank you ;D

ume_can

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
CIC does ask for that but I imagine they do that only to confirm that the account is at least 6 months old. If you are submitting a bank letter that mentions 6 months average balance (or bank statements for the last 6 months) you can get away with not including this detail.
Yes, I will be submitting bank statement from Jan-2015 to Oct-2015 for my account which is 2 years old and has more than required funds for a single applicant since last year. Then, account open date does not matter.
Thank you so much!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manbir42 said:
Thank you Asivad.
I was promoted in the NOC in the 1.5 years of experience I am claiming points for. Should i get the reference letters for both positions or just one would suffice.?
If the NOC did not change, one reference letter would suffice. If the NOC changed, you can update either 2 letters (1 for each NOC) or get 2 distinct job responsibilities (corresponding to each NOC and distinguished by job tenure) mentioned in 1 reference letter itself and upload that.

manbir42 said:
And what should i write for the "complete/academic years" number if I have a 2 year master degree, recognized as 4 years bachelor degree? ???Thank you ;D
2 years.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Farhanzahid said:
Dear Asivad,
i have a question that i am a government servant working as a doctor in a hospital would be this a issue?
No. You'll need to get valid reference letters to claim points for this experience.

manbir42

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
And what about the application, Can both my positions under the same NOC in the same company be mentioned as one job or should i mention it as two different jobs? In case it's mentioned as one job what would be the title of that? Thank You......

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Hello,
I need help here regarding work experience letters. I want to claim 3 years of work experience under FSW.
I have three jobs (three reference letters) , all of them in one NOC code.

Dear Immigration Officer,

This is to certify that Ms. XXX, daughter of XXXX, was working full-time in XXXX as an electronics engineer from July 21, 2007 to September 22, 2008. Her salary was XXXX annually. Work weeks are 5 days, Saturday to Wednesday, 8 hours per day, starting at 9 in the morning.
Her major responsibilities included designing electrical and electronic circuits and systems, investigating electrical or electronic failures and preparing reports and design specifications for the above mentioned circuits and systems. These circuits and systems were to be used in automatic teller machines (ATMs). She was also in charge of repairing or replacing defective and old components in ATMs.
If you have any queries please contact us at the address, email or tell below.

Sincerely yours.
XXXXX
Member of the board, Support Manager
Place: XXXX
Dated: XXXX

This is to certify that Ms. XXX, daughter of XXXX, was working full-time in XXXX as an electronics engineer from October 22, 2011 to August 22, 2012 and earned XXXXX annually. Work weeks are 5 days, Saturday to Wednesday, 8 hours per day, starting at 9 in the morning.
Her major responsibilities included supervising and inspecting the installation of automatic teller machines (ATMs) and testing the operation of their electronic systems and circuits. She was also in charge of preparing contract documents and supervising technicians.
Sincerely yours.

XXXX
Dated: XXXXX

This is to certify that XXXX, daughter of XXXXX, was working full-time in XXXXX as an electronics engineer from June 1, 2009 to September 1, 2010 and earned XXXXXX annually. She worked from Saturday to Tuesday, 8 hours per day, starting at 9 in the morning.
Her major responsibilities included supervising and inspecting the installation of automatic teller machines (ATMs) and testing the operation of their electronic systems and circuits
Sincerely yours.

XXXX

The third work experience is during time when I was a Master student and working on my thesis. Does it count? Can I claim three years of work experience?

Any help appreciated.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manbir42 said:
And what about the application, Can both my positions under the same NOC in the same company be mentioned as one job or should i mention it as two different jobs? In case it's mentioned as one job what would be the title of that? Thank You......
That will be a single line item in Work history as the NOC did not change. Mention your current job title.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Hello,
I need help here regarding work experience letters. I want to claim 3 years of work experience under FSW.
I have three jobs (three reference letters) , all of them in one NOC code.

This is to certify that Ms. XXX, daughter of XXXX, was working full-time in XXXX as an electronics engineer from July 21, 2007 to September 22, 2008. Her salary was XXXX annually. Work weeks are 5 days, Saturday to Wednesday, 8 hours per day, starting at 9 in the morning.
Her major responsibilities included designing electrical and electronic circuits and systems, investigating electrical or electronic failures and preparing reports and design specifications for the above mentioned circuits and systems. These circuits and systems were to be used in automatic teller machines (ATMs). She was also in charge of repairing or replacing defective and old components in ATMs.

Sincerely yours.
XXXXX

This is to certify that Ms. XXX, daughter of XXXX, was working full-time in XXXX as an electronics engineer from October 22, 2011 to August 22, 2012 and earned XXXXX annually. Work weeks are 5 days, Saturday to Wednesday, 8 hours per day, starting at 9 in the morning.
Her major responsibilities included supervising and inspecting the installation of automatic teller machines (ATMs) and testing the operation of their electronic systems and circuits. She was also in charge of preparing contract documents and supervising technicians.
Sincerely yours.

XXXX
Dated: XXXXX

This is to certify that XXXX, daughter of XXXXX, was working full-time in XXXXX as an electronics engineer from June 1, 2009 to September 1, 2010 and earned XXXXXX annually. She worked from Saturday to Tuesday, 8 hours per day, starting at 9 in the morning.
Her major responsibilities included supervising and inspecting the installation of automatic teller machines (ATMs) and testing the operation of their electronic systems and circuits
Sincerely yours.

XXXX

The third work experience is during time when I was a Master student and working on my thesis. Does it count? Can I claim three years of work experience?

Any help appreciated.
If your Masters education was outside Canada, you can count that experience.

You should be able to claim more than 36 months of experience and that would be full time because you have worked at least 32 hours/week across all 3 jobs.

Have you checked if your job responsibilities match with the main duties of your chosen NOC? Strongly recommend that you try and get an expanded list of responsibilities (as bullet points, where possible) in line with your chosen NOC - right now, they don't appear very comprehensive.

All the best!

manbir42

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
Thanks again. Deeply appreciated

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Thanks a lot Asivad. You have been very helpful to a lot of us.

I had one more querry. Can you please throw some light on how does the Ontario PNP work. I had read that individuals with CRS scores over 400 usually get an invitation to apply for nomination. I have 400+ but havent yet received any message from them.

Further what are the stages for the Ontario nomination, how long does it take and what is the success rate of getting a nomination ?

regards,

manbir42

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
Asivad Anac said:
That will be a single line item in Work history as the NOC did not change. Mention your current job title.
Just one last thing, In the application mentioning the job title at which I had quit from the organization doesnt show my other position which was the lower one. Would it have any bearing during verification where they might question that I hadn't mentioned it in the application? thanks again asivad

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey maestro, here is a situation i want your comments on, in my first job i was in merchant ship and hence had to travel across the globe... I did not visit any country as i was onboard the whole time..... I was obviously out of my country as i have entry and exit stamp on my passport...how do i account this? What do i write in country visited?