+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

ume_can

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Hello Asivad,

Query related to 'Personal History' form:
My Higher Secondary Schooling (12th Grade in India) comes under 10 years of personal history.
If activity type is "Educational activity" then what would be the
1. Field of Study - Is it "Sciences, General" as I studied Science stream ?
2. Level of education - Is it High School graduation ?

Thanks!

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Hi asivad,
I have taken medical 4 days ago
Clinic gave me the duplicate report of upfront medical and told me that it will take 10 days to complete all tests

I am planning to submit my application on coming thursday

What do u suggest
Should i submit the same clinic report , would it enough as it is showing some tests as incomplete

Ot should i wait for the full report?

md321

Aug 15, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
My biggest doubt still is about one year continuous employment. Though I have about 12 years of experience, I never worked continuously for 12 months. I have worked for different companies and for some company, employment duration was more than 2 calendar years. But because of job nature, I worked for 4/5 months on ship then again stay in vacation for 3/4 months and again join ship and so on. For some company, I received salary in vacation also and for some company, salary was continued only on board. However, accumulated sea service or on board time for each company was more than 12 months. I have found some information in Operation Bulletin 173 issued on January 8, 2010, about the clarification of continuous work and break in employment. But unfortunately, this one is expired. I could not locate the amended one.

Do you know is there any updated version of OB173? or do you have any suggestion how should I explain my situation or am I at all eligible for FSW ? I searched many threads to clear my doubt. But still I am confused.

I haven't been able to find any revisions to OB173 or any exceptions under EE-MI either for your specific case. Be that as it may, when you say that in some case your employment duration was more than 2 calendar years, if you implied that you had a 2 year work contract, that would still make you eligible for FSW. If you want to be reassured on this front, send a CSE to confirm this. Before doing that, try creating an EE profile with your relevant information to confirm if the system deems you eligible automatically (if you haven't done that already).

Thank you
Hi Asivad,
Sorry again to disturb you.

As per your suggestion, I have recreated another EE profile. This time I did not put my work experience by calendar year. Instead, I put the time only when I was in Ship (4 months on ship and 4/5 months in leave and so on). And Surprisingly, in the status it is shown that FSW & MEC eligibility is met. Does it mean that I can consider my application is safe in terms of FSW eligibility criteria(1 year continuous employment) ?

Thank you.

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Proof of Work experience

I have a question for the proof of Work Experience for Express entry Programme.

In India, employers only provide a relieving letter covering the name, date of joining and date of leaving of the organization. Even on request, they are not providing the required details.

Please can you suggest any alternative way to meet the documentation requirements.

Can an affidavit (on a stamp paper duly notarized by the Govt official) by the Supervisor explaining the Salary & Job responsibilities at each position within the tenure of the company and the working hours be accepted as a valid proof?

Appreciate your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
md321 said:
Hi Asivad,
Sorry again to disturb you.

As per your suggestion, I have recreated another EE profile. This time I did not put my work experience by calendar year. Instead, I put the time only when I was in Ship (4 months on ship and 4/5 months in leave and so on). And Surprisingly, in the status it is shown that FSW & MEC eligibility is met. Does it mean that I can consider my application is safe in terms of FSW eligibility criteria(1 year continuous employment) ?

Thank you.
If the system deems you eligible, no more doubts on that front. All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A M Gupta said:
Hello Asivad

I have a doubt. My husband had been to Norway for 3 months work purpose through an Indian company. So while mentioning personal activities, do we need to specify it separately.

No. This will be covered under Employment category for that time period.

Also he travelled to some other places for a week on business visa. Do we need to mention this in personal activities section. We have already written in travel history.

Same as above.

1 more thing, we are living in germany since 2 yrs and have a residence permit. Do I need to mention this in travel document?

I imagine only the passport from your country of citizenship is mandatory, this should be an optional submission.

Thank you Asivad. :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ume_can said:
Hello Asivad,

Query related to 'Personal History' form:
My Higher Secondary Schooling (12th Grade in India) comes under 10 years of personal history.
If activity type is "Educational activity" then what would be the
1. Field of Study - Is it "Sciences, General" as I studied Science stream ?
2. Level of education - Is it High School graduation ?

Thanks!
Yes to both.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nickarter84 said:
Hi asivad,
I have taken medical 4 days ago
Clinic gave me the duplicate report of upfront medical and told me that it will take 10 days to complete all tests

I am planning to submit my application on coming thursday

What do u suggest
Should i submit the same clinic report , would it enough as it is showing some tests as incomplete

Ot should i wait for the full report?
Submit whenever you're ready - you don't have to wait for the full report.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
md321 said:
Hi Asivad,
Thank you very much for your continuous help.

With the complex situation of my work experience, I am becoming tempted to hire an immigration consultant. But not sure, will it be a good idea or not. After visiting few offices, I got a feeling that most of the consultants are getting the work done by their staff. Consultant himself/herself is not actively involved in document & explanation preparation about which I am concerned, though they were ICCRC member.

My question is,
If I hire an immigration consultant, will I loose access to my CIC account ?

Most probably, yes. Consultants have multi-user logins different from the single applicant logins. So you won't be provided independent access to your application. This is done to protect a consultant from being taken for a ride by a bad customer (unlikely but it happens).

By law, is the consultant obliged to inform me each communication made by CIC ?

By law, probably yes. In practice, probably no.

What is the possibility that they will prepare the documents or explanation better than the applicant ? (This is because I have lot of things to explain and lot of documents to submit, but because of upload limit, I will have to leave something and not sure what to leave & what to upload)

In extremely complicated legal tangles with significant long term ramifications (like a child custody issue or past criminal record, for instance) and ICCRC registered consultant would provide better advice and help,you write a better explanation letter than any freelance consultans on an online forum. For most routine questions and regular applications though, hiring a consultant is an overkill.

Thanks again.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Thanks ... Perfect answer for those scary statory questions... Never seen such a perfect person with perfect answer to all questions ... Wish I was your siblings :)

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Asivad ,

I had appendicitis surgery 3 yrs back and ofcourse I said this during medicals and the doctor did mention this in emedicals , because of which I got B grading .. So now when I upload the emedicals , should I also upload an LOE + medical reports from that surgery , get some fitness certificate from the doctor something like that ?

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
This is a great thread! I have mentioned on other threads that Asivad Anac is THE most helpful poster here, and now seeing a full thread dedicated to his/her greatness.

I have a query again-- on gaps in work. For my spouse, she has been doing consultancies over fixed contracts, which inevitably spill over the contract time-frame and hence take longer to complete. Along with maternity time-out, she has a total of only about 14 months work over the last 3 years, but all of it relevant. Are these gaps looked at with suspicion? Or when the time comes do we share a letter of explanation on the various gaps? What's the best thing to do here?

ume_can

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Hello Asivad,

Thanks for helping us all out. Please resolve some more queries.

Q1. As most of the PNP nominated guys are getting request for Schedule 4 after submission of application, I am thinking to attach "Cover letter explaining Schedule 4 is only applicable for me + Schedule 4 + nomination letter" under LOE section. Does it make sense or should I wait till I am asked for it?

Q2. Education, Employment and POF sections require PDFs that contains multiple pages. I am thinking to attach "Cover letter as first page that mentions 'Serial Number, Document Name, Page Number' in a tabular format" so that it makes the life of VO easier. Is it advisable to do that?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ume_can said:
Hello Asivad,

Thanks for helping us all out. Please resolve some more queries.

Q1. As most of the PNP nominated guys are getting request for Schedule 4 after submission of application, I am thinking to attach "Cover letter explaining Schedule 4 is only applicable for me + Schedule 4 + nomination letter" under LOE section. Does it make sense or should I wait till I am asked for it?

Don't provide unsolicited information. Wait for them to ask for it.

Q2. Education, Employment and POF sections require PDFs that contains multiple pages. I am thinking to attach "Cover letter as first page that mentions 'Serial Number, Document Name, Page Number' in a tabular format" so that it makes the life of VO easier. Is it advisable to do that?

Not a problem at all.

Thanks!