TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, looks like that is the only option you have. The proof that your spouse has applied for a passport along with a convincing letter of explanation *might* do the trick.

Once she gets her passport, you can raise a CSE and submit the copies of her passport.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. totally agree
in the spouse forms, i have two options : to put ID document or/and passeport, can you explain me why it will be risky (just want to hear your opinion)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

We are preparing our PR application and have a few doubts.

1. Other names that you may have - There are 3 questions here.

a. In some of the college certificates, the mothers name appears on the certificate. Does this qualify as an other name you may have. Do we need to add this to the list of Other names you may have.

No.

b. Now if the candidates name is Ram Shankar and some documents have Ram shankar and some have Rama shankar, does this pose as a problem? The Passport has Rama shankar and so does the EE application. Do we need to add Ram shankar as an other name in the list ? Bit confused about this.

This might be a problem. Recommend that you upload a notarized self declaration which explains that both versions of the name belong to the same person and supports this with documents which show both versions of the name. Don't answer 'Yes' to the question 'Did you ever use another name?'

c. Also in a couple of certificates the name appears as Shankar Rama, does this also qualify as an other name ?

Include this version as well in the above declaration.

2. Addresses of all the places you have lived in the last 10 years - Do we need to give a list of all places including rented accomodation/ hostel names/ all addresses we have lived in across cities ?

Not necessary. Give your permanent address within that country for the entire duration of stay in that country.

3. Which state/ city do you intend to reside in ? - Do they award the PR basis the city/ region we give them ?

Currently we are confused between 2-3 cities and have given toronto to be on a safer side. is that OK?

This is fine, it has no impact on your PR application.

4. How much money will you bring in ? - We are 2 of us and had initially mentioned over 22K CAD in the EE application whereas the CIC website mentions 15K CAD for 2 people, can we change this to 15K CAD now in the PR application ?

Will we have to show POF for 15K or 20K ?

You can change in to 15K. You're required to show POF for 15K only.

5. 10 Years Personal History - Is it OK to have a 1-2 month gap in the 10 years personal history?

No gaps allowed.

6. Proof of Funds - Can we show a PF statement & a gift deed from fathers & cousins ?

Yes.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
hey Asivad, I submitted my application on Dec 23 and got my AOR. However, in my education segment, I didn't attach my transcripts, just the final degrees and ECA's... should I send a CSE with transcripts?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
crazydesifool said:
hey Asivad, I submitted my application on Dec 23 and got my AOR. However, in my education segment, I didn't attach my transcripts, just the final degrees and ECA's... should I send a CSE with transcripts?
Who said transcripts are required? AFAIK, transcripts are NOT required.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
rajkamalmohanram said:
Who said transcripts are required? AFAIK, transcripts are NOT required.

that's what I thought and didn't attach them, now, a friend of mine who got her PR through EE 2 weeks back said she sent transcripts and it's a must.. so here I am, this is me... there is no where else I wanna be.. LOL, bryan adams lyrics.. :p :p :p sorry...

so yeah here I am, looking for answers...

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
so, should I send them a CSE or not? guys please help

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
In the absence of UCI, the EE application number option is the only one that will work along with Identification Type as 'Application number/Case number'. Try using Chrome if you've been using a different browser so far.
Nope, nothing yet. Tried IE even (the horrorz!). This must mean I haven't been granted access. Oh well, not in a hurry anyway :) They can take the full 6 months.

Edit: BTW, my background check changed from "in progress" to "not needed at this time" yesterday. On the face value of it it doesn't sound like good news. But I don't remember ever reading anywhere that anybody got their status changed to "Passed" under background check so perhaps this is their way of showing the BG check is now complete?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:
Nope, nothing yet. Tried IE even (the horrorz!). This must mean I haven't been granted access. Oh well, not in a hurry anyway :) They can take the full 6 months.

Edit: BTW, my background check changed from "in progress" to "not needed at this time" yesterday. On the face value of it it doesn't sound like good news. But I don't remember ever reading anywhere that anybody got their status changed to "Passed" under background check so perhaps this is their way of showing the BG check is now complete?
Apparently, ECAS hasn't been working properly for a while now. Ignore that and just focus on MyCIC. BG check moving to that status probably means that you're close to a decision being made on your application.

All the best!

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Apparently, ECAS hasn't been working properly for a while now. Ignore that and just focus on MyCIC. BG check moving to that status probably means that you're close to a decision being made on your application.

All the best!

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
hi Asivad and all, I have a silly question... I just went through my submitted application, in the section for ECA certificate number, I wrote the WES ref#xxxxxIMM as it was mentioned... now i am confused, should it have been just the numbers?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
crazydesifool said:
hi Asivad and all, I have a silly question... I just went through my submitted application, in the section for ECA certificate number, I wrote the WES ref#xxxxxIMM as it was mentioned... now i am confused, should it have been just the numbers?
You have mentioned it correctly. Nothing to panic

harry16125

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
11-04-2016
Hi Asivad

I simply submitted my passports alongwith Photographs to VFS. Neither I mentioned the name/address of photograhper Nor VFS team told me to do so. Could you pls advice if it can land me into any problem/delay ?

Rgds

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
hi Asivad Anac

for my PCC, I have applied to USA FBI and Denmark where I lived before. Until 2010, I was holding my passport in my maiden name surname. This is what I used in Denmark and for usa social security number as well. Then after I returned to India, I changed my passport and other details to my married name surname.
I hv sent a covering letter along with fd 258 to FBI asking them to note the fact that my surname in social security and the current surname are different. will this suffice?

regards
Dpr

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Thanks a lot Asivad. I had some more doubts highlighted in blue.

Hi,

We are preparing our PR application and have a few doubts.

1. Other names that you may have - There are 3 questions here.

a. In some of the college certificates, the mothers name appears on the certificate. Does this qualify as an other name you may have. Do we need to add this to the list of Other names you may have.

No.

b. Now if the candidates name is Ram Shankar and some documents have Ram shankar and some have Rama shankar, does this pose as a problem? The Passport has Rama shankar and so does the EE application. Do we need to add Ram shankar as an other name in the list ? Bit confused about this.

This might be a problem. Recommend that you upload a notarized self declaration which explains that both versions of the name belong to the same person and supports this with documents which show both versions of the name. Don't answer 'Yes' to the question 'Did you ever use another name?'

c. Also in a couple of certificates the name appears as Shankar Rama, does this also qualify as an other name ?

Include this version as well in the above declaration.

2. Addresses of all the places you have lived in the last 10 years - Do we need to give a list of all places including rented accomodation/ hostel names/ all addresses we have lived in across cities ?

Not necessary. Give your permanent address within that country for the entire duration of stay in that country.

In the 10 year period, we have lived 2 years in one city, then 2 years in an other city for work and education. This will be seen in the Personal History. We would need to then in that case give addresses of all cities where we lived in or just one permanent address in the country ?

3. Which state/ city do you intend to reside in ? - Do they award the PR basis the city/ region we give them ?

Currently we are confused between 2-3 cities and have given toronto to be on a safer side. is that OK?

This is fine, it has no impact on your PR application.

4. How much money will you bring in ? - We are 2 of us and had initially mentioned over 22K CAD in the EE application whereas the CIC website mentions 15K CAD for 2 people, can we change this to 15K CAD now in the PR application ?

Will we have to show POF for 15K or 20K ?

You can change in to 15K. You're required to show POF for 15K only.

5. 10 Years Personal History - Is it OK to have a 1-2 month gap in the 10 years personal history?

No gaps allowed.

What do we fill in for gaps ?Time taken out to travel / study ?

6. Proof of Funds - Can we show a PF statement & a gift deed from fathers & cousins ?

Yes.

Can Mutual Funds/ SIP statements be shown for POF ?