+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank You all. Pay back time. Got my visa with study gap.

Jan 10, 2015
Hey All,

I have got so much information about Canadian study permit through this forum and it helped me a great deal while preparing my study permit application. When i approached a big educational consultancy in Chennai they told me that i cant get a visa with my profile and study gap. But after going through this forum i gave it a shot and I got my visa. So my tip to anyone with study gap or a course different from your previous qualification is write a honest and convincing statement of purpose. This is just my experience but for others it may differ.

My profile
10th 80%
12th 91%
2004 -2007 Diploma of hotel management 70%
2007-2009 worked as a bartender
2010 - 2012 diploma of food science and technology 85%
2012-2014 worked in a supermarket while looking for jobs in food technology
Ielts - overall 8.0
Course applied - Diploma of Bioscience technology at Saskatchewan polytechnic
Finance- paid first sem fee+ GIC + Fixed deposit

Applied on 26th June 2105 at Chennai
Processed in bangalore
Got visa on 10th july

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
D

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Hey this is Palak from Gujarat, India. My question is what are my chances of getting a visa if I opt for a lower level 2 years course in Canada even though I have a Bachelors degree already

swagger

Nov 22, 2014
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-7-15
Doc's Request.
passed
IELTS Request
6bands
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-15
LANDED..........
7-8-15
timetraveller87 said:
Hey All,

I have got so much information about Canadian study permit through this forum and it helped me a great deal while preparing my study permit application. When i approached a big educational consultancy in Chennai they told me that i cant get a visa with my profile and study gap. But after going through this forum i gave it a shot and I got my visa. So my tip to anyone with study gap or a course different from your previous qualification is write a honest and convincing statement of purpose. This is just my experience but for others it may differ.

My profile
10th 80%
12th 91%
Ielts - overall 8.0

Processed in bangalore
Got visa on 10th july

Thanks
D
hey bro congo u got visa can u tell me wt r my chances

10-6.0cgp
12-71 foodproduction
going for culinary managment coop

ielts -6band

Jan 10, 2015
palak63 said:
Hey this is Palak from Gujarat, India. My question is what are my chances of getting a visa if I opt for a lower level 2 years course in Canada even though I have a Bachelors degree already
Every case is different. But as far as I know you have to prove them that why you need that course after doing a bachelor degree and also you have a genuine intent to study.

Jan 10, 2015
swagger said:
hey bro congo u got visa can u tell me wt r my chances

10-6.0cgp
12-71 foodproduction
going for culinary managment coop

ielts -6band
Thank you
CHC considers a lot of factors while issuing a study permit
-academics
-language
-study gap
-previous employment history
and every case is different. i am a student like you. So I am not really qualified to assess your chances. Please ask the seniors

Hienz

Nov 29, 2012
Hello Timetraveller,

Can you share with me how did you write your study plan? I am thinking of studying in Canada and I have study gap too.

I have finished my Bachelor's Degree in 1996

I have finished my Masters Degree in 2012

I completed my Masters Degree in the Philippines in 2012 but not a full time student that is why i had these gaps in my studies.

At the moment I am working here in Thailand as a teacher and the school give me one year permission to
study Diploma in Special Educational.

skswamy

Jun 24, 2015
@timetraveller congratulations. Are u based out of chennai. Would like to directly connect with you . Could share ur contact details.
Have u booked tickets

glencybabyvengassery

May 7, 2014
Hey All,

My profile
10th 80%
12th 91%
Ielts - overall 8.0

Processed in bangalore
Got visa on 10th july

Thanks
D

Hai if you dont mind please send a sample copy of your sop please.
glencybabyvengassery@gmail.com

Reactions: Qdeeh11

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Use this format for SOP:

Study Plan
My Name is xxxxxxxx and I am a xxxxxxxx National. I am currently a xxxxxxxxxxxx working as a xxxxxx in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Company. I have decided and would like to pursue an MBA (Master of Business Administration) in Finance at the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, University of xxxxxxxxxxxx, Canada starting in Fall 2016. I would like to detail my study plan in the format below.

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
x
x
x
Answer
x

What is your overall educational goal?
x
Answer

Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or citizenship?
x
Answer
x
x

How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or citizenship?
x
x
Answer
x

What ties do you have to your country of residence or citizenship?
x
x
x
Answer
x
x
x

Reactions: Qdeeh11

Chin123

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hey All,

My profile
10th 80%
12th 91%
Ielts - overall 8.0

Processed in bangalore