+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thailand Police Clearance PCC - Fingerprinting and Payment?

joeysupertramp

May 24, 2017
Okay, so here's my monthly update! My medicals were passed today (yay!) and I was granted a 60 day extension for my FBI PCC (double yay!)

However, I have also been asked to provide a Thailand Police Clearance now (boooooo!) And by golly, if you thought the FBI PCC was a pain, this takes it to a whole 'nother level! Unclear forms, a tough fingerprinting process, strangely sized passport photos and the need to send money without any sort of receipt or link to your application.

Just wondered if anybody has had to do a Thai Police Check and if so, here are my questions:

1) Where did you get your fingerprinting done? It says on the document list that you need to get it completed and stamped at either the Thai Embassy or at a Police Station. Problem being, the embassy here in Toronto states on their website that they do not provide this service and the police do not either. The only way I know is to get it done by a fingerprinting service (like the FBI). Any help?!

2) On the second page of the fingerprinting form, there is a document that LOOKS LIKE it should be filled out by an official but it doesn't claim that to be the case, any ideas?!

3) It says that you have to send 100 baht to have the application completed and gives the bank details to send it to, but how do they know that it is meant for your application?!

4) How do you send a return envelope with stamps when they have to send it FROM Thailand to here? Don't they have to be Thai stamps?!

Thank you all in advance and here's to hoping that the next update you get is my completed timeline!

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Okay, so here's my monthly update! My medicals were passed today (yay!) and I was granted a 60 day extension for my FBI PCC (double yay!)

However, I have also been asked to provide a Thailand Police Clearance now (boooooo!) And by golly, if you thought the FBI PCC was a pain, this takes it to a whole 'nother level! Unclear forms, a tough fingerprinting process, strangely sized passport photos and the need to send money without any sort of receipt or link to your application.

Just wondered if anybody has had to do a Thai Police Check and if so, here are my questions:

1) Where did you get your fingerprinting done? It says on the document list that you need to get it completed and stamped at either the Thai Embassy or at a Police Station. Problem being, the embassy here in Toronto states on their website that they do not provide this service and the police do not either. The only way I know is to get it done by a fingerprinting service (like the FBI). Any help?!

2) On the second page of the fingerprinting form, there is a document that LOOKS LIKE it should be filled out by an official but it doesn't claim that to be the case, any ideas?!

3) It says that you have to send 100 baht to have the application completed and gives the bank details to send it to, but how do they know that it is meant for your application?!

4) How do you send a return envelope with stamps when they have to send it FROM Thailand to here? Don't they have to be Thai stamps?!

Thank you all in advance and here's to hoping that the next update you get is my completed timeline!

How did it go? I'm considering doing this before IRCC may ask for a PCC from Thailand.

sinancan

Jun 27, 2017
Yes I had it done in 2018.

1) https://www.redsealnotary.com/

2) Maybe link to it and I can check. But I can tell in advance, I didn't get anything filled out by any official (other than fingerprinting which didn't involve Thai forms).

3-4) Personally I'd strongly recommend against going that route.

- I had it done through someone I know in Thailand
- I prepared the entire package of documents (including the form that authorizes my friend to deal with it).
- Took a photo of everything and sent it over the internet to my friend who verified it with the responsible Thai dept.
- Once verified, I sent the docs to my friend over fast & verified parcel service.
- My friend collected the result personally.
- Scanned and sent me over the internet.

If you try to send it and get it back over mail, prepare to suffer for months and possibly fail IMO.

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply! what a hassle. I kinda regret not doing it when I was there.
I'm considering paying for the service of one of those Immigration offices, cause don't really have people there and I'm way too far from any Thai Embassy here. Good to know your experience.

sinancan

Jun 27, 2017
No problem. I think those service should also be a good idea, assuming the price is reasonable. And Thai Embassy won't help anyway.