waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi,

this concern is not mine but my friends'. she is a live in caregiver and wishes to bring her kid here in Canada through a student visa. i just want to help her since she doesnt know where to start. i want to know what are the requirements? she (my caregiver friend) has relatives here and they will be providing home for the child if ever she gets here. i know someone who was able to bring his daughter but wont tell how he did it. :(

thanks so much. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can start by applying for a TRV for the child to come visit her. After the child is in Canada, she can place it with the relatives. It is possible to apply for study permits for minor children, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-minors.asp but in some cases people have not done this and have not been requested to do that. It is possible for the relatives to go to the school in their neighbourhood and explain that the child is temporarily staying with them with the mothers permission and see if they can enroll her but if they do that, they need to apply to extend her visit visa before it expires.

There is still no guarantee that her child will get a TRV to come visit here and if she does, there is no guarantee that the school would allow her to enroll without having a study permit for minor and if she applies for a study permit for minor or a visit visa extension, there is also no guarantee that it would be granted. She needs to prove to immigration that the child is only staying temporarily and will return home at the end of her stay and that there are funds available to take care of the child (letter from relatives stating that they will take care of that).

Faithy0603

Sep 6, 2013
Leon, is it possible that i sponsor my husband if im on open working permit and then he applies a student visa then add him to my application for permanent resident, is that possible? Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faithy0603 said:
Leon, is it possible that i sponsor my husband if im on open working permit and then he applies a student visa then add him to my application for permanent resident, is that possible? Thanks in advance
Are you a live in caregiver on an open permit? There would be two ways for your husband to come to Canada.

1. If you now have a skilled job, he could apply for an open work permit based on your permit and skilled position. He would have to show copies of your work permit and a letter from your employer describing your position, wages and job duties in such a way that it would be considered skilled.

2. Your husband could apply for a study permit by himself. You could write him a letter of support stating your income and that you will support him. He or you will have to show that he can afford to pay his tuition as well as survive.

In either case, it is not guaranteed that he will be approved. Immigration will still look at if they consider him a risk of overstay.

As for being on your PR application, of course he should be listed. It is your obligation to include your husband on your PR application. There is trouble if you don't.