+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW visa records

Icemonkey

Jun 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

I hope someone will enlighten my case. To begin, I am in the Philippines
I am currently applying as a tfw labourer in Quebec. I have just passed the initial interview and is now processing to complete my papers to be submitted for LMIA.
Here is my sentiment.
I have worked in Alberta in Jan 2014 with a valid tfw visa. To cut the story short, I did not like how they treat people there so I resigned. . After saving enough to buy my ticket, I went home to the Philippines even if my Visa is still valid for 9-10 months more. I went home in May 2015. I was not able to return to Canada but I dont have any bad record and I never overstayed there. What's bothering me is I did not put this on my resume for reasons that they might ask why I am not able to finish my contract or for an employment certificate. My question is, do they keep records of work visas/permits of temporary foreign workers?, will they be able to know about my previous work visa? I did not declare this on my resume and on some forms I did not state that I used to work in Canada before. Please help. Tell me if my I should still go on with my application.
Thank you

Icemonkey

Jun 15, 2021
Of course IRCC keeps records of past visas/permits and yes, they will know about your previous work visa. You should have declared it.
thank you for your prompt reply, oh jesus. I am processing mypapers to be submitted for For a new temporary work visa, do you think they will know it by this time or will they deny my entry once I arrive at the Canadian airport?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for your prompt reply, oh jesus. I am processing mypapers to be submitted for For a new temporary work visa, do you think they will know it by this time or will they deny my entry once I arrive at the Canadian airport?
So you have the approved permit?