+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW URGENT GO HOME

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
Hello every one!!
i am seeking advice here, i came here as temporary foreigner worker in hotel after i arrived hotel said due to low occupancy they layout ppl so no more job thatswhy i have valid visa in Canada but i don't have job , trying find another Lmia but right now i need to go my country for very urgent for few week and come back again so my question is can i go short vacation and come back again to canada even though i don't have job in canada ? only i have TFW valid visa ..kindly advice me please...

Regards

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
As far you carry your WP and your Visa if needed should be OK.

To lose the job doesn't mean WP is revoked.
In your case I guess you never started to work, that could be an issue for you (I don't think so) or perhaps even for the employer (apply for a LMIA and don't hire the worker), I don't know.

I more than five flights coming back to Canada as TFW nobody asked about it I still having the job, justa a valid WP was requested (and VISA if applicable )

That's my experience until January 2015, last time I came back, I don't know if nowadays things changed

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
Dear Gergor, Thank you very much for ur kind advice and yes in my case i never start work since i landed in canada all i am staying with my sister and she is the one taking care of me and my expenses. when i arrived here my company said that i cant join work and i have to go back my country and they are ready to pay my plane fair back to country but i said i will try to find another LMIA and staying with sister all free till now and wishing to have lmia soon. but for some urgent matter ( Earth Quack ) last time in my country i really need to go and come back again but i m very very affriad that they will stop me to back again cause i never have work in Canada since i arrived . i dont know how can i find out the 105% confirm wt wt will happen if i go and come back ? im having kind of hard time really....

best regards

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
To be 100% sure you'll need a inmigration expert advise, hopefully you can get a more qualified answer here.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
as long as u satisfy the below requirements you are free to exist and return

hold a multiple entry visa or visa exempt
hold a valid permit - work / study

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Forlorn said:
Hello every one!!
i am seeking advice here, i came here as temporary foreigner worker in hotel after i arrived hotel said due to low occupancy they layout ppl so no more job thatswhy i have valid visa in Canada but i don't have job , trying find another Lmia but right now i need to go my country for very urgent for few week and come back again so my question is can i go short vacation and come back again to canada even though i don't have job in canada ? only i have TFW valid visa ..kindly advice me please...

Regards
yes you can go for a short vacation. The problem is when you come back here in Canada. You should provide valid visa and valId work permit.

When you get to the immigration, they will check these 2 documents. But what if they call your employer to confirm your work? What will you do? Usually, for us caregivers, when we come back from vacation, we have a letter of employment addressed to the immigration agents to confirm that we are still currently employed by them. On my experience, i dont show it unless they asked. But still, i have it on my hand just in case...

So for me, if you come back knowing that you Are not currently employed but have a valid work permit, is a risk you have to take.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I really don't know if could be a problem.

I came back like 5 times and no one asked me anything after check my passport and WP

But an officer can ask if he wants, and better don't lie

So, before leave try to confirm you'll be OK

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Additionally, if you are citizen of a country that requires Visa, you need a valid Visa.

If your country don't need Visa, note that to leave Canada or to return Canada by Comercial lines after March 30, you need a Electronica travel authorization ETA