+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW to FSW inside canada application

bon

Dec 31, 2008
is BC bettter than AB in terms of PNP ,, i mean whats the difference?? my frend wants to move to BC and change employer.. another question is can i file independent or fsw while im on a TFW semi skilled if i qualify for the point system , will i get an approved application if i file inside canada?tnx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to look at BC PNP and AB PNP rules and with regards to what you want from it. AB has a H1B program that allows people on H1B and a couple of other visas in the US to apply for AB PNP. BC does not have this program. AB has a program for family members, if you want to sponsor your brother under PNP, you can do it if you live in AB. BC does not have this program. BC has an investor program. If you have money and business experience, you can apply under BC PNP. AB does not have this program.

As for semi skilled, they both have them but slightly different professions and rules. In BC you have to work as a semi skilled for 9 months before you can apply but they have less restrictions on occupations and no restrictions on number of people for each employer. In AB you have to work as a semi skilled for 6 months before you can apply but there are fewer occupations and in some cases there is only a limited number allowed for each employer.

According to the FSW rules, if you are legally working in Canada for 1 year or more, you can apply for FSW if you have enough points. It does not say you have to be working a skilled job to do it.