+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW online application refused from Chandigarh office (India).

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update for Work permit aspirants:

My friend applied his work permit with positive LMIA on January 3rd 2015 for the occupation Welder. This was an online application from India. Usually go to Chandigarh office for Punjab applicants. He got refused on 28th April 2015.

Reason: You were not able to demonstrate that you adequately meet the job requirements of your prospective employment.

In complete processing CIC once called my friend and his employer for telephonic interview. Then they called my friend for face to face interview in CIC office Chandigarh on 28th April 2015. My friend took all his original documents to show immigration officer. He also shown them his Alberta registration certificate to work in his profession but they bloody keep on telling him that the test which he is going to have in Alberta will be very tough and it would not be easier for him to pass that. He replied that he can pass it as he is confident and he is qualified person. This was a recorded interview.

After couple of weeks of face to face interview, he got refusal letter through his consultant. Basically the letter was written on the same date as interview. Means they just wanted to refuse the application but wanted to document the refusal by taking interview so my friend should not go for any further appeal.

The reason they have given sound very silly looking at his case. My friend hold genuine work exp in India, working in a reputable company as a Sr. Welder. Hold over 7 years work exp as well as relevant qualification. He has all the required documents and stuff. But CIC just believe that he won't be able to pass the test after arriving in Alberta. I think this is such a stupid reason they can give.

Another guy got work permit rejected after winning appeal from Canadian court. In India it looks like CIC is behaving arrogantly. Please share expert views if anything about his case..

He is even scared to apply for PR now due to the bad decision by CIC.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fastfood said:

My friend applied his work permit with positive LMIA on January 3rd 2015 for the occupation Welder. This was an online application from India. Usually go to Chandigarh office for Punjab applicants. He got refused on 28th April 2015.

Reason: You were not able to demonstrate that you adequately meet the job requirements of your prospective employment.

In complete processing CIC once called my friend and his employer for telephonic interview. Then they called my friend for face to face interview in CIC office Chandigarh on 28th April 2015. My friend took all his original documents to show immigration officer. He also shown them his Alberta registration certificate to work in his profession but they bloody keep on telling him that the test which he is going to have in Alberta will be very tough and it would not be easier for him to pass that. He replied that he can pass it as he is confident and he is qualified person. This was a recorded interview.

After couple of weeks of face to face interview, he got refusal letter through his consultant. Basically the letter was written on the same date as interview. Means they just wanted to refuse the application but wanted to document the refusal by taking interview so my friend should not go for any further appeal.

The reason they have given sound very silly looking at his case. My friend hold genuine work exp in India, working in a reputable company as a Sr. Welder. Hold over 7 years work exp as well as relevant qualification. He has all the required documents and stuff. But CIC just believe that he won't be able to pass the test after arriving in Alberta. I think this is such a stupid reason they can give.

Another guy got work permit rejected after winning appeal from Canadian court. In India it looks like CIC is behaving arrogantly. Please share expert views if anything about his case..

If CIC feels he will not be able to pass the exam in Alberta then they have the right to refuse him because then if he doesn't pass he will be unable to get work in his field. Why they came to the conclusion he wouldn't pass I cannot say. If he is qualified for PR he should apply. A work permit denial won't have much to do with a PR app.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
If CIC feels he will not be able to pass the exam in Alberta then they have the right to refuse him because then if he doesn't pass he will be unable to get work in his field. Why they came to the conclusion he wouldn't pass I cannot say. If he is qualified for PR he should apply. A work permit denial won't have much to do with a PR app.
Well..he scored around 6.5 bands in IELTS. His verbal communication skills are pretty good. His qualification marks are also good. I dont understand on what grounds CIC believe that he wont be able to pass Alberta trade test after arriving. He is near to perfect in his profession.

These CIC people dont even know what a welder does at job; how, they can believe that he wont be able to pass the test? Its like they have authority to believe anything. They belief just wasted all the time and money he spent for the process. He was at the final stage after 2 years of continuous hard work and dealing with immigration process.

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017

Bro I got the same reason for the refusal from Delhi office..

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
What is your friends status now ? Did he got his work permit and PR . Kindly share his experience and what did he do for his refusal .