+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Texas to Canada Express Entry 2018

MaximilianM

May 15, 2018
Hello all,

This forum and corresponding threads have been a huge help to me, so figured I would share our journey in the hopes it does the same, regardless of how it turns out. Will post updates throughout.

My wife and I are immigrating under Express Entry from Dallas, TX. We have no legal counsel, just going off of CIC website and help from the forums. I am the primary applicant, CRS score was 443
  • IELTS taken - March 3 2018
  • WES education verification submitted- March 6 2018
  • IELTS results received- March 15 2018
  • WES results received- May 4 2018
*our uni was slow getting our transcripts to them. I recommend overnighting your sealed official transcripts via FedEx or UPS. Would’ve saved us a month probably.​
  • Created Express Entry profile- May 4 2018
  • Applied for ONLINE FBI Identity History Report (Police certificate)-May 4 2018
  • Overnighted fingerprint card to FBI- May 7 2018
  • Received FBI Identity History Report- May 8 2018
*I was super worried from reading that the police certificate could take weeks to months. The online version is relatively new and took only a day after getting prints. Relax!​
  • Selected in draw and extended ITA- May 9 2018
  • Currently gathering employment reference letters, medical exam, and proof of funds. Expected application submitted date: June 22 2018
I’ll update as we go, and happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

Last edited:

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Thanks for sharing your story, I'm sure it'll be helpful to some :) May I ask - what did you score in IELTS?

Good luck in your journey to Canada! Where do you plan to settle when you get PR?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience! I also just got my ITA in the May 9th draw. Are you a US citizen? I'm applying from the NY/CT area.

MaximilianM

May 15, 2018
Thanks for sharing your story, I'm sure it'll be helpful to some :) May I ask - what did you score in IELTS?

Good luck in your journey to Canada! Where do you plan to settle when you get PR?
My wife and I both scored 8.5 and above on all IELTS sections for English. We are hoping for Vancouver area or somewhere in BC, but applying for jobs in Calgary too!

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello all,

This forum and corresponding threads have been a huge help to me, so figured I would share our journey in the hopes it does the same, regardless of how it turns out. Will post updates throughout.

My wife and I are immigrating under Express Entry from Dallas, TX. We have no legal counsel, just going off of CIC website and help from the forums. I am the primary applicant, CRS score was 443
*our uni was slow getting our transcripts to them. I recommend overnighting your sealed official transcripts via FedEx or UPS. Would’ve saved us a month probably.​
  • Applied for ONLINE FBI Identity History Report (Police certificate)-May 4 2018
*I was super worried from reading that the police certificate could take weeks to months. The online version is relatively new and took only a day after getting prints. Relax!​
  • Currently gathering employment reference letters, medical exam, and proof of funds. Expected application submitted date: June 22 2018
Thank you for sharing this. Looking at your expected documents submission date, I feel that my submission would be around the same week as well. Received an ITA on May 9th. Waiting for Indian PCC to be dispatched(will take another 3 weeks from today). After I get my passport back from the Indian embassy, I plan to go for my Medical exam in the 3rd week of June. Let's be in touch.

Reactions: MaximilianM

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Yep! We both are US citizens and lifelong Texans. Good luck!
Awesome! And thank you, you too! I'm hoping to submit in early June, so we won't be too far apart. I'm looking forward to following your timeline alongside mine.

Do you mind if i ask what your reasons are for obtaining PR in Canada?

Reactions: Chenna_g

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
My wife and I both scored 8.5 and above on all IELTS sections for English. We are hoping for Vancouver area or somewhere in BC, but applying for jobs in Calgary too!
Everyone is wanting to settle in US wish they had citizenship...millions of us immigrants. Can i ask you what made you and your wife to move to Canada?

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Hello all,

All the best for safe submission!wel all get there!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Awesome job! It is soooooo worth it all!

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Thank you for sharing this. Looking at your expected documents submission date, I feel that my submission would be around the same week as well. Received an ITA on May 9th. Waiting for Indian PCC to be dispatched(will take another 3 weeks from today). After I get my passport back from the Indian embassy, I plan to go for my Medical exam in the 3rd week of June. Let's be in touch.
Hi Rohit,

Your ILETS attempt- first and second what difference did it make as far as preparation, Also did you take BC or IDP?
475 is impressive score way beyond cut off. can you share your profile if you want too. Do you have any canadian experience or study?

MaximilianM

May 15, 2018
Awesome! And thank you, you too! I'm hoping to submit in early June, so we won't be too far apart. I'm looking forward to following your timeline alongside mine.

Do you mind if i ask what your reasons are for obtaining PR in Canada?
The somewhat typical reasons that I imagine a lot of Americans post. I actually grew up playing hockey and would travel into and around Canada, just loved it from a younger age. Its hard to explain, but my wife and I just have always felt like we belong in Canada during our visits. Ranging from our pale complexions that melt in Texas haha, to our personalities and personal interests. As we are establishing our careers and only getting older, we want to do it now.

MaximilianM

May 15, 2018
Everyone is wanting to settle in US wish they had citizenship...millions of us immigrants. Can i ask you what made you and your wife to move to Canada?
Just a personal preference. Nothing wrong with United States at all and very grateful, just feel like a better fit in Canada on almost all fronts.

MaximilianM

May 15, 2018
Best of luck! I’m going in for medical first week of June and plan to post details of what it was like.