+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test to Oath - When does delay qualify as unreasonable for mandamus?

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:
I called them a few days before posting here.
Lady over the phone agreed that they went overboard with the delay and said she'd write an email to the local office.
Local office responded with a CIT0520 (post-test RQ).

Had I not called, and gone for Mandamus, like ambient2 did, would I have received "decision made" by now?
Do you know how many times call agent told me that same story and sent the reminder to local office ? probably 8-9 times. I personally sent them few letters with passive-aggressive threats of suing them (In march was the last one). Also my first ATIP from last year (and every other ATIP after that) had residency cleared, so even by responding to my threats with RQ, I would have sued anyway.
(what is the point of living in the developed world if you can not appropriate the rule of law in your favor?)

My coworker applied for PR card last year and she got the request for her divorce certificate for the third time today (she already sent it twice). I don't think IRCC follows any logic of issuing requests. Somehow Immigration process for few of us became the evaluation of our stamina.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Do you know how many times call agent told me that same story and sent the reminder to local office ? probably 8-9 times. I personally sent them few letters with passive-aggressive threats of suing them (In march was the last one). Also my first ATIP from last year (and every other ATIP after that) had residency cleared, so even by responding to my threats with RQ, I would have sued anyway.
(what is the point of living in the developed world if you can not appropriate the rule of law in your favor?)

My coworker applied for PR card last year and she got the request for her divorce certificate for the third time today (she already sent it twice). I don't think IRCC follows any logic of issuing requests. Somehow Immigration process for few of us became the evaluation of our stamina.
I'm with the logic of laws and regulations and orderly timed procedures. But I'm not really sure what else works besides the mandamus... I was surprised to learn my calling them, lead to this... Let's wait and see.